Samsung Introduces The New Galaxy Ace 3on Jun 11, 2013
The smartphone packed with intuitive features
Samsung Electronics today announced a new addition to the popular Galaxy family with the Samsung Galaxy Ace 3. Building on the success of the previous Galaxy Ace series, the Galaxy Ace 3 boasts powerful performance with a 1.2GHz dual core processor built to perform data-intensive tasks faster and more efficiently than its predecessor.
Powered by Android™ Jellybean 4.2, the larger 4.0 inch display offers a brilliant viewing experience while playing games and watching movies. The 5-megapixel camera is equipped with exciting features, including Sound & Shot, Best Photo, and Buddy Photo Share to fuel your creativity and allow easy sharing amongst friends.
To provide a more intuitive user experience, the Galaxy Ace 3 comes equipped with several smart features including:
- • ‘S Translator’: Gives instantaneous translations at any time, wherever you are
- • ‘S Travel’: Provides guides and travel information for your next trip
- • ‘Smart Stay’: Recognises when you are looking at the phone, and saves battery life when you look away by dimming the screen and powering down using advanced facial recognition
- • ‘S Voice’: Offers voice command functionality
- • ‘Easy Mode’: Brings a simple and intuitive homescreen mode for streamlined access to your top functions
Depending on the market, the Galaxy Ace 3 LTE version will be available in two different versions – 3G or LTE. The LTE version will be available in the UK.
The Galaxy Ace 3 is now available in the UK. To find out more, just click here.
Note to Editors:
Samsung Galaxy Ace 3 (LTE Version) Product Specifications
|Network||LTE: 150 / 50Mbps 800 / 900 / 1800 / 2600MHz
3G: HSPA+ 42 / 5.76Mbps 850 / 900 / 2100MHz
|Processor||1.2GHz Dual Core processor|
|Display||4-inch WVGA (480 x 800) TFT LCD|
|OS||Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean)|
|Camera||Main (Rear): 5-megapixel camera with LED Flash
Sub (Front): VGA camera
Sound & Shot, Best Shot, Best Photo
|Video||Codec: MPEG4, H.264, H.263, VC-1, WMV7 / 8, VP8, Sorenson Spark
Playback & Recording: 1080p Full HD decoding & 720p HD recording @30fps
|Audio||Codec: MP3, OGG, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, WMA, FLAC, AMR-NB / WB
3.5mm Ear Jack
Music Player with Sound Alive
|Services & Additional Features||Samsung Apps|
- Readers Hub / Game Hub / Music Hub
Samsung Kies Air (Downloadable via Samsung Apps)
|Samsung ChatON mobile communication service|
|S Translator, S Travel, Smart Stay, S Voice, Easy Mode, Pop up play|
|Google Mobile Services||Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Play, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Places, Google Navigation (Turn-by-turn Navigation)|
|Connectivity||Wi-Fi 802.11b/g/n 2.4GHz
BT 4.0, USB 2.0
|Sensor||Accelerometer, Digital Compass, Proximity|
|Memory||8GB Internal memory (* User memory approximately 5GB) + microSD slot (up to 64GB), 1GB RAM
*User memory space may be less than the total memory space due to system files. User memory may differ by region, carrier, and supporting language, and may change after software upgrade.
|GPS||A-GPS / GLONASS|
|Dimension||121.2 x 62.7 x 10mm, 119.5g|
|Battery||Standard battery, Li-ion 1800mAh|
* All functionality features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
* The availability of each Samsung Hub and Google service may differ by country.
* Android, Google, Google Search, Google Maps, Gmail, Google Play, Google Plus, YouTube, Google Places, and Google Navigation are all trademarks of Google Inc.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 236000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com/uk.