At Samsung Electronics, we put our priority on protecting your personal information.
Acknowledging the importance of your personal information, we strive to secure and carefully process the information you share with us.
We value your trust. We hence provide notice regarding how we collect, use and share your information. Our collection, use and sharing of your information is only based on your permission or where allowed by law.
We at Samsung Electronics help safeguard your data through technical data security and internal management procedures as well as physical data protection measures. Particularly, we’ve developed Samsung Knox, a strong proprietary encryption technology. We’ve applied it across a number of systems and products in an effort to differentiate ourselves from other companies.
We strive to offer inspiring and fascinating digital experiences. In order to do so, your trust is paramount and thus, we take measures to protect your personal information.
Thank you for your continued interest and support.
Samsung Electronics knows how important privacy is to our customers. We want to make sure you understand how we collect and use your personal information across all of our Samsung devices and services, from mobile phones and tablets to TVs, home appliances, online services, and more.
We collect personal information that you provide directly, information about how you use our services, and information from third-party sources, such as social networks and third-party analytics providers. We use this information to provide you with services, understand the way you use our services so we can improve and personalize your experience, and develop the most relevant apps, technologies, and content for our customers. We also use personal information to provide customized advertising tailored to your interests.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with affiliate companies of Samsung Electronics, as well as with companies that provide services on behalf of Samsung Electronics. We may also share your personal information with trusted partner companies, such as mobile service providers or insurance companies, that provide you with products and services that you request and information about products and services you may be interested in. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies when it’s required by law or to protect Samsung Electronics and its users.
- 1. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- 2. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
- 3. WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
- 4. HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
- 5. WHERE DO WE SEND YOUR DATA?
- 6. WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
- 7. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
- 8. WHAT THIRD-PARTY SERVICES DO WE USE?
- 9. COOKIES, BEACONS, AND SIMILAR TECHNOLOGIES
- 10. CONTACT US
Effective Date: November 1, 2019
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Samsung Electronics collects your personal information in a variety of ways.
Information You Provide Directly
Some Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- When you create an account or profile with us, we may ask for information such as your name, email address and date of birth (which can be used to confirm that you are of legal age in your jurisdiction).
- If you order a product or paid service from us, we may ask for your name, address, contact information, and shipping and payment information to process your order.
- To provide responses when you contact Customer Service, we may need information to verify your identify and the product you’re inquiring about.
- When you communicate with our Customer Service staff or others, your communications will be transmitted through our systems.
- If you share your contacts, we’ll collect their phone numbers and other contact information to facilitate file sharing and messaging. You can turn off or restrict these features in Settings on your devices.
Information About Your Use of Services
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect information about your use of our Services through software on your devices and by other means. We will collect:
- Device information: Your hardware model, device hardware information, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, phone number, serial number, sales code, access recording, current software version, MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), MAC address, IP address, cookies, pixels, subscription information, operating system versions, and settings of the devices you use to access Services.
- Log information: Diagnostic, technical, error, and usage information such as the time and duration of your use of Services, search query terms when you enter search terms into your device in connection with a particular Samsung Service, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your devices.
- Location information: Your device’s GPS signal or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and base stations that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services and enable the Location function.
- Voice information: Recordings of your voice that we make and store on our servers when you enable this function and use voice commands to control a Service, or when you contact our Customer Service team. Note that if we work with a third-party service provider that provides speech-to-text conversion services on our behalf, this provider may receive and store certain voice commands in accordance with the contract concluded between us and our trusted third-party service provider.
- Samsung Keyboard information: The words that you type when you enable Predictive text. This feature may be offered in connection with your Samsung account to synchronize the data for use on your other Samsung mobile devices. You can clear the data by going to the Predictive text settings.
- Viewing Information: The networks, channels, websites visited, and programs viewed on your devices and the amount of time spent viewing them.
- Other information about your use of Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Service.
