SAMSUNG Announces New Galaxy Tab Exclusively Designed for Educationon Jan 29, 2014
New tablet introduced at FETC will work with Google Play for Education
Orlando, Fla. – January 29, 2014 – Samsung Electronics America, Inc. today at FETC 2014 announced plans to launch a new Galaxy Tab exclusively developed for education, which will be available for K-12 school deployments for the 2014-2015 academic year. Launching as part of the Google Play for Education program, the classroom-ready, 10.1-inch tablet will offer simple set up and device management, access to curated educational content, and other features to support dynamic, digital teaching and learning.
“Samsung and Google for Education share a commitment to delivering innovative learning experiences to improve student outcomes,” said Tod Pike, senior vice president at Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division. “The new Galaxy Tab with Google Play for Education integration was created to specifically address the needs of today’s schools and support our vision for powering education by empowering educators.”
Samsung’s education-specific Galaxy Tab is designed for integration with Google Play for Education, Google's content store for K-12 schools. Google Play for Education gives educators access to a wide selection of teacher-approved apps, books, and videos, helping them deliver more engaging and personalized learning to each student. Teachers can search for content by grade, subject and standard (including Common Core), make purchases using a pre-loaded school PO rather than a credit card, and deliver content to students' tablets in a matter of seconds.
With a 10.1-inch WXGA display, the new Galaxy Tab for Education provides students an exceptional viewing experience and the 16:10 aspect ratio is ideal for viewing educational content. It will feature the latest version of Android (version 4.4 or Kit Kat), WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n support for better connectivity, and rear- and front-facing cameras to make capturing images and web chats easy.
The new Galaxy Tab will also include Near Field Communications (NFC) technology, so administrators can quickly and easily set up a classroom of devices with a few taps. Google also provides a web-based management console that will allow schools to easily manage and configure their entire fleet of devices.
Samsung’s new education tablet is set to expand its lineup of Android-powered Galaxy devices and complements the company’s broad portfolio of technology solutions for K-12 education. Available from April, the new Galaxy Tab for education will be sold through Samsung distribution and channel partners.
Additionally, the full line-up of Samsung’s education products and solutions will be on display at FETC this week at the Orange County Convention Center, Booth #323, and includes:
- Samsung School – A fully integrated one-to-one learning package that combines the Galaxy Note 10.1 tablet with an interactive whiteboard display and other classroom technology, all tied together through powerful interactive management software to create an integrated, student-centric learning environment.
- Samsung Chromebook – The leading provider of Chromebooks to K-12, Samsung helped over 4,000 U.S. schools move a step closer to one-to-one computing in 2013. Samsung Chromebooks are ideal for educators seeking an easy-to-use, centrally managed and cost-effective solution that is classroom-ready for one-to-one learning.
- Interactive Whiteboards – Samsung’s interactive whiteboards solution, powered by the MagicIWB 3.0 management software, provides schools a collaborative centerpiece for learning that is interoperable with PCs and tablets on all major operating systems. Ideal for Bring Your Own Device environments, MagicIWB also enables schools to combine multiple displays for greater engagement and collaboration.
- Samsung Printing Solutions – Samsung’s award-winning portfolio of printers and multifunction devices (MFDs) provides the versatility to meet school and district needs for printing and document management. With Samsung’s MobilePrint App, Samsung devices also allow teachers and students to effortlessly print documents from smartphones or tablet PCs.
More information on Samsung’s full technology portfolio for education is available at www.samsung.com/education.
About Samsung Electronics America Enterprise Business Division
As a global leader in Information Technology, Samsung’s Enterprise Business Division (EBD) is committed to introducing new business experiences across a diverse spectrum of industries from retail to healthcare, hospitality to sales. We believe technology brings business and customers together — to better share, collaborate and discover new opportunities. With a market-oriented approach to innovation, EBD is a division of Samsung Electronics America, Inc. (SEA), a U.S. subsidiary of Samsung Electronics Company, Ltd. (SEC). For more information, please visit samsung.com/business, call 1-866-SAM-4BIZ or follow Samsung EBD via Twitter: @SamsungBizUSA.
About Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for people everywhere. Through relentless innovation and discovery, we are transforming the worlds of televisions, smartphones, personal computers, printers, cameras, home appliances, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. We employ 270,000 people across 79 countries with annual sales of US$187.8 billion. To discover more, please visit www.samsung.com.
- Omtool Announces Partnership with SAMSUNG and Extends its AccuRoute Product Line to Support Targeted Document Captu...