The SSD to trust
Get industry-leading reliability with the 860 PRO. Powered by the latest V-NAND technology and a robust algorithm-based controller, it readily handles heavy workloads of high-end PCs, workstations and NAS (Network Attached Systems) to give lasting assurance to gamers, IT and creative professionals.
Speeds are more consistent and sustained, even with heavy workloads and multiple tasks. The 860 PRO performs at sequential write speeds up to 530 MB/s with the best combination of the latest V-NAND and a refined controller, delivering sequential read speeds up to 560 MB/s.
* Performance may vary based on SSD’s firmware version and system hardware & configuration. Sequential performance measurements based on CrystalDiskMark v.5.0.2 and IOmeter 1.1.0. * Test system configuration: Intel Core i5-3550 CPU @ 3.3 GHz, DDR3 1333 MHz 4 GB, OS – Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Chipset: ASUS P8H77-V
Under heavy workloads, endurance is everything. Safely store and render 4K videos and 3D data used by the latest applications, up to 8x higher TBW* than the previous 850 PRO. The latest V-NAND technology gives you industry-leading endurance backed by a 5-year or up to 4,800 TBW limited warranty.
* Terabyte Written* Warrantied TBW for 860 PRO: 300 TBW for 256 GB model, 600 TBW for 512 GB model, 1,200 TBW for 1 TB model, 2,400 TBW for 2 TB model and 4,800 TBW for 4 TB model.* 5-years or TBW, whichever comes first. For more information on the warranty, please find the enclosed warranty statement in the package.
Benefit from faster, more fluid communication with your host system. The refined ECC* algorithm and a new MJX controller generate higher speeds, and the improved queued trim enhances Linux compatibility. Our advanced engineering makes the 860 PRO more compatible with your computing system.
* Error Correction Code
Samsung Magician software is designed to help you manage your SSD with a simple and intuitive user interface.
Get notifications when new firmware is released, and easily install updates for enhanced performance, stability, and compatibility.
Check your SSD†s sequential and random read/write speeds, so you can maintain superb performance.
Protect data by selecting security options. The 860 PRO supports AES 256-bit hardware-based encryption and is compliant with TCG Opal and IEEE 1667.
- Application Client PCs
- Capacity 4,096 GB (1 GB=1 Billion byte by IDEMA) * Actual usable capacity may be less (due to formatting, partitioning, operating system, applications or otherwise)
- Form Factor 2.5 inch
- Interface SATA 6 Gb/s Interface, compatible with SATA 3 Gb/s & SATA 1.5 Gb/s interface
- Dimension (WxHxD) 100 X 69.85 X 6.8 (mm)
- Weight Max 62.0g Weight
- NAND Type Samsung V-NAND 2bit MLC
- Controller Samsung MJX Controller
- Cache Memory Samsung 4 GB Low Power DDR4 SDRAM
- TRIM Support TRIM Supported
- S.M.A.R.T Support S.M.A.R.T Supported
- GC (Garbage Collection) Auto Garbage Collection Algorithm
- Encryption Support AES 256-bit Encryption (Class 0)TCG/Opal IEEE1667 (Encrypted drive)
- WWN Support World Wide Name supported
- Device Sleep Mode Support Yes
- Sequential Read Up to 560 MB/s Sequential Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Sequential Write Up to 530 MB/s Sequential Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD32) Up to 100,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD32) Up to 90,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Read (4KB, QD1) Up to 11,000 IOPS Random Read * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Random Write (4KB, QD1) Up to 43,000 IOPS Random Write * Performance may vary based on system hardware & configuration
- Power Consumption *Average: 2.2 W*Maximum: 4.5 W (Burst mode)* Actual power consumption may vary depending on system hardware & configuration
- Reliability (MTBF) 1.5 Million Hours Reliability (MTBF)
- Operating Temperature 0 - 70 ℃ Operating Temperature
- Shock 1,500G & 0.5ms (Half sine)
- Management SW Magician Software for SSD management
- Not Available
- 5 Years Limited Warrantyor 4,800 TBW Limited Warranty
* Key feature may different from Key Spec
* Images shown here are for representational purpose only, actual may vary. All features, specifications and prices are subject to change without prior notice. Model availability may vary from location to location.
2019.03.12Data Migration Tool ver 3.1
2019.03.12Data Migration Tool User Manual ver 3.1
2019.03.12Magician Software ver 5.3
2019.03.12Magician Software User Manual ver 2.6
2019.03.12Magician Software Open Source Announcement ver 2.1
2019.03.11Magician Software User Manual ver 2.6
2019.03.11Data Migration Tool User Manual ver 3.1
2018.12.05Magician Software ver 5.3
2018.05.25Data Migration Tool ver 3.1
2018.01.23Magician Software Open Source Announcement ver 2.1