Galaxy A Purchase & Win
Join our #A2017LiveUnplanned Instagram Contest now!
Terms and Conditions
The SAMSUNG Galaxy A Live Unplanned Contest (“Contest”) will run from 10th March 2017 (UTC+06:00) to 4th May 2017 (UTC+23:59) (Malaysian time) (“Contest Period”). Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn. Bhd. (hereinafter referred to as “Samsung” or “Organiser”) shall reserve the right to shorten or extend the Contest Period at its sole discretion without any prior notice.
This Contest is open to all Malaysian and non-Malaysian in Malaysia, aged 18 years and above, except the employees (and their immediate families) of the Organiser, their affiliates and/or related companies, distributors, retailers, advertising and Contest agencies.
How to Participate
1. Purchase Samsung Galaxy A 2017 from any participating Samsung authorized dealers (including mass merchants, telco outlets and online) in Malaysia during the Contest Period and retain the original receipt as proof of purchase.
2. Switch on your newly purchased Samsung Galaxy A 2017 to set up your Samsung account. Post a photo or video with YOLO (You Only Live Once) element on Instagram with hashtag #A2017LiveUnplanned and/or #myGalaxyA2017 and/or tag @samsungmobilemy and share your YOLO (You Only Live Once) experience. You are also required to provide a brief caption describing the photo or video submitted (“Entry”)
3. Shortlisted participants will receive a message on Instagram for their contact details. (Note that participants whose Instagram account is not set to “Public” in settings will be disqualified. Request for contact details is not verification acknowledgement of proof of purchase by Organiser)
4. Retain the original receipt, duly signed by the dealer’s company stamp with matching receipt date, dealer name and address as proof of purchase. Only if you are shortlisted, will you be required to provide the proof of purchase to Organiser.
5 . Participants are required to provide correct and consistent personal information as requested for the Organiser’s proper verification process, failing which, the Organiser has the right to disqualify, withdraw or cancel the participation without any liability. Receipt of confirmation notification is not verification acknowledgement by the Organiser.
Proof of Purchase
6. Proof of purchase Criteria
i. Participant must provide a softcopy receipt of the Samsung Galaxy A2017, with product IMEI number clearly stated and duly signed with official dealer’s company stamp (company name & address).
ii. Participant must provide a screenshot/picture of IMEI from the product box;
iii. IMEI number of both receipt and product must be of the same number.
iv. Scanned copy of the participant’s Identification Card (and passport for non-Malaysians). Name stated in the receipt must tally with the name in the IC/ passport provided. Otherwise, participant shall be required to sign an undertaking letter for the Organiser’s consideration.
7. All prizes will be fulfilled by the following designated travel agency:
Mayflower Holidays Sdn Bhd (843960-T)
Address: Menara Mayflower, No. 1, Jalan Metro Pudu, Fraser Business Park Off Jalan Yew, 55100 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
Tel: 03-9232 1888
Fax: 03-9232 1883
8. a) The prizes will be divided into two (2) – Grand prize and Consolation prize. Grand prizes will be oversea travel voucher for 4 pax. Consolation prizes will be local travel voucher for 4 pax. Travel voucher includes flight tickets & hotel accommodation from selected airlines and hotels only. Other expenses such as sustenance, expenditure, food and beverages are not included in the travel voucher. Other terms and conditions set by the travel agency apply. Winners are required to comply with such terms and conditions.
b) For Period 1, 2 and 3, 6 prizes will be given out as per below.
c) For Period 4, 7 prizes will be given out as per below.
d) In case of any dispute on the selection of winner(s) and/or the Prize, the Organiser reserves the right to make the final decision. All Prizes are redeemed on an “as is” basis and are not exchangeable for credit, other items or voucher in part or in full.
e) The Organiser is entitled to change the destination of the Prize without prior notice.
f) Winners are bound by existing terms and conditions set by the travel agency, Mayflower Holidays Sdn Bhd for the Prize redemption at the time of redemption. All travel activities must be redeemed and completed by winners by 12 midnight of 31st December 2017.
Selection Process & Prizes
9. Selection and announcement of winners shall be as follows:
10. In each period list, participants will be labeled with running number. Twenty (20) finalists (6 winners and 14 backups) will be selected per week. The first 6 eligible participants with highest marks will be the winners. Out of the 6 winners, the highest marks participant will be the winner for Grand prize while the remaining 5 will be winners for Consolation prize. For P4, 7 eligible participants with highest marks will be the winners. If no participant is selected as winner of the week, the prizes will be snowballed to the following week.
11. All submission will be judged by selected panel judges.
12. Judging criteria will based photo or video creativity (30%), caption creativity (30%) and YOLO element (30%). Participants ranking will be listed based on their score. Judges’ decision will be final.
13. In the event of an equal rating, the particular submissions will be re-judged to determine the winner.
14. Each bi-weekly list will not be brought forward to the next week. It will be refreshed each day with a cut off time of 12pm, midnight.
15. The eligible shortlisted entries will be contacted via Instagram message. In the event the shortlisted participant does not revert with contact details and complete proof of purchase via email within the given timeline, the Organiser reserves the right to select the next qualified participant. The Organiser will not be held liable in the event the eligible participant cannot be contacted for whatever reasons and is not obliged to provide documentary proof of attempt to contact the participant.
16. In the event that a Participant is not contactable after TWO (2) attempts, the organiser reserves the right to disqualify the Participant’s eligibility and the next qualified Participant will be selected.
17. The shortlisted participants will be required to submit the following documents and proof of purchase within four (4) working days from the date of notification:
a) a copy of identity card (IC, front and back);
b) a copy of purchase receipt of the Samsung Galaxy A 2017 complete with IMEI number, date of purchase and dealer’s official company stamp (for manual receipt, both the dealer’s official company stamp and signature are required complete with the necessary details as listed above);
c) a photo of IMEI number;
d) Instagram photo screenshot.
Failure to submit the abovementioned documents and proof of purchase within the stipulated time period and/or inconsistencies in the Participant’s personal details or IMEI numbers or incomplete receipt or mismatched purchase date will result in automatic disqualification. Such documents and proof of purchase submitted are subject to further verification by Organiser.
18. Name stated in the purchase receipt must be consistent with the name in the IC provided. Otherwise, the shortlisted participant shall be requested to provide an authorization and undertaking letter from the actual purchaser of the Samsung Galaxy A 2017 to the Organiser for the Organiser’s further consideration submit as proof of acknowledgment from the purchaser.
19. Each winner is entitled to win only one (1) Prize throughout the whole the Contest Period. Winners’ announcement will be made on the Samsung official website and Samsung Mobile Malaysia Facebook page. Travel agency will contact the winners directly for travel arrangement.
20. Winner shall assume full responsibility in case of any accident, damage or claim resulting from participation of this Contest and/or usage and/or redemption of their Prize.
21. Arrangement of schedule, flight tickets, hotel accommodation and others related to the use of travel voucher are strictly between the winner and the designated travel agency only. The Organiser shall not be involved in any part of arrangement dealings and shall not be responsible for any loss, costs, damages howsoever incurred arising out of or in connection to the use and redemption of the Prize.
22. The Organiser reserves the right to substitute the Prize with another of similar value without prior notice. All prizes are not transferable, non-refundable and non-exchangeable for cash.
By entering the Contest, you are communicating with and/or its third party service providers or agencies electronically. By doing so, you agree to receive communications from Samsung electronically. and/or its third party service provider or agencies will communicate with you by electronic mail at the electronic mail address provided by you or posting notices on Instagram, Facebook or any other website that may be generally designated in advance for such purpose. You consent to receiving electronically all agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that Samsung and/or its third party service providers or agencies provide to you.
Each participant represents and warrants that:
i. his/her Entry is original and has not been previously published, he/she possesses the exclusive rights to each Entry submitted hereunder has the full and unrestricted right to transfer the same to Samsung free and clear of any claims or encumbrances, and that the Entry shall not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity or other rights or interest of any third party or result in any other liability; and
ii. his/her Entry does not contain anything that may be deemed by to be inaccurate, misleading, pornographic, offensive, libellous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, sexually explicit, hateful, political, racist, religious, blasphemous, harassing or threatening or otherwise illegal, offensive or objectionable. Each participant shall not submit or publish an Entry(ies) that solicits funds or includes programs that contain viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs or any other programmes designed to impair the operation and functionality of the Contest site or sites linked to the Contest site. reserves the right to moderate the Entries also reserves the right to remove and disqualify any Entry in breach of these Terms and Conditions and to report such violations to the authorities if deemed necessary.
