How to use and charge Galaxy S21 Series
The bold design of Galaxy S21 Series makes the best of the Galaxy even better, but there are a few factors that have changed from a user perspective. Let’s look at the correct usage of the Galaxy S21 series.
Installing the SIM or USIM card
How to install the SIM or USIM card correctly
Step 1. Insert the ejection pin into the hole on the tray to loosen the tray.
Step 2. Pull out the tray gently from the tray slot.
Step 3. Place the SIM or USIM card on the tray with the gold-colored contacts facing upwards and gently press the SIM or USIM card into the tray to secure it.
Step 4. Insert the tray back into the tray slot.
- Use only a nano-SIM card.
- If the card is not fixed firmly into the tray, the SIM card may leave or fall out of the tray.
- If you insert the tray into your device while the tray is wet, your device may be damaged. Always make sure the tray is dry.
Precaution on how to find the slot correctly when inserting a SIM card
The Microphone hole is close to tray’s hole, so you may misunderstand each position. Make ensure that the ejection pin is perpendicular to the tray’s hole, not Microphone’s hole.
Otherwise, the device may be damaged. Any damage and performance problems caused by misuse are not covered by the warranty.
① SIM card tray's hole ② Microphone hole
Note: To remove the SIM card tray, you must insert the ejection pin into the SIM card tray’s hole.
Charging the battery
S21 Battery charging tips and precautions
- It is recommended to use Samsung-approved battery, charger, and cable specifically designed for your device. Incompatible battery, charger, and cable can cause serious injuries or damage to your device.
- Connecting the charger improperly may cause serious damage to the device.
- Use only USB Type-C cable supplied with the device. The charger does not have a power switch, so you must unplug the charger from the electric socket when not in use to avoid wasting power. The charger should remain close to the electric socket and easily accessible while charging.
- Charging adapter is not included as in-box items.
- When using a charger, it is recommended to use an approved wired or wireless charger that guarantees the charging performance.
You can charge the battery more quickly using Fast charging or Super fast charging feature. To use this feature, the feature must be activated previously on device. For this,
Step 1. Go to Settings > Battery and device care.
Step 2. Tap Battery > More battery settings.
Step 3. Tap the Fast charging or Super fast charging switch to activate it.
Also, you need to use a battery charger that supports the Fast charging or Super fast charging.
- To use Fast charging feature, you must use the approved battery charger that supports Fast charging feature. For this, you can use a battery charger that supports AFC(Adaptive Fast Charging), USB PD(Power Delivery) 2.0, or QC(Quick Charge) 2.0. In case of Samsung chargers that support the Adaptive fast charging, 'Adaptive Fast Charging' text with the charging icon is marked and supports output power 15W.
- To use the Super fast charging feature, you must use the approved battery charger that supports Super fast charging feature. For this, you can use a battery charger that supports USB PD(Power Delivery) 3.0. If you connect the device with USB PD 2.0 charger, a battery is only charged by Fast charging. In case of Samsung chargers that support the Super fast charging, ‘Super Fast Charging’ text with the charging icon is marked and it supports output power 25W or 45W.
- While charging, you cannot activate or deactivate the Fast charging or Super fast charging feature.
- You cannot use the Fast charging feature or the Super fast charging feature when you charge the battery using a standard battery charger.
- It may not be compatible with third-party chargers.
- Device screenshots and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.