Keep your attention on the work at hand, not the cost of replacement. The Galaxy Tab Active2 features a firm, non-slip grip even in extreme construction environments while its ruggedized, anti-shock back cover is designed to withstand accidental drops as it adheres to MIL-STD 810G standards.
*MIL-STD 810G is a standardized form of testing designed by the US Military to accurately assess device limitations. Testing methods include a drop test on a plywood impact surface over concrete from a height of 1.2 meters.
Reliable Water and Dust Resistance
Make protection a top priority. The Galaxy Tab Active2 and S Pen are both IP68 rated to shield against the harsh outdoor challenges that field engineers face and the rigorous pace of indoor office environments, including condensation, accidental spills, and damaging dust.
*Galaxy Tab Active2 and S Pen are rated IP68, meaning they are both protected against dust ingress and are water resistant. Water resistance rating is based on test conditions of submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
Replaceable Battery Power
Uninterrupted power to handle the pressure of deadlines. With its easily replaceable, long-lasting battery the Galaxy Tab Active2 delivers seamless usage when out-of-office sales meetings keep you on the move for long periods of time. And for added peace of mind, the battery is backward compatible with Galaxy Tab Active so you avoid the cost and hassle of having to upgrade.
Advanced S Pen Experience
The Galaxy Tab Active2 S Pen features accurate pen pressure data for e-Signature to ensure seamless digital sign off at any stage along the logistics supply chain, even in wet weather conditions. Air Command grants quick and easy access to useful applications when time is of utmost importance.
Convenient Biometric Authentication
Trusted security measures to facilitate organizational workflow management. Samsung’s Biometric Authentication includes Face Recognition to keep one hand free while unlocking your device and fingerprint scanning to guarantee advanced and convenient data protection.
Various Sensors for AR Experience
With added gyroscope and geomagnetic sensors to enhance user experience, the Galaxy Tab Active2 helps field engineers with site inspection or virtual training and managers with staff safety training by providing in-depth, interactive visual representation of the tasks at hand.
*The following images are for demonstration purposes only. Availability of service may vary by third-party solutions.
The Galaxy Tab Active2 features 3 GB RAM and a 1.6 GHz Octa-core processor powerful enough to speed up usage when performing multiple tasks such as real-time data management and on-board navigation. It can also handle AR applications to optimize productivity levels.
Enhanced Camera Functionality
Utilizing barcode reading, the Galaxy Tab Active2 with NFC sensor allows you to expedite tasks effectively whether you are in logistics supply chain or transportation industry. An improved 8 MP AF rear camera and a 5 MP front camera enable ID and passport scanning when completing identification checks.
*The following images are for demonstration purposes only. Availability of barcode reading may vary by third-party apps.
Improved Pogo Pin Compatibility
Its built-in POGO pin eliminates the need for pairing and provides convenient charging at docking stations without damaging your USB Type-C connectors. Thanks to its compatibility with Galaxy Tab Active you save on the need for costly replacement of accessories. You can also connect your keyboard with its new additional pins for data signals to replace your current oversized PC experience.
*Docking Stations and Keyboard are third-party accessories and are sold separately.
Defense-grade Mobile Security Solution
Reliable protection to steer day-to-day operations well away from incriminating intrusion. Samsung Knox 2.8 is a multi-layered, defense-grade mobile security platform that utilizes fingerprint recognition to safeguard your device at multiple levels and ensure sensitive client data avoid ending up in the wrong hands.
*Knox Container is optional. **TIMA stands for TrustZone-based Integrity Measurement Architecture. ***Knox 2.8 will be the version made available at the time of product launch.
Purpose-built Device Customization
Easy and cost-effective mobile solutions to manage your device for unique business needs. Knox Customization offers professional kiosk mode, UX optimization, device configuration, rebranded software that allows businesses to customize and deploy end-to-end mobile solutions.
*Knox Customization is an optional paid service. *The screen images are for demonstration purposes only.
- CPU Speed 1.6 GHz
- CPU Type Octa-Core
- Size (Main Display) 8.0" (203.1 mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 1280 x 800 (WXGA)
- Technology (Main Display) TFT
- Colour Depth (Main Display) 16 M
- S Pen Support Yes
- Rear Camera - Resolution 8 MP
- Rear Camera - Auto Focus Yes
- Front Camera - Resolution 5 MP
- Rear Camera - Flash Yes
- Video Recording Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30 fps
- RAM Size (GB) 3
- ROM Size (GB) 16
- Available Memory* (GB) 9.9
- External Memory Support MicroSD (Up to 256 GB)
- Number of SIM Single-SIM
- SIM size Nano-SIM (4FF)
- SIM Slot Type SIM 1 + MicroSD
- Infra 2G GSM, 3G WCDMA, 4G LTE FDD, 4G LTE TDD
- 2G GSM GSM850, GSM900, DCS1800, PCS1900
- 3G UMTS B1(2100), B2(1900), B4(AWS), B5(850), B8(900)
- 4G FDD LTE B1(2100), B2(1900), B3(1800), B4(AWS), B5(850), B7(2600), B8(900), B17(700), B20(800), B28(700)
- 4G TDD LTE B38(2600), B40(2300)
- ANT+ Yes
- USB Version USB 2.0
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass, Beidou
- Earjack 3.5 mm Stereo
- MHL No
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2.4+5 GHz
- Wi-Fi Direct Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.2
- NFC Yes
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, DI, HFP, HID, HOGP, HSP, MAP, OPP, PAN, PBAP
- PC Sync. Smart Switch (PC version)
- Android 7.1
- Form Factor Tablet
- Accelerometer, Fingerprint Sensor, Gyro Sensor, Geomagnetic Sensor, Hall Sensor, Proximity Sensor, RGB Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD, mm) 127.6 x 214.7 x 9.9
- Weight (g) 419
- Internet Usage Time(3G) (Hours) Up to 9
- Internet Usage Time(LTE) (Hours) Up to 11
- Internet Usage Time(Wi-Fi) (Hours) Up to 11
- Video Playback Time (Hours) Up to 11
- Standard Battery Capacity (mAh) 4,450
- Removable Yes
- Audio Playback Time (Hours) Up to 78
- Talk Time (3G WCDMA) (Hours) Up to 25
Audio and Video
- Video Playing Format MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF, AVI, FLV, MKV, WEBM
- Video Playing Resolution FHD (1920 x 1080) @30 fps
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA, DSF
Services and Applications
- S-Voice No
- Mobile TV No
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Galaxy Tab Active2 (8.0", LTE) (SM-T395NZKAXME)