23. Each participant agrees that to the extent permitted by law, Samsung shall be at liberty to publish, promote, copy, reproduce, transmit, display (including and without limitation on Instagram, edit, adapt, modify, create derivative works of and/or otherwise distribute or use his/her particulars (including any publicly available Instagram or Facebook profile photo and details) and/or the Entries (or any part thereof, including to add branding at its sole discretion):
i. in connection with this Contest and/or Samsung products;
ii. for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products;
iii. in any manner, format or media whether now known or hereinafter created, and in any part of the world, including without limitation on online platforms such as Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Instagram;
iv. at Samsung's sole direction; and
v. royalty-free and without any obligation of attribution or consent. For the avoidance of doubt, Samsung expressly reserves the right to adapt, edit and/or modify each Entry to include any logo, branding, name, mark, product image in respect of any Entry or such derivative work thereof, for any promotional or marketing purposes of Samsung branding and/or products. Each participant agrees to take part in any and all marketing, promotional, publicity exercises with respect to the Contest; agrees for Samsung to use his/her name, voice, photograph, likeness or other personal identifiable information in any media for the promotion and publicity of this Contest and/or Samsung products; and grants to Samsung all consents and waivers necessary hereunder, including in respect of any promotional photographs and/or audio/ video recordings taken in respect of the Contest.
24. Each participants consents and agrees that his/her Entry may be made available by Samsung for viewing and commenting on by the public, and that comments or ratings that he/she disagrees with or is unhappy about may be published or otherwise become associated with Entry.
25. As a condition of the Contest, where required by Samsung, the winners shall enter into a separate agreement in writing setting out all other applicable terms and conditions, including any confidentiality obligations and intellectual property ownership rights.
26. Samsung reserves the right to disqualify any participant suspected of fraud, or if Samsung believes that participant's entry and/or results have been manipulated in any way by machines or computers or a result of corrupt practices, both direct or indirect.
27. Winner shall assume full responsibility in case of any accident, damage or claim resulting from participation of this Contest and/or usage and/or redemption of their Prize.
28. Arrangement of schedule, flight tickets, hotel accommodation and others related to the use of travel voucher are strictly between the winner and the designated travel agency only. The Organiser shall not be involved in any part of arrangement dealings and shall not be responsible for any loss, costs, damages howsoever incurred arising out of or in connection to the use and redemption of the Prize.
29. All transportation, accommodation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses that are incurred to redeem and in using the Prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
30. By participating in the Contest , each Participant agrees to release and hold the Organiser and its employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, representatives, parent companies affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, advertising, Contest , and fulfilment agencies, and legal advisors, harmless from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, redemption, possession, use or misuse of the Prize, or travel to or from related to Prize redemption activity, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy or failure to redeem/use the Prize within the time stipulated herein.
31. If the shortlisted Participants fail to cooperate during the selection period (during/after Contest Period) and/or have taken too long (more than four (4) working days from date of request) to respond, the shortlisted Participants will be immediately disqualified from participation.
32. The Organizer reserves the rights to request for further details and proof to support the winnings. The arrangement of the Prize will be done at the end of the Contest Period.
Rights of the Organiser
33. Acceptance of Prize constitutes permission to the Organiser and its third party service providers or agencies to use the winners’ names and/or photographs for purposes of publicity, advertising and/or trade without further compensation or notice to the extent permitted by law.
34. The Organiser and the companies involved in this Instagram Contest shall not be held liable in any way for delays, non-deliveries and/or interruptions of Instagram posting and these companies shall not be held responsible for any unauthorised use of the Instagram account in conjunction with this Contest.
35. The Organiser reserves the right to the Participant’s submission and participation in this Contest without any liability in the event that the Organiser has reasonable suspicion that a selected Participant has violated any of these Terms and Conditions herein
36. To the extent permitted by law, the Organiser reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions including the Contest Period and Prize without prior notice. In case of any dispute, the Organiser reserves the right to make the final decision.
Terms of Participation
38. You agree that you are making use of the Instagram photo at your own risk, and that it is being provided to you on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis. The Organizer shall not be held responsible for any losses howsoever incurred due to your use of the Instagram photo or any interruptions or system errors thereof.
39. By entering, winners agree to grant the Organiser and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, directors, officers, agents, independent contractors and advertising/Contest agencies the use of his/her name, details and photos submitted through this Contest, without further compensation, unless prohibited by law.
42. In the event of inconsistencies between any communication or marketing materials with regard to this Contest and the Terms and Conditions stated herein, this Terms and Conditions herein shall prevail only to the extent to reconcile the inconsistencies.