What is DLNA and how Do I connect DLNA-enabled devices to my Samsung Galaxy S5?
Last updated: 16 May, 2014
The Digital Living Network Alliance (DLNA) is a service which allows users to share media files between other DLNA-enabled devices at home over a Wi-Fi network.
You may read the term 'AllShare' used to describe Samsung DLNA-compatible devices.
There are several ways to connect to nearby devices and play media stored on those devices from your device. When you open a media app on your device, such as Gallery, Music, or Video, nearby devices will be displayed in their own tab. In the example below we are accessing a DLNA device from the Music application.
If the device you are trying to connect to is not detected, and you are sure it is connected to the same Wi-Fi access point, touch . Touch a device in the list to browse its contents. Then touch an item to play it on your device.
To connect to your device from other DLNA devices turn on the sharing feature. You will receive a request when a nearby device recognises that you have chosen to share content. Approve access by touching OK or reject access by touching Cancel.
Note: when you turn on File sharing any device connected to the same Wi-Fi access point may be able to access and view the content you decide to share. This includes public Wi-Fi access points you may use at a coffee shop or a hotel. We recommend that you turn off File sharing when it is not in use.
1. From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > Nearby devices .
2. Touch the switch to turn Nearby devices on .
3. Touch Shared contents and mark the media you want to share with other devices.
4. Touch Allowed devices to view devices you have approved access for. You can approve access for up to 10 devices. To remove access for a device mark the device's checkbox and touch Delete.
5. Touch Denied devices to view devices you have rejected access for. If you decide you want to approve a device, mark the device's checkbox and then touch Delete. The next time the device is in range you will receive an access request again. Touch OK to approve access.
6. Touch Download to and then select the preferred storage location for media you download from other devices.
7. Touch Download from other devices to select how your device should handle requests to download content from a remote device. Choose Always accept, Always ask (default), or Always reject.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .