Samsung eMMC Memory
Advanced, managed NAND flash memory for mobile applications
See for yourself why leading manufacturers utilize Samsung eMMC memory for a smooth pathway to elegant and advanced mobile designs with a short time to market. Samsung eMMC offerings deliver highly intelligent, managed NAND flash that helps simplify boot and mass storage designs for the latest in consumer electronics, including tablets, smartphones, GPS systems, eReaders, and other mobile computing devices.
Based on the latest JEDEC eMMC specification, Samsung eMMC memory is produced in extremely compact sizes - typically smaller than a postage stamp - freeing up space for other components. Standardized packaging and device specifications plus intelligent firmware ease design work and provide a common footprint for the use of embedded and removable NAND. We offer a single footprint combining boot, embedded storage, and external mass storage in one device.
Speed time to market and minimize costs
Samsung eMMC memory is designed to offer benefits including:
- Reduced design, development, and testing time for your product by isolating the host from changes in NAND memory technology and bypassing the Flash Translation Layer (FTL)
- Faster overall time to market through simplified system design and integration of both single-level cell (SLC)-type and multi-level cell (MLC)-type NAND memory. This approach makes Samsung eMMC memory an excellent choice for deployment across any segment, including low-cost legacy chipsets.
- Operation at standard voltage levels, with no need to develop or use separate firmware for the eMMC controller
- Industry-standard eMMC 4.41 and 4.5 interface, which turns memory accesses into simple read/write operations with advanced security and reliability features.
Enhance storage capabilities for diverse applications
Samsung eMMC memory comprises high-density MLC NAND and an MMC controller in a BGA package. It supports x1, x4, or x8 bus widths and interface voltages of 1.8V or 3.3V. Densities range from 4GB to 64GB. Key application areas that can leverage the advantages of Samsung eMMC memory include:
- Advanced mobile devices and handsets, which can use eMMC memory to expand computing power and content storage supporting high-definition video playback and other high-end multimedia features, as well as to provide booting functionality
- Enhanced storage solutions for mobile devices such as smartphones and tablet PCs, which use eMMC to provide high-density solid state memory that can be easily integrated into system designs
- Traditional storage media such as hard disk drives,which can be replaced by solid-state drives (SSDs) as a result of the high storage capacity of eMMC - enabling increased storage densities, reduced costs, and low power consumption.
eMMC memory chip specifications at a glance
|Density||Controller||Part Number||PKG||PKG Dimension||MMC Version||Class||MP|
|4GB||VFX_U||KLM4G1HE3F-B00x||153-ball BGA||11.5mm x 13mm||eMMC4.41||Class50||Now|
|8GB||VFX_U||KLM8G2FE3B-B00x||153-ball BGA||11.5mm x 13mm||eMMC4.41||Class100||Now|
|16GB||VHX||KLMAG2GE4A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC4.41||Class400||Now|
|32GB||VHX||KLMBG4GE4A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC4.41||Class400||Now|
|64GB||VHX||KLMCG8GE4A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC4.41||Class400||Now|
|16GB||VHX2||KLMAG2GE2A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC 4.5||Class1500||Now|
|32GB||VHX2||KLMBG4GE2A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC 4.5||Class1500||Now|
|64GB||VHX2||KLMCG8GE2A-A00x||169-ball BGA||12mm x 16mm||eMMC 4.5||Class1500||Now|
* MP = mass production
Simplify mass storage designs
In the past, a product using NAND memory would require any changes in the chipset, the operating system (OS), or the NAND memory itself to be made in the FTL. This in turn required the changes to be tested at the NAND level, which leads to significant delays for product-level testing. In contrast, Samsung eMMC memory lets you move forward directly from product concept to product testing.
Samsung eMMC memory enables you to proceed from product concept directly to product testing.
Stay competitive with the eMMC standard
Today, memory densities are advancing at rapid rates. To maintain the required data rates and throughput for high-density chips, the eMMC standard was developed to enhance storage capabilities, minimize controller footprint, and streamline data reads and writes. Whether your goal is to reduce the cost of application development or simply to work more efficiently, advanced Samsung technology is designed to help you stay competitive by building better and faster.