1979 - 1969
Samsung Electronics was founded in 1969 and quickly became a major manufacturer in the Korean market.
During this initial period a burst of growth came from the burgeoning home electronics business and the company began exporting its products for the first time. Samsung Electronics also acquired a 50 percent stake in Korea Semiconductor; further solidifying Samsung Electronics' position as a leader in semiconductor manufacturing.
- Began mass production of microwave ovens
- Developed VHS VCRs
- Acquired Korea Electronics Information Co.
- Produced 4 million black-and-white TVs (the most in the world)
- Established first overseas office in the Untied States (SEA)
- Started exporting colour TVs
- Began mass producing colour TVs
- Acquired Korea Semiconductor Co.
- Produced 1 million black-and-white TVs
- Launched world's third 'Quick Start' system TV (Product Name: Econo TV)
- Began washing machine and refrigerator production
- Began production of black-and-white televisions for the domestic market
- Began exporting black-and-white TVs to Panama
- Black-and-white TV (model: P-3202) production started by Samsung-Sanyo
- Samsung-Sanyo Electronics was established (renamed Samsung Electro-Mechanics in March 1975 and merged with Samsung Electronics in March 1977)
- Established "Samsung Electronics Industry Co Ltd."
You are about to leave the Samsung New Zealand website. Samsung makes no warranty or representation as to the accuracy or quality of any information, services or products from a third party provider.