SAN FRANCISCO, Calif.― Oct. 28, 2013 ― Samsung Electronics released five new and improved software development kits (SDKs) for creating consumer and enterprise apps on its smartphones, tablets and Smart TVs today at Samsung Developers Conference (#SDC13). The new SDKs, available in beta today, exemplify Samsung’s focus on equipping software developers with the tools, resources and support necessary to foster a connected multiscreen experience across Samsung devices.
“There are close to half a billion connected devices in the world today, yet a very limited portion are actually connected to each other,” said Dr. Won-Pyo Hong, President and head of the Samsung Electronics Media Solution Center. “Samsung is creating one of the largest connected platforms spanning a broad range of devices that people love and use every day, including smartphones, tablets, TVs and much more. We are clearing a path for creative developers who want to participate in this multiscreen future, and the SDKs we are releasing today give them a way to start creating for multiscreen, and take advantage of our leadership across so many screens.”
The new SDKs include a more streamlined Samsung Mobile SDK, Samsung Multiscreen SDK, Samsung Multiscreen Gaming SDK, and a Samsung Smart TV SDK. Also, Samsung KNOX SDK will be introduced and highlighted at the conference.
· Samsung Multiscreen SDK is an all-new SDK that allows developers take advantage of Samsung’s market leadership in smartphones and smart TVs. Based on a cloud publishing system, the Multiscreen SDK includes APIs for one-touch discovery and pairing of devices, which allows for content sharing across devices.
· A streamlined version of the Samsung Mobile SDK is now available. The SDK now combines 10 individual packages, including the latest groundbreaking S Pen, Media Control, Professional Audio, and Gesture, into a single integrated SDK for easier overall development.
· Samsung has partnered with Unity Technologies to create the Samsung Multiscreen Gaming SDK. It is a gaming engine built on top of the Samsung Multiscreen SDK that allows game developers to create immersive multiscreen gaming experiences that people play on any big screen TV using a Samsung smartphone or tablet as a console.
· The Samsung Smart TV SDK lets developers and content partners create applications for Samsung Smart TVs. This version includes WebEngine 2014 for support of next year’s Smart TVs, as well as Samsung Connect for multiscreen support. The SDK also now supports Smart Home development, closed captioning so that subtitles can appear in video apps, and improved content filtering and search.
· The Samsung KNOX SDK provides security and management enhancements, which enables enterprises to support both Bring-Your-Own-Device (BYOD) without compromising either corporate security or employee privacy.
Sponsors of the Samsung Developers Conference include Appbackr, Bitcasa, Box, Centrify, Challenge Post, Charge Anywhere, Cisco, DJ Flying Quadcopters, Gameloft, Gracenote, Immersion Game Pavillion, Intel, Nuance, PayPal, Salesforce.com, SAP, Sencha and SOTI.
The Samsung Developers Conference is the company’s inaugural global developer event taking place today, October 28, and tomorrow, October 29, at the Westin St. Francis in San Francisco. A live stream of the keynote session and a series of attendee interviews will be available during the two-day conference on AndroidCentral: www.androidcentral.com/sdc13. Join the conversation online on Google+, Facebook, and Twitter with hashtag #SDC13. The official show app, is powered by Topi and available for free on Samsung Apps and Google Play. You can also stay on top of the latest happenings at the event and connect with friends with the Samsung ChatON app, available on all app stores.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
Get free Level U wireless headphones when you add your first card in Samsung Pay.
Get free Level U wireless headphones when you add your first card in Samsung Pay.CHECK IT OUT