Publicly or Commercially Available or Shared Information
Where permitted by law, we sometimes gather publicly or commercially available information, including information from social networks you use, and combine this with other information about you so that we can better understand your needs, interests, and preferences. We also sometimes gather information about you when other people provide it using our Services, such as your name and contact information when others send a message to you or share files with you.
Other Information We Collect
We may also collect other information about you, your devices, or your use of Services that you consent to send us.
Through certain Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected devices over time and across third-party websites, devices, apps, and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the Services and improve the Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services, help administer the Services, and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, such as information requested as part of registering a Samsung account. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use some Services. We’ll do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision. For example, Samsung Cloud allows you to back up your information and create a restore point; however, Samsung Cloud was not designed nor intended to store or process sensitive information.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To help you or your device register for our Services
- To provide a Service or feature you request
- To provide customized content and personalized services based on your past activities on our Services and your location
- To provide customized advertising, promotions, and offers that might interest you on our websites, third-party websites, and online platforms such as social media sites with your separate consent if required
- To provide promotions and offers by way of direct marketing communications including push notifications, only where you have given us your separate consent, turned this feature on or as permitted by law.
- To analyze our products and services to help us better understand our customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, services, and experiences to you
- To ask you for your opinions on our products and services and to carry out customer surveys, with your separate consent if required
- To provide software updates, maintenance services, and support for your devices
- To comply with the law and legal processes
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung Electronics, or any of our affiliates, business partners, or customers.
- As otherwise permitted by law.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our Services, devices, or other sources to provide you with a better experience. For example, you can use your Samsung account details not only on the Service you registered with, but other Services which use Samsung accounts. We also use the information you provide directly or through other sources as described above to provide content you may like or that you’ve personalized.
You have choices about your information. Check out the WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS? section to learn more.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
We will share your information internally within our business to facilitate our business operations, to provide the Services and to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities:
- Affiliates: Other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own.
- Business Partners: Partners who we work together with to provide you with the Services you’ve requested or bought. For example, we may work with a bank so that you can use one of our Services to make faster and more efficient payments. These business partners control and manage your personal information.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centres, customer care activities, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other Parties when Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
- Otherwise where permitted or required by applicable law.
HOW DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION SECURE?
We take data protection seriously. We’ve put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
WHERE DO WE SEND YOUR DATA?
Your use of our Services will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information within and outside of your country of residence, consistent with this policy. In particular, your personal information will be transferred to the Republic of Korea. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country. Moreover, while your information is outside of your country of residence, it may be available to courts and governmental authorities under lawful orders and laws applicable there.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS?
You have rights with respect to your personal information. Depending on the laws applicable in your country of residence, you may have the right to ask us to provide access to your personal information that we have collected, to delete it, to correct any inaccuracies, to restrict or limit processing, sharing, or transfer of your personal information, or to provide to you your personal information that we’ve collected so you can use it for your own purposes.
You can also withdraw consent for the use of your data at any time. However, withdrawing consent, requesting the deletion of your personal information or asking us to restrict or limit processing, sharing or transfer of your personal information may also result in a loss of access to Services we provide. We won’t delete data that we’re required or permitted by law to retain.
To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us. See the CONTACT US section.
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR INFORMATION?
We won’t keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purposes for which it was collected or as otherwise permitted or required by law. This means that information will be destroyed, anonymized or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
- At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with the Services or to respond to your inquiries
- As required under law, a contract, or regulatory guidance or obligations
- As necessary for our business purposes, including for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
WHAT THIRD-PARTY SERVICES DO WE USE?
For some apps and services, including social networks, we receive and store sign-in information, as well as other information that you allow us to receive when you connect with these apps and services to our Services.
INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISING SERVICES
If you use a Samsung mobile device, please consult the Samsung Mobile Ads Privacy Notice, the most current version of which is available at https://www.samsung.com/ca/info/privacy/samsungmobileads.
You can contact us to update your preferences, access or correct your personal information, submit a request, or ask us questions.
The easiest way is through the Contact Us section of https://www.samsung.com.
You can also contact us at:
Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd.
