1996 - 1994
a Global Force
In the mid-1990s, Samsung revolutionized its business through a dedication to making world-class products, providing total customer satisfaction, and being a good corporate citizen all under the vision of "quality first".
- Samsung Electronics completed development of 1G DRAM
- Samsung Electronics developed world’s fastest CPU (central processing unit), the Alpha chip
- Samsung Electronics began mass production of 64M DRAMs
- Samsung Entertainment Group started
- Samsung Advanced Institute of Technology developed world’s first real-time MPEG-3 technology
- Samsung Electronics introduced world’s first 33” double-screen TV
- Samsung Heavy Industries developed first Korean-built electric car (SEV-III)
- Samsung Electronics completed development of world’s first 256M DRAM
- Samsung Electronics produced 30 millionth microwave oven
- Samsung Aerospace developed the world’s first four-power zoom camera
You are about to leave the Samsung New Zealand website. Samsung makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or quality of any information, services or products from a third party provider.