When you use your personal mobile device for work, security is critical. In Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung KNOX provides container management and policies compliant with the U.S. Department of Defense (DOD) mobile OS security requirements guide (SRG). Offering SRG-compliant, robust security, Samsung KNOX protects your mobile device at the operating system level through a three-pronged approach:
Customisable Secure Boot (CSB)* is the first line of defense, ensuring that only verified operating systems and software load during the start-up process.
TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture (TIMA) protects, monitors and verifies the integrity states of the kernel with policy driven actions in response to kernel or boot loader violations.
Security Enhancements for Android (SE for Android) is an NSA-developed security technology integrated in Android to isolate applications and data in different domains based on confidentiality.
In Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung KNOX provides a security-rich solution for individual applications
In addition to securing the platform, Samsung KNOX provides solutions to protect individual applications. Samsung KNOX Container is an isolated, secure environment within the mobile device. Applications and data inside the container are securely separated from personal components outside the container. On-Device Encryption (ODE) encrypts the files system using an Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) cipher algorithm with a 256-bit key (AES-256). Virtual Private Network (VPN) is a FIPS-certified, optimised network connection to the enterprise intranet. It also enables IT managers to configure provision and manage the use of VPN per application basis. IT staff can support strong IPSec VPN encryption and Suite B cryptography to comply with the strictest industry requirements.
Mobile Device Management (MDM) policies within Samsung KNOX provide advanced enterprise-ready security to Samsung Galaxy S4
Mobile Device Management (MDM) enables IT professionals to monitor, control and administer deployed mobile devices across multiple mobile service providers. Samsung Galaxy S4 works with enterprise-preferred MDM vendor solutions and provides industry-leading security and management controls. Advanced MDM APIs allow the default SE for Android policies to be replaced with stricter or more detailed enterprise-specific policies. Samsung KNOX builds on Samsung’s industry-leading SAFE® MDM capabilities by providing more than 474 additional IT policies and 1,034 MDM APIs. These IT policies support security, enterprise integration and enterprise applications, such as asset tracking, remote control and so on.
Samsung Galaxy S4 can be activated with the KNOX container, a dual persona for work and play
Samsung KNOX Container places your work applications and data in a separate area, so you can use one mobile device for both work and personal tasks. It’s almost like having two phones in one. Separated personal and business modes are supported by the superior functioning of Samsung Galaxy S4. You get a smooth experience no matter which applications you use. The container helps ensure security of business data without compromising the privacy of your personal information. A separate “business use only” area helps you manage enterprise applications and comply with company security policies.
Optimised views pamper your eyes for work or personal tasks
Give your eyes a rest and let Samsung Galaxy S4 adjust your view for business documents, movies and everything in between. Samsung Adapt Display updates colours and brightness according to the surroundings and usage, such as changing the background colour of an e-book, to improve readability. See your favourite videos, games, books and emails displayed with amazing colour quality. With seven automatic and four manual modes, Adapt Display provides the optimal viewing experience. * Supported features include e-book, UI, Camera, Gallery, Video, Web and VT Call.
Air View provides the ability to quickly view data with a mere glance
With Air View, you can quickly preview the status of key information without having to open up the entire application. Air View makes it easier to enlarge content and photos, preview emails and speed dial, with your finger barely hovering over the screen. * Supported features include Information Preview, Progress Preview, Speed dial Preview and Webpage magnifier.
Samsung Galaxy S4 includes a built-in S Translator that operates through use of highlighted words, texting and even voice command. With S Translator, you can say or text what you need translated into your Samsung Galaxy S4, and it will read or text back the translation. Samsung Galaxy S4 is a handy companion during business trips, allowing you to easily communicate with locals and make sure nothing gets past you. * S Translator translates English, German, French, Chinese, Spanish, Italian, Japanese and Korean.
With Sound & Shot, photos you take on Samsung Galaxy S4 can include sound. You can remember what was said, played, heard and seen during a meeting. Capture the entire moment vividly by recording a voice memo when you snap the photo. Sound & Shot features an auto function and a manual function. The auto function records for up to 9 seconds before you take picture. The manual function records for up to 9 seconds after you take picture.
Group Play enables paperless communication for improved productivity
Use Group Play* to collaborate with colleagues by wirelessly connecting multiple Samsung Galaxy S4 phones to share files and documents. A group of Samsung Galaxy S4 phones together create a powerful system that enhances your business performance. You can have paperless meetings and readily share meeting documents and notes with your team for increased productivity and efficiency. * Maximum of 11 devices. Group Play uses Wi-Fi Direct only.
Network/Bearer and Wireless Connectivity
- Infra GSM 3G | HSPA+
- 2G EDGE / GPRS (850 / 900 / 1,800 / 1,900MHz)
- 3G HSPA+ (850 / 900 / 1,900 / 2,100MHz)
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Profiles Bluetooth v4.0 (PBAP, DI, A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP, OPP, SAP, HID, PAN, MAP)
- NFC Yes
- Connectivity Support DLNA, MHL 2
- PC Sync. KIES
- technology FHD sAMOED
- Colour Depth 16M
- Size 5.0"
- Resolution 1920 x 1080
- CPU Type Octa
- CPU Speed 1.6GHz Quad + 1.2GHz Quad
- 16 / 32 / 64GB
- Camera Resolution(Rear) CMOS, 13MP
- Camera Resolution(Front) CMOS, 2MP
- Flash Power LED (1EA)
- Auto Focus Yes
- Accelerometer, Geomagnetic, Gyro, RGB light, Barometer, Proximity, Gesture, Temperature & Humidity, Hall
- Dimension (HxWxD) 136.6 x 69.8 x 7.9mm
- weight 130g
- White Frost / Black Mist
- USB USB 2.0
- Earjack 3.5mm
- External Memory Slot MicroSD Slot (up to 64GB)
- SIM Support Micro SIM (3FF)
- Connector Micro USB (5V, 2A)
- MHL Yes
- Capacity 2,600mAh
- USB Chargeable Yes
- AGPS, GLONASS
Services and Applications
- Samsung Apps Yes
- Music Hub No
- Readers Hub Yes
- Game Hub Yes
- ChatON, mFluent IM ChatON
- ActiveSync Yes
Audio and Video
- Video Format MPEG4, H.263, H.264, DivX, DivX3.11, VC-1, VP8, WMV7 / 8, Sorenson Spark, HEVC
- Video Resolution Full HD (1080p) Video Playback
- Video Frame rate 30fps
- Audio Format MP3, AAC, AAC+, eAAC+, AMR-NB / WB, OGG, FLAC, AC-3, apt-X (Bluetooth)
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy S4 (GT-I9500ZWAXSG)
2015.05.04User Manual(Lollipop) ver 1.0
2015.05.04User Manual(Lollipop) ver 1.0
2015.02.03Safety Guide ver 1.0
(ENGLISH, FRENCH(M.E.Asia), ARABIC, CHINESE, CHINESE, PERSIAN, INDONESIAN, SPANISH, THAI, TURKISH, URDU, VIETNAMESE)
2014.05.15User Manual(Kitkat) ver 1.0
2014.05.15User Manual(Kitkat) ver 1.0
2013.04.26User Manual ver 1.0
2013.04.19User Manual ver 1.0
2013.04.17User Manual ver 1.0
2013.04.15User Manual ver 1.0
2017.11.20SAMSUNG Kies,PC Sync ver 220.127.116.1113.3
2017.11.14Uninstall program,USB Driver ver v18.104.22.168
2016.11.18SAMSUNG Kies,PC Sync ver 3.2.16084_2
2015.10.01SAMSUNG Kies (Mac),PC Sync ver 22.214.171.12494_7