129, Samsung-ro, Yeongtong-gu,
Suwon-si, Gyeonggi-do 16677, Republic of Korea
The Smart TV is designed to enable you to easily find and access video programming and other content. For example, you may access information about live television programs distributed to you by your cable or satellite operator and on-demand video content offerings distributed by third-party content providers through searchable guides displayed on your Smart TV. In the case of live television programs, we determine what content is available to you based in part on your postal code. In addition, the Smart TV helps you find and experience other Smart TV content more relevant to you by highlighting programming and content that is likely to interest you or providing additional services that will enhance your viewing experience. We base these recommendations and additional services on:
- Information about content that you have watched, purchased, downloaded, or streamed through Samsung applications on your Smart TV or other devices (About the TV viewing information please see “Viewing Information Services” section below);
- Information about applications you have accessed through the Smart TV;
- Information about your clicks on the “Like,” “Dislike,” “Watch Now,” and other buttons on your Smart TV;
- The query terms you enter into Smart TV search features, including when you search for particular video content;
- Other Smart TV usage and device information, including, but not limited to, IP address, log data, information that identifies your hardware or software configuration, browser information, and the page(s) you request.
Viewing Information Services
In order to provide you with customized Smart TV experiences, some of our features and services will rely on your TV viewing history and Smart TV usage information. Your TV viewing history includes information about the networks, channels, websites visited, and programs viewed on your Smart TV and the amount of time spent viewing them. We may use automatic content recognition (ACR) and other technologies to capture this information. Your Smart TV transfers video snippets or TV tuner information in order to determine the programs watched. You may change your privacy choice at any time by going to the settings menu to disable the particular feature or service at your sole discretion, in which case your TV viewing history will cease to be collected for that particular feature or service.
Interest-Based Advertisement Service
The Interest-Based Advertisement Service (the “IBA Services”) is designed to provide the ability to obtain and view useful, interactive, and interest-based advertisements about products and services offered by Samsung and third parties on your Samsung Smart TV or across various Samsung and third-party platforms or devices, including linear commercials on the web, mobile devices, and tablets.
For more detailed information about the IBA Service, please refer to the IBA Service Privacy Notice at the bottom of this Supplement.
Your Smart TV viewing history and usage information collected for the purposes of providing interest-based advertisements will be linked to a randomized, non-persistent, and resettable device identifier called the Personalized Service ID or “PSID.” You may reset your PSID at any time by visiting the Settings menu on your Smart TV and, once reset, your Smart TV viewing history and Smart TV usage information with respect to interest-based advertisements will be de-linked from its previous PSID. Bear in mind that if you reset your PSID, the quality of customized and interest-based advertisements may not be fine-tuned.
You can control your Smart TV and use many of its features with voice commands.
If you enable Voice Recognition, you can interact with your Smart TV using your voice. To provide the Voice
Recognition feature, your voice commands will be transmitted (along with information about your device,
including device identifiers) to us and we will convert your voice commands into text to provide the Voice
Recognition features. In addition, Samsung may collect voice commands and associated texts so that we can
evaluate and improve the features. Samsung will collect your voice commands when you make a specific request
to the Smart TV by clicking the activation button either on the remote control or on your screen or by
speaking a wake word (e.g. “Hi, Bixby”) and speaking into the microphone on the remote control or Smart TV.
If you do not enable Voice Recognition, you will not be able to use the voice recognition features.
You may disable Voice Recognition data collection at any time by visiting the Settings menu. However, this would prevent you from using the Voice Recognition features.
For more detailed information about the Voice Recognition, please refer to the Voice Recognition Privacy Notice at the bottom of this Supplement.
Please note that when you watch a video or access applications or content provided by a third party, that provider may collect or receive information about your Smart TV (e.g. its IP address and device identifiers), the requested transaction (e.g. your request to buy or rent the video), and your use of the application or service. Samsung is not responsible for these providers’ privacy or security practices. You should exercise caution and review the privacy statements applicable to the third-party websites and services you use.
