What should i do when the water temperature in the dispenser is not cool enough?
Cleaning the inside drum of a washing machine is one of the most important things to preserve your favorite clothes as well as the machine. Furthermore, this can help to avoid bacteria and keep healthy. To preserve the performance of the washing machine and remove any bacteria, clean the drum at least once a month.
Cleaning the drum with the provided function
ECO DRUM CLEAN and ECO DRUM CLEAN+ function is a self-cleaning cycle that removes mold or dirt that may accumulate inside the drum. This will keep the washing machine clean to prevent deterioration and to extend its service life. It is recommended that you perform this cycle regularly to clean the drum by removing bacteria from it.
Normally the Washing tub course (Eco Tub clean, Clean Tub course) is the same as the ECO DRUM CLEAN function.
- This cycle heats the water between 60 °C and 70 °C, and it also removes accumulated dirt from the rubber door gasket.
- The ECO DRUM CLEAN+ reminder blinks on the control panel once every 40 washes.
- It is advisable to perform ECO DRUM CLEAN+ regularly. If an alarm occurs, clean the debris filter as well.
- You can only use the Delay End function with the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle.
- During the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle, the water temperature is set to 70 °C. You cannot change the water temperature.
- Never use the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle when laundry is in the washing machine. This may result in damage to the laundry or a problem with the washing machine.
Step 1. Press the Power button to turn the power on.
Step 2. Turn the Cycle Selector to select the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle.
Step 3. Press the Start/Pause button to start the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle.
- The actual design of the control panel may differ from the model.
- This image is just a sample in English but is available in the language of your country.
You can clean the drum without a cleaning agent when you use the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle.
If you want to use a cleaning agent with this cycle for better results, please follow the instructions below exactly.
There are two types of drum cleaning agents: powder and liquid cleaning agents. Make sure to use a recommended cleaning agent to clean the drum.
- To use a liquid cleaning agent, place the liquid detergent guide into the main wash detergent compartment of the detergent drawer, and pour liquid cleaning agent into the main wash compartment.
- Since using a cleaning agent that contains chlorine bleach may discolor the product, be sure to use only cleaning agents that contain oxygen bleach.
- We recommend that you use only 10% of the amount of drum cleaning agent recommended by the cleaning agent manufacturer.
Note: Never use a common laundry detergent with the Eco Drum Clean cycle.
- After a wash, if you notice that the drum needs to be cleaned, the ECO DRUM CLEAN alarm screen will appear for 60 minutes. In this case, remove the laundry from the washing machine and clean the drum by running the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle.
- If you do not run the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle, the ECO DRUM CLEAN alarm screen will continue to appear for 5 more washes.
- If you do not run the ECO DRUM CLEAN cycle after 6 washes, the ECO DRUM CLEAN alarm screen will not appear anymore.
- Note that this does not indicate that there is a problem with the washing machine.
- Although the ECO DRUM CLEAN auto alarm function usually operates once a month, the frequency may differ depending on how often the washing machine is used.
Cleaning the door and door seal regularly
The drum washing machine should check the rubber packing installed along the edge of the entrance. This is because there are many cases where mold is formed due to the accumulation of water in the rubber packing. After cleaning the rubber packing with a soft brush and kitchen towel, the inside of the washing machine door should be opened until the water is dry.
Use a soft cloth with a nonabrasive household detergent. Do not spray water onto the washing machine.
- Open the washer door and remove any clothing or items from the washer.
- Inspect the gray colored seal between the door opening and the basket for stained areas.
- Pull back the seal to inspect all the areas under the seal and to check for foreign objects.
- Wipe the seal area with a soft brush, kitchen towel, or damp cloth.
- If you need to clean it with detergent, please mix liquid chlorine bleach and warm tap water.
- Wipe the seal area with the diluted solution using a damp cloth.
- After cleaning the seal area, wipe down the area thoroughly with a dry cloth and leave it to dry.
- Wear rubber gloves when cleaning for prolonged periods and refer to the bleach manufacturer’s instructions for proper use.
- The door seal may be deformed if you use chlorine bleach or other cleaners to clean the door.