Why Is not My Remote Control Working On My HT-F4500 Blu-ray Home Theater System?
HT-F4500 Home THeater System Remote Control
Your HTS remote may not be working due to the following:
• HTS is not set to the correct input
• Batteries are drained or have been inserted incorrectly
• The IR sensor on the remote is failing
• The remote sensor on the main unit is failing
To determine what is causing the problem start with 'Remote Control Modes' below.
Remote Control Functions
When the Function button is pressed on your remote the Blu-ray HTS toggles through BD/DVD, D.IN, Aux, and FM. Press the Function and observe the front display of the HTS until it is set to the function you want to use. For example, if you want to watch a Blu-ray movie press the Function button until BD/DVD is displayed and then press play.
• BD/DVD: Select this when you want to watch a DVD/Blu-ray disc or to use Smart Hub.
• D.IN: Select this when you have a TV/external devices connected to the Digital Optical In port on the back of the HTS, this can be a TV or external device.
• AUX: Select this when you have a TV/external devices connected to the red and white audio ports on the back of the HTS, (red & white RCA audio cables).
• FM: Select this when you are listening to the FM radio.
If your remote control does not respond at all the batteries may be drained or have been inserted incorrectly. Remove the batteries and then press and hold the power button for about 8 seconds, this will reset the remote. Next obtain fresh batteries and match the +/- symbols accordingly.
If you have verified that you are using the correct input and have also replaced the batteries but your remote does not respond, the sensor on the remote or on the main unit may be failing. Follow the steps below to determine which is failing and requires service.
To test the remote, you will need a digital camera or a cell phone with a built-in camera.
• If you can see the IR light flickering or flashing on the camera screen, your remote is working properly but the sensor on the main unit is not, the main unit requires service. To arrange service online click the Online Service Request button below this article.
• Universal remotes are not recommended since not all HTS functions may be supported by the universal remote, however, basic functions may work.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Tweet us, 8am-5pm, 7 days a week.
Comment on our page between, 8am-5pm,
7 days a week.
Live Chat support with a Samsung product expert
We will aim to respond within 24 hours for general inquiry or technical support
Check the status of your repair with Samsung
A new way to get the answers you want.
Incredible technology with even more amazing support.
The Samsung Interactive guide is the latest and greatest way to get the support you need, when you want.
Contact the dedicated CEO's Office for any suggestions on how Samsung can assist you better
Welcome to Cyber Service
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
24 hours a day / 7 days a week
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .