A captivating view, a comfortable feel
The Samsung Galaxy A8 brings websites, videos and documents to life on its bright and bold, fully immersive 5.6" Full HD+ Super AMOLED Display. The large screen, contoured casing and enhanced grip make the A8 easy and comfortable to use in the office or on the move - keeping staff productive throughout the day.
A professional business image
Showcase your business in the best possible light with the Samsung Galaxy A8's precise and professional 16MP rear camera and 16MP + 8MP dual front camera. Stay productive whether you're sharing the moments that matter on social media, refreshing your website or using the camera to capture diagnostics, barcodes or QR codes. The A8's camera takes clear and detailed pictures day and night, even in low light, so you can use the camera whenever you choose.
Your very own personal assistant
Bixby Vision uses the A8 camera to translate foreign documents, making it perfect for trips abroad and business events.
Bixby Home gives you easy access to customised content and your most useful apps in one convenient place.
Bixby Reminder lets you set location or time-based alarms for tasks and occasions, as well as sending missed call alerts, follow-up report notifications and upcoming meeting reminders.
Unbeatable business security
Samsung Knox 2.9* is defence-grade mobile security that empowers businesses. It's built in to the Galaxy A8 at multiple levels, protecting data around the clock from cyber-attacks. With Knox, you can be confident that employees can store work and personal files on their device without compromising security. And with fingerprint scanning and facial recognition, you have extra peace of mind that if you lose your phone data can still be protected.
*Knox refers to the free-of-charge built-in Knox security platform and the accompanying optional paid Knox solutions.
Mobile management made easy
With Samsung Knox Configure and E-FOTA* (Enterprise Firmware Over-The-Air), IT teams can remotely update employee phones with the latest security, configuration settings and firmware updates. This is great for productivity, letting staff go about their business with minimal disruptions and downtime.
*Service availability may vary by country. Knox Configure and E-FOTA are optional paid services.
Security that's unique to you
Forget hard-to-remember PINs and passwords. You can use your fingerprint to quickly and conveniently unlock your Galaxy A8. And because your fingerprint is unique to you, this method makes it ever harder for anyone else to access your data. Your fingerprint can also be used with Samsung Pass*, which lets you access corporate accounts and applications with a simple press instead of a complicated password.
*Samsung Pass SDK allows you to use fingerprint recognition features in your enterprise in-house apps. Availability of Samsung Pass may vary by country.
Fast face recognition
Face recognition* on the Galaxy A8 is a fast and practical way for field workers to access their phone. It frees workers from the frustration of having to remove their gloves to type in PINs and passwords by enabling them to unlock the phone with one hand, even in wet conditions.
*Face recognition is less secure than pattern, PIN, or password authentication.
Balance work and personal life with ease. Samsung Galaxy A8 features the Dual Messenger*, that lets users set up two separate accounts on a single device with their preferred messenger app. Talk to co-workers and clients, or catch uup with friends and family without wasting time logging in and out.
*Messenger apps supported by the Dual Messenger may vary by country and region.
The Galaxy A8's Always On Display (AOD) gives you information at a glance. With AOD, you can check the time in different countries, view your calendar and see what the weather's doing without having to wake or unlock your phone.
Carry on working whatever the weather
Whether you're working outdoors in the rain, in dusty indoor environments* or just getting caught in a downpour on your way to a client meeting, the Galaxy A8 is designed to keep you productive in challenging conditions.
*IP68 water resistant up to 1.5 metres for up to 30 minutes. Rinse in fresh water afterwards.
Fast and flexible 4G performance
With the Galaxy A8, you don't need to be connected to a Wi-Fi network to get work done. You can work fast and flexibly in and out the office thanks to reliable 4G performance and 4GB of RAM - helping you make quick work of data-intensive programmes and applications.
Take the office with you, wherever you go
You can add an extra 512GB worth of storage space to your Galaxy A8 via the MicroSD* card, giving you enough space to carry all your files and documents with you wherever you go. Access files straight from your phone without leaving your sofa, or add the finishing touches to your work at the weekend - it's up to you. Plus, with Dual SIM support, you can keep all your work and personal contacts together on one phone, without having to keep swapping SIMs over.
*Micro SD card sold separately. External memory can be used to store media (photos, video and music files), but not applications.
- CPU Speed 2.2GHz, 1.6GHz
- CPU Type Octa-Core
- Size (Main_Display) 142.0mm (5.6" full rectangle) / 140.2mm (5.5" rounded corners)
- Resolution (Main Display) 2220 x 1080 (FHD+)
- Technology (Main Display) Super AMOLED
- Color Depth (Main Display) 16M
- Rear Camera - Resolution 16.0 MP
- Rear Camera - F Number F1.7
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Rear Camera - OIS No
- Front Camera - Resolution 16.0 MP + 8.0 MP
- Front Camera - F Number F1.9 , F1.9
- Front Camera - Auto Focus No
- Front Camera - OIS No
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Front Camera - Flash No
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30fps
- RAM_Size (GB) 4
- ROM Size (GB) 32 GB
- Available Memory (GB)* 22.7 GB
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 512GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B12(700), B13(700), B17(700), B18(800), B19(800), B20(800), B26(850), B28(700), B66(AWS-3)
- 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300), B41(2500)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Interface USB Type-C
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac 2.4G+5GHz, VHT80
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v5.0 (LE up to 2 Mbps)
- NFC Yes
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Form Factor Touchscreen Bar
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, RGB Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 149.2 x 70.6 x 8.4
- Weight (g) 172
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 12
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 14
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 15
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 17
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 3000
- Removable No
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 43
- Audio Playback Time (Hours, Always On Display Off) Up to 64
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 19
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution UHD 4K (3840 x 2160)@30fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
Services and Applications
- Gear Support Gear Circle (Manager Support), Gear Fit, Gear Fit2, Gear Fit2 Pro, Gear Sport, Gear1, Gear2, Gear2 Neo, Gear S, Gear S2, Gear S3, Gear IconX, Gear VR with Controller, Gear 360 (2017)
- S-Voice Yes
- Mobile TV No
Memory size - User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the phones features.
Actual user memory will vary depending on the mobile phone operator and may change after software upgrades are performed.
Display Size : Measured diagonally, the screen size is 5.6" in the full rectangle and 5.5" with accounting for the rounded corners (A8)
Wi-Fi : Wi-Fi connection (mode) and speed may vary depending on the usage environment
Network: The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Dimension : Size and weight may vary by the device's configuration and manufacturing process
* Battery time is based on our own laboratory measurements, and may vary depending on factors such as device settings, usage patterns and operating conditions
Galaxy A8 (SM-A530FZDABTU)
2019.04.24User Manual(Pie) ver 1.0
2019.04.24Safety Guide ver 1.8.7
(ENGLISH, ALBANIAN, BULGARIAN, CROATIAN, CZECH, DANISH, DUTCH, ESTONIAN, FINNISH, FRENCH, GERMAN, GREEK, HUNGARIAN, ITALIAN, KAZAKH, LATVIAN, LITHUANIAN, MACEDONIAN, NORWEGIAN, POLISH, PORTUGUESE, ROMANIAN, RUSSIAN, SERBIAN, SLOVAK, SLOVENIAN, SPANISH, SWEDISH, UKRAINIAN, UZBEK)
2018.07.09User Manual(Oreo) ver 1.0
2018.01.12User Manual(Nougat) ver 1.0