Samsung GALAXY S5 Active - Tough Enough for Work and Play
The newest smartphone addition to the Samsung GALAXY line up is engineered for on-the-go and on-the-job adventureNov 13. 2017
MISSISSAUGA, ON – September 15, 2014
Samsung Canada, one of the leading suppliers of smartphones to Canadians, announced today the Canadian availability of the Samsung GALAXY S5 Active. A rugged and powerful smartphone powered with innovation that can be taken anywhere, the GALAXY S5 Active is built to last with US Mil-STD-810G¹ certification and is designed to keep pace with any lifestyle. Thanks to the shock, water and dust resistant casing ¹, the GALAXY S5 Active is the ultimate device for the most demanding environments – from bike trails to the field office. It even has a unique mode that instantly launches adventure-related features, like compasses and maps, conveniently onto one screen.
“The Samsung GALAXY GS5 Active is an important addition to Samsung’s extensive smartphone portfolio because not only is it an ideal choice for Canadian consumers with active lifestyles but it’s also tough enough to take from the jobsite to the slopes and anywhere in-between,” said Paul Brannen, Executive Vice President, Mobile Solutions, Samsung Canada. “The smart, powerful GALAXY S5 Active is built for life on the go and built to last.”
Featuring a modern design with a 2.5 GHz quad-core processor, the GALAXY S5 Active offers users a variety of features that take the active user from work to play:
● Tough enough for any user: The GS5 Active is US Mil-STD-810G ¹ certified making it salt, dust, humidity, rain, vibration, solar radiation and thermal shock resistant.
● Capture Every Adventure: The HDR feature allows active users to balance colour and light, or create more depth by selecting which elements to focus and blur. The 16 megapixel rear-facing camera with digital zoom and a full editing suite make it easy to capture the perfect on-the go moment.
● Stunning Clarity in Every Environment: Whether at the jobsite, office or mountain, the GALAXY S5 Active 5.1” Full HD Super AMOLED screen automatically adjusts contrast and brightness levels to keep your content vibrant, clear and rich.
● Active Living: The built-in heart rate sensor, together with the S Health app, make it easy to track your fitness progress while counting your steps and receiving on-demand nutrition tips.
● Stay connected from anywhere: When access to power outlets are a luxury, the Ultra Power Saving Mode² feature conserves battery life when you need it most by switching to a black and white display and limiting app options, getting up 24 hours on just 10% battery. Severe weather alerts are also available to keep users updated on extreme conditions.
● Separate Work and Play: Like having two devices in one, Samsung KNOX WorkspaceTM creates a virtual, separate and more secure space on the GS5 Active that lets users keep business data more safe and maintain productivity on the road. The secure “TrustZoneTM” is a tamper-resistant area of the ARM processor; backed with FIPS 140-2 certified ODE and VPN ensuring your data-at-rest and data-in-transit are more secure.
● Business On-The-Go: Turn your Samsung GALAXY S5 Active into the ultimate mobile office with Locqus Field Service Management solution. Locqus makes it easy for field service businesses - like electricians, contractors, home repair service technicians and others - to schedule and dispatch jobs, track employee location and get real-time status. Locqus’ billing feature also allows easy and fast acceptance of debit and credit card payments from customers right on the spot, through Moneris Solutions. The free Locqus app is available for download on Galaxy Apps or www.locqus.com/samsung.
Samsung Galaxy GS5 Active Product Specifications:
¹ This device has been tested and received an IP (Ingress Protection) rating of IP67, which tests for dust intrusion and for water submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Not shockproof. Covers must be tightly closed. Device has also passed military specification (MIL-STA-810G) testing against a subset of 18 specific environmental conditions, including temperature, dust and sand, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Covers must be tightly closed. May not perform as shown in all extreme conditions.
² Ultra Power Saving Mode: Battery life will vary depending on power, applications settings and other factors. The maximum capacity of the battery will decrease with time and use.
The Samsung GALAXY S5 Active will come in Titanium Grey and will be available at select retailers in Canada starting September 15th. Please see your carrier for pricing and availability.
About Samsung Electronics Canada
Samsung Electronics Canada is a global leader in technology, opening new possibilities for young minded consumers everywhere through innovation, stylish design and premium experiences. Through relentless innovation and discovery, Samsung is transforming the worlds of TVs, smartphones, tablets, PCs, cameras, home appliances, printers, LTE systems, medical devices, semiconductors and LED solutions. As a result, Samsung has become a true leader in the technology industry. In 2013, Samsung was ranked #8 in the Interbrand 100 Best Global Brands while the Canadian arm was named as one of Strategy Magazine’s 2013 Brands of the Year and Marketing Magazine’s 2012 Top 10 Marketers of the Year in Canada. Globally, Samsung employs 286000 people across 80 countries with annual sales of US$216.7 billion.
Mezzo Global and Samsung revolutionize in-flight entertainment for the airline industry
Mezzoglobal uses Samsung tablets and KNOX Customization to create streamlined, premium travel experience
Cabture and Samsung collaborate to improve taxi services and safety with interactive tablet solution
Galaxy Tab 4 devices with KNOX Customization heighten travel experience for passengers.
Weblib and Samsung deliver new digitised services and entertainment solution for QSR
Weblib integrates Samsung KNOX Customization into quick-service restaurant solution, creates new ways to attract customers and build brand loyalty