Please note that one or more of the features described in this Smart TV Supplement may not be available to you depending on where you live.
VOICE RECOGNITION SERVICE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: April 30, 2019:
Samsung Electronics and its affiliated companies respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect through the Voice Recognition service (the “Voice Service”).
The Voice Service is a service that provides capabilities for users to find and watch content and manage their world across the Samsung products using only their voice. Its features include the natural language processing in content search and their Samsung Smart TV control; Internet, weather, and other services users have come to expect from their Samsung Smart TVs.
Depending on the language you select, you may use and enjoy the enhanced voice recognition feature, Bixby. When Bixby is activated you may acknowledge it by the icons, banners, or other marks on your Samsung Smart TV screen.
In this Privacy Notice, we describe the types of information collected through the Voice Service, how we may use the information, and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. Samsung is the data controller for the processing of personal information.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
Through the Voice Service, we may obtain information about you in various ways. The types of personal information we obtain include:
- Samsung Account Information (Optional). When you log in to Samsung account on your Smart TV, we may collect information associated with your Samsung account used to access the Voice Service, such as your name, email address, and Samsung account ID.
- The Voice Service Interactions. We may collect information you exchange with the Voice Service through your interactions with the Services, including recordings of your voice commands (such as your questions, requests, and instructions), your pictures, and other inputs, and the information you receive from the Services (such as responses, answers, and content). We also may obtain other information related to your use of the Voice Service, including the information (such as information related to the apps you use, the websites you visit, and pictures, music, calendar entries, bookmarks, and content and data from other Samsung and third-party apps, websites, and services) we receive from Samsung and third-party apps and services that are accessed or used by the Voice Service to provide you with the Services (such as music streaming and weather).
- Geolocation Data. We may receive your device’s geolocation and other information related to your location through postal code information stored on the TV which can be obtained through your IP address or through your input.
- Device and App Information. We may collect information through automated means about your Voice Service-enabled devices, such as device models, OS versions, device configurations and settings, IP addresses, and device identifiers and other unique identifiers. In addition, we may obtain information about how, when, and for how long you use your Voice Service-enabled devices, including your usage of the Voice Service and Samsung and third-party apps and services on the devices (such as a list of apps on your devices, music played on your devices, the websites you visit, and the searches you make).
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use the information we obtain through the Voice Service:
- to provide you with the Services, such as to respond to your requests, questions, and instructions made through the Voice Service;
- to identify and authenticate you so you may use the Voice Service;
- to improve and customize your experience with the Voice Service, such as delivering content and responses tailored to our users and the manner in which they interact with the Voice Service;
- with your separate consent when required by law, to communicate with you about our products and services, and provide you with notifications, content, alerts, offers, promotions, marketing information, communications, and advertisements;
- to respond to your requests and inquiries;
- to operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our products and services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, customer base, and services; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing, and other internal functions);
- to allow you to interact with and use certain third-party apps and services;
- to protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities;
Through the Voice Service, we may collect personal information about your online activities on Voice Service-enabled devices over time and across third-party apps, websites, and other online services. We may use third-party analytics services on our Services. The providers that administer these analytics services help us analyze your use of the Services and improve the Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services, help provide the Services, and diagnose technical issues.
If you do not provide us with personal information for processing as described above, we will not be able to provide you all of the features available through the Voice Service.
You may disable the Voice Service at any time by visiting the Settings menu, however this may prevent you from using the Voice Service.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to the Services or changes in the applicable law. We will post a notice on our website and/or your device to notify you of any significant changes to our Privacy Notice and indicate at the top of the notice when it was most recently updated.
INTEREST-BASED ADVERTISEMENTS SERVICE PRIVACY NOTICE
Effective Date: July 1, 2019
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd. and its affiliates (“Samsung” or “we”) respect your concerns about privacy. This Privacy Notice applies to the personal information we collect, use, disclose, transfer and store in the course of providing the Interest-Based Advertisement Service (the “IBA Service”).
PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING CAREFULLY. BY ACCEPTING THE TERMS OF THIS NOTICE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT ADVERTISEMENTS RELATED TO YOUR INTERESTS MAY BE SHARED WITH OTHER MEMBERS OF YOUR HOUSEHOLD, BOTH ON THIS SAMSUNG SMART TV AND ON OTHER DEVICES WHEN THOSE DEVICES ARE ASSOCIATED WITH YOUR HOUSEHOLD.
In this Privacy Notice, we describe The IBA Service, the types of information used to provide the IBA Service, how we use the information, with whom we share the information, and the choices available to you regarding our use of the information. We also describe the measures we take to safeguard your personal information and tell you how to contact us about our privacy practices or exercise your rights.
None of the information we collect through the IBA Service directly identifies you. For example, we do not collect your name, email address or telephone number. However, some of the information collected, used and disclosed in the course of providing the IBA Service may be considered “personal information” as that term is defined and interpreted under applicable law.
By accepting the terms of this Privacy Notice, you consent to the collection, use, and disclosure of your personal information in the manner described and for the purposes set forth in this Privacy Notice.
Please note that you have access to some third party platforms and applications on your Samsung Smart TV and that these platforms and applications may provide interest-based advertisements. Third party platforms and applications have their own data practices and policies governing the collection, use and disclosure of personal information. Samsung does not control and is not responsible for such practices. Please ensure that you review the privacy policies of all third party platforms and applications that you choose to access to ensure that you understand how they collect, use and disclose your personal information.
Please also note that we provide such third parties with access to a privacy-focused advertising identifier associated with your Samsung Smart TV called TIFA. TIFA is a randomized version of your device's PSID (explained below), and this randomization ensures that such third parties do not know that it is your specific device to which the advertisements are being sent. Please visit www.samsungtifa.com if you would like to learn more about the use of TIFA for interest-based advertisements offered by third parties.
WHAT IS THE IBA SERVICE?
With your consent, obtained upon your signing up for the IBA Service, we will endeavour to provide you with useful, interactive, and interest-based advertisements about products and services offered by Samsung and third parties (such as Samsung advertising partners).
HOW DOES THE IBA SERVICE WORK?
The IBA Service provides advertisements based on your interests by collecting and analyzing information related to your use of your Samsung Smart TV, including information gathered from the Viewing Information Services option if you have enabled it, and combining that information with data from other sources.
WHERE ARE THE ADVERTISEMENTS PROVIDED BY THE IBA SERVICE DISPLAYED?
IBA Service advertisements are displayed on your Samsung Smart TV, across various Samsung and third-party platforms, and other advertising-capable devices associated with your Samsung Smart TV (collectively, “Associated Devices”), including websites, streaming video platforms, mobile apps, smartphones, tablets, and other advertising-capable devices.
WILL OTHER INDIVIDUALS SEE THESE ADVERTISEMENTS?
Although we use a variety of techniques to assist us in displaying interest-based advertisements on your Samsung Smart TV and Associated Devices during your use of such devices, these advertisements may also be displayed to other individuals who use your Samsung Smart TV or Associated Devices. This may be because they are participating in your use of the relevant device, such as where you and others are using your Samsung Smart TV, or because those Associated Devices are detected as being associated with your Samsung Smart TV and the IBA Service has concluded that you may be using such Associated Devices.
HOW DOES SAMSUNG COLLECT, USE AND DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION NEEDED TO PROVIDE THE IBA SERVICE?
Information is collected from your Samsung Smart TV
If you have enabled both Viewing Information Services and the IBA Service on your Samsung Smart TV, the IBA Service will collect information about your TV viewing history (“Samsung Smart TV Viewing History”) based on general interest categories (including information about the networks, channels, websites visited and programs viewed on your Samsung Smart TV and the amount of time spent viewing them) and Samsung Smart TV usage information (such as how long and often you use the apps on your Smart TV).
