At a glance
Stay connected every step of the way, without reaching for your phone,¹ with the smartwatch that’s engineered for mobile professionals. With the Gear S3 frontier, your organization gets enhanced data security, simple device management for entire fleets and the ability to customize apps for specific business needs. You get a stylish smartwatch built to last through the demands of work and life, from long battery life to withstanding any weather.³
* Easily manage entire fleets thanks to automatic app installation and activation.* Secured by Knox 2.0 for Tizen OS to protect sensitive business data.* Boost mobile productivity with a long-lasting battery, military-grade design and intuitive features.
Secured by Knox 2.0 for Tizen OS
Knox is Samsung's defense-grade mobile security platform, now compatible with the Tizen OS to deliver enhanced security for wearable technology. Protect sensitive business data accessed from your Samsung Gear smartwatch.
Stay Connected to Work and Life, Even Without Your Phone
The Gear S3 frontier is Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and LTE connected,² so you can receive important texts, emails and alerts without reaching for your phone. Just turn the distinctive steel bezel to easily access apps and notifications so you can instantly check updates, even with wet hands or gloves. And with a built-in speaker and microphone, you can also make and answer calls hands-free.
The military-grade Gear S3 frontier is built tough to keep up with business demands in harsh environments. MIL-STD tested and IP68 certified, it resists water, dust, extreme temperatures and the occasional drop so you can keep working in the field or on the go.³
Keep going for days on a single charge,⁴ perfect for long days and business travel. The long-lasting battery gives you the power you need to excel at everything and stay charged wherever business takes you with the wireless charger.
Improved Bezel UX
Customize Apps and Settings to Your Needs
The Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.0 allows for customized deployments of wearable technology for workplace use. Kiosk Mode lets you lock the Gear S3 frontier to a single app for specific use cases. Hardware Key Re-mapping lets you change functionality for business requirements, such as a long press of the Home button to open a specific app. And you can control turning settings on/off via the Settings Manager.
Comprehensive MDM Support
Tizen OS-based Gear S3 Frontier devices support MDM functionality, allowing IT admins easy control options over devices. Admins get more than 300 APIs, featuring Manage Apps, Manage Device, Manage Network and Enterprise Asset Protection – for improved B2B management functionality.
Stay on Track
When you're traveling for business, the built-in GPS tracks your activity and makes it easy to share your location with colleagues or customers.
Built for Work-Life Balance and Corporate Wellness
With the built-in S Health app, track your steps, monitor your heart rate and more.⁵ Set goals, post results and check leaderboards to see how you stack up. And using the Knox Tizen Wearable SDK 2.0, you can customize and integrate the Gear S3 frontier with your corporate wellness program.
Compatible With Android™
The Gear S3 frontier is compatible with most Android™ phones,6 so you can easily integrate work and life with the Samsung experience.
- SIM size Embedded-SIM
- Infra 3G WCDMA
- 3G UMTS B5 (850)
- ANT+ No
- Location Technology GPS, Glonass
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n 2.4 GHz
- NFC Yes
- Bluetooth Version Bluetooth v4.2
- Bluetooth Profiles A2DP, AVRCP, HFP, HSP
- Technology (Main Display) Super AMOLED
- Size (Main Display) 1.3" (32.9 mm)
- Resolution (Main Display) 360 x 360
- Colour Depth (Main Display) 16 M
- CPU Speed 1 GHz
- CPU Type Dual-Core
- RAM Size (GB) 0.75
- ROM Size (GB) 4
- Available Memory (GB)* 1.5
- Accelerometer, Barometer, Gyro Sensor, HR Sensor, Light Sensor
- Dimension (HxWxD) 49.0 x 46.0 x 12.9 mm
- Weight (g) 63
- Standard Battery Capacity 380 mAh
- Removable No
- Typical Usage Time 3 ~ 4 Days
Audio and Video
- Audio Playing Format MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB
Services and Applications
- S-Voice Yes
- Additional Features Messages, Phone, Contacts, S Health, Weather, Music Player, S Voice, Settings, Reminders, Alti / Barometer, Schedule, Alarm, World Clock, News Briefing, Gallery, Find My Phone, Email
* All specifications and descriptions provided herein may be different from the actual specifications and descriptions for the product. Samsung reserves the right to make changes to this web page and the product described herein, at anytime, without obligation on Samsung to provide notification of such change. All functionality, features, specifications, GUI and other product information provided in this web page including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation. The contents within the screen are simulated images and are for demonstration purposes only.
* User Available Memory : User memory is less than the total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features. Actual user memory will vary depending on the operator and may change after software upgrades are performed
* Network : The bandwidths supported by the device may vary depending on the region or service provider
Optional Samsung Gear S3 3G model available. Samsung Gear S3 (Bluetooth) is a companion device for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Full connectivity functionality requires Bluetooth pairing to a wireless network-connected phone.
2 Optional Samsung Gear S3 LTE model available. Samsung Gear S3 (Bluetooth) is a companion device for compatible Android smartphones, sold separately. Full connectivity functionality requires Bluetooth pairing to a wireless network-connected phone.
3 This device passed military specification (MIL-STD-810G) testing against a subset of 10 specific conditions, including drops from 4.9 feet, extreme temperatures, dust, shock/vibration, and low pressure/high altitude. Water- and dust-resistance based on IP68 rating (water-resistant in up to 5 feet of water for up to 30 minutes). Rinse residue/dry after wet. See user manual for more details.
4 Average expected performance based on typical use. Results may vary.
5 This device and related software are not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.
6 Compatible with select devices using Android 4.4 and later with at least 1.5GB RAM. Supported devices may vary by carrier and device. Some features may not be available. For best results, connect with compatible Samsung Galaxy devices. For a list of compatible smartphones, please visit http://www.samsung.com/nz/wearables/gear-s3-3g/