Samsung has today announced that its award winning handset the Galaxy S II will now be available in classic white, in retailers across the UK.
Simon Stanford, Managing Director, Mobile, Samsung UK and Ireland said: “Since its launch in May the Galaxy S II has been a huge hit with Samsung consumers. We always want to offer a range of products that suit different people and are delighted to now be able to give consumers the choice of the UK’s leading Android smartphone in black or white.”
Slim (8.49mm) and lightweight (116g) Samsung’s Galaxy S II White runs on Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) and is super-fast thanks to its dual-core 1.2GHz processor. The device’s exceptionally bright screen makes it perfect for watching movies and TV or playing games and looking at apps, with its ground-breaking ‘organic’ LED screen technology, Super
The Galaxy S II is built for multi-tasking, its dual-core processor makes switching between applications and loading web pages such as Google, Yahoo and YouTube quick, whilst superior 3D hardware means games and videos can be loaded and played with ease. What’s more, there’s immediate access to content and services such as catch up TV and movie downloads, thanks to super-fast connectivity and WiFi, with speeds up to 21Mbps which provides increased download speeds, and Bluetooth 3.0+HS which reduces data transfer times significantly.
The Galaxy S II White is available at all major retailers online and in store from 31st Augusts 2011.
Note to Editors:
Samsung’s four content and entertainment hubs consist of the following;
- Social Hub Premium: People can talk to who they want, how they want, all from one place. From here, sync the phonebook with social networks, Instant Messenger and email accounts, access all messages (push e-mail, text, VM and SNS) and respond directly without having to log into individual applications.
- Readers Hub: Samsung’s Reader’s Hub provides over 2.2million books and novels, 2000 global and local newspapers in 49 languages and 2300 popular magazines in 22 languages.
- Games Hub: Featuring a 3-axis gyroscopic sensor, the Samsung Galaxy S II is the perfect device for gaming fans. New games are available to try for free, premium titles can be downloaded from partners including Gameloft and in-game chat is possible with Social Network Games (SNG).
- Music Hub: Access over 12million tracks provided by 7digital, search for artists, get recommendations on new acts, and sample 30 or 60 second previews for free.
Samsung GALAXY S II Product Specifications:
|Network||GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
HSPA+21 850 / 900 / 1900 / 2100
|OS||Android 2.3 (Gingerbread)|
|Display||4.27” WVGA (480 x 800) Super AMOLED Plus|
|Processor( BB & AP )||XMM6260 + 1.2GHz Dual core Processor|
|Camera||Main (Rear): 8.0-Mega Pixel Camera AF with LED Flash
Front: 2.0-Mega Pixel Camera
Single Shot, Continuous Shot, Panorama Shot, Smile Shot
|Video||MPEG4 / H.264 / H.263 / DivX / VC-
Playback : FULL HD (1080p)@30fps
Recording: FULL HD (1080p)@30fps
Format: 3gp (mp4)
1080p Recording / Playing (BP / MP / HP)
|Audio||MP3, AAC, AAC+, eACC+
3.5mm Ear Jack & Speaker, Stereo FM Radio with RDS, Voice Recorder
• Integrated Contacts, Integrated Calendar, Widget, Unified Inbox
• Premium: SNS push notification, Push Email & Push IM
• Basic: POP3 / IMAP Email & IM
(* Availability of Social Hub differs by country and mobile operator)
|Value-added Features||Android Market
Samsung TouchWiz 4.0
QuickType by SWYPE
Document Viewer / Editor
Android Brower, RSS Reader
Google MapsTM with Latitude, Places, Navigation (beta)
GoogleTM Voice Search
Lost Phone Management
|Connectivity||Bluetooth technology v 3.0 + HS
Wi-Fi 802.11 (a / b / g / n)
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Light, Digital Compass, Proximity, Gyro|
|Memory||16GB Flash + microSD (up to 32GB)|
|Size||125.3 x 66.1 x 8.49mm, 116g|
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in semiconductor, telecommunication, digital media and digital convergence technologies with 2010 consolidated sales of US$135.8 billion. Employing approximately 190500 people in 206 offices across 68 countries, the company consists of nine independently operated business units: Visual Display, Mobile Communications, Telecommunication Systems, Digital Appliances, IT Solutions, Digital Imaging, Memory, System LSI and LCD. Recognised as one of the fastest growing global brands, Samsung Electronics is a leading producer of digital TVs, semiconductor chips, mobile phones and TFT-LCDs. For more information, please visit www.samsung.com.