The IBA Service will also collect your Samsung Smart TV’s IP address and its PSID. The PSID is a unique randomly generated number that identifies your Samsung Smart TV, and that you may reset at any time as we explain further in the section “Your Choices”, below.
Information collected from your Samsung Smart TV is received and analyzed by Samsung Ads
The core technology of the IBA Service is maintained by Samsung Ads (“Samsung Ads”), a business unit comprised of wholly owned subsidiaries of Samsung Electronics Corporation, including AdGear Technologies Inc. (“AdGear”), a wholly-owned Samsung affiliate. In order to provide the IBA Service, Samsung Ads receives, stores and processes the information collected through your Samsung Smart TV. By analyzing the data received over time, Samsung Ads’s system learns about what interests you and is able to recommend advertisements that respond to those interests.
Information received from third party data sources is combined with Samsung Smart TV data
With your consent, provided through your acceptance of this Privacy Notice and where permitted by law, in order to refine its understanding of your interests Samsung Ads receives, stores and processes generalized geolocation data based on your IP address (“Geo-IP”), as well as behavioural and demographic data, from third party data sources with whom you have agreed to share your information. Samsung Ads combines this information with the information collected from your Samsung Smart TV, and uses this information to provide advertisements that may be of interest to you.
Samsung Ads also uses this data to learn whether there are Associated Devices related to your Samsung TV.
Samsung Ads receives information from advertising service providers with whom you have agreed to
share your information , and responds with additional information
Through Samsung Ads, the IBA Service is connected to several service providers that manage advertising space made available on websites, in apps, and in streamed audio and video content. Samsung Ads matches requests to fill advertising space that it receives from these service providers with its database of Samsung Smart TVs and Associated Devices, and with the interests that Samsung Ads has associated with such devices. When Samsung Ads finds a suitable match, it sends the service provider a response containing an advertisement than can then be sent onward to the webpage, app, or content being displayed on the applicable device. For additional information, please see the sections below entitled “Information We Obtain and Use” and “Information We Disclose”.
Samsung Ads receives information from viewability and verification services, and discloses summary
reports of that information to advertisers
At the request of its advertising partners, Samsung Ads may work with one or more third party service providers to verify that the advertisement was displayed. For each advertising campaign, Samsung Ads provides an anonymized statistical report summarizing such data to the applicable advertising partner.
INFORMATION WE OBTAIN AND USE
Below, we list the information we may obtain and use in the course of providing the IBA Service, and the sources of such information:
From your Samsung Smart TV
- Device information, such as your device model, operating system version, IP address, PSID, device configurations and settings, and other device identifiers;
- Device usage and log information about how, when and for how long you use your Samsung Smart TV or devices connected to your Samsung Smart TV, including your interactions with the IBA Service and Samsung and third-party apps and services;
- Samsung Smart TV Viewing History, including information about the networks, channels, websites visited, and programs viewed on your Samsung Smart TV and the amount of time spent viewing them. We obtain this information only if you have enabled Viewing Information Services on your Samsung Smart TV.
From third party service providers with whom you have agreed to share your information (as and where permitted by law)
- Behavioral and Demographic Information about you or your devices, such as your generalized location, potential interests, and estimated age range;
- Information sent from the device requesting an advertisement, including IP Address, Geo-IP data, IFA (Advertising ID), referrer URL, and the URL of page or name of app where ad is to be shown;
- Information indicating the viewability of the ads served through the IBA Service.
We also may collect other information about you, your devices and apps in ways that we describe to you at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent as permitted by applicable law.
INFORMATION WE DISCLOSE
In the course of providing the IBA Service, we disclose the URL for the advertisement and the URL for the advertiser’s website (the user will be directed to the URL if the user clicks on the advertisement) to third party advertising service providers, content providers and Associated Devices.
OTHER WAYS WE USE THE INFORMATION WE OBTAIN
In addition to providing you with the IBA Service on your Smart TV and across Associated Devices associated with your Samsung Smart TV, we may use the information we obtain through the IBA Service to:
- improve and customize your experience with the IBA Service;
- with your separate consent, to communicate with you via email and push notification about products and services offered by Samsung and third parties that are tailored to your interests;
- respond to your requests and enquiries;
- operate, evaluate, and improve our business (including developing new products; enhancing and improving our products and the services; managing our communications; analyzing our products, customer base and services; conducting market research; performing data analytics; and performing accounting, auditing and other internal functions);
- protect against, identify, and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims, and other liabilities; and
Information that is collected through the IBA Service, including information collected from your Samsung Smart TV and Associated Devices, may be disclosed to Samsung affiliates in North America, Korea and other jurisdictions in order to provide the IBA Service or for one or more of the other purposes listed above.
We also may use the information detailed in the section “Information We Obtain and Use” in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Samsung, our subsidiaries and affiliates, and our third-party service providers may also disclose information about you (1) if we are required to do so by law or legal process (such as a court order or subpoena); (2) in response to requests by government agencies, such as law enforcement authorities; (3) to establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights; (4) when we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to prevent physical or other harm; (5) in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; (6) in the event we sell or transfer all or a portion of our business or assets (including in the event of a merger, acquisition, reorganization, dissolution or liquidation); or (7) otherwise with your consent.
THIRD PARTIES WE RECEIVE INFORMATION FROM AND SHARE INFORMATION WITH
RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Subject to the requirements of applicable law and criteria such as applicable rules on statute of limitations, personal information will be retained only for so long as reasonably necessary for the purposes set out in this Privacy Notice, and for at least the duration of your use of the IBA Service.
You can opt out of receiving interest-based ads from the IBA Service, and from third party platforms and applications, on your Samsung Smart TV at any time through your Smart TV settings menu, at Menu > Support > Terms & Policy or Menu > Smart Hub > Terms & Policy.
The IBA Service provides ads using unique, randomized, non-persistent, and resettable device identifiers, known as “PSID” on Samsung Smart TVs and “Advertising ID” on Samsung mobile devices. You can reset your PSID by selecting “Reset PSID” on the settings menu of your Samsung Smart TV. Resetting your PSID also automatically resets your TIFA. If you reset the PSID on your Samsung Smart TV, any data collected and associated with your previous PSID or TIFA will no longer be used to deliver interest-based ads to you. Please note that if you reset your PSID, it may take some time for our systems to update your information due to technical reasons. Please also note that resetting your PSID will not stop the delivery of interest-based ads to you. To opt out of receiving interest-based ads on your Samsung Smart TV, please adjust the settings on your device, as described above. For information about how you may exercise choice over the interest-based ads we may serve to you on your other Samsung mobile devices, please visit https://www.samsung.com/ca/info/privacy/.
If you opt out of the IBA Service, the IBA Service and third party platforms and applications will no longer deliver interest-based ads on your Samsung Smart TV. Please note, however, that opting out of the IBA Service may not prevent the delivery of generic advertisements to your Smart TV.
HOW WE PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
We maintain reasonable administrative, technical, and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we obtain through the IBA Service against accidental, unlawful or unauthorized destruction, interference, loss, alteration, access, disclosure, or use.
UPDATES TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
This Privacy Notice may be updated periodically to reflect changes in our personal information practices with respect to the IBA Service, or changes in applicable law. We will indicate at the top of this Privacy Notice when it was most recently updated and notify you and/or obtain consent when required by law.
Samsung printing and copier products are now part of the HP product family. Please refer to the HP Privacy Statement at the following link: http://www.hp.com/go/privacy.
PRIVACY REQUESTS AND ENQUIRIES
We are pleased to answer your questions or help with requests related to Samsung Canada's privacy practices, as set out at https://www.samsung.com/ca/info/privacy/.To help us best serve you, please choose the applicable option from the drop-down menu and follow the instructions.
Get stock alert
Get alert when this item is back in stock and available to buy, by adding your email to opt into alerts.
Please double check your email address.
We will email you when inventory is added