Use Google Assistant on your 2020 Samsung TV
Google Assistant has taken up residence on a new device: your 2020 Samsung smart TV! Yes, you read that correctly. You can now talk to Google to quickly access entertainment, get answers on screen, control smart devices, and much more by using your voice. All you need to do is set up the feature and connect your TV with the Google Assistant app on your phone.
Compatible Samsung TVs
Check out the following list to see which TVs come with Google Assistant:
· 2020 8K and 4K QLED TVs
·2020 Crystal UHD TVs
·2020 Frame and Serif TVs
·2020 Sero and Terrace TVs
Set up Google Assistant
Whether you just got a brand-new 2020 Samsung TV or you've had it for a while, setting up Google Assistant is more or less the same. Once Google Assistant has been activated, you'll be able to control your TV with your voice!
1. If you haven't set up your TV yet, turn it on and follow the on-screen instructions to go through the initial setup. If your TV is already set up and you would rather set up Google Assistant at a later time, that's not a problem. Just navigate to Settings, and then select General. Select Voice, and then select Voice Assistant.
When prompted, select Google Assistant as your voice assistant.
Note: If you do not see Google Assistant as an available option, update your TV's software to the latest version.
1. If needed, continue setting up your TV. When you're ready, press and hold the Mic button on the remote. Setup prompts will appear on your TV screen.
2. Give Google permission to help you get things done with your voice.
3. Select Allow to let Google and Samsung share information with each other.
4. Next, you'll need to continue the setup on your smartphone. First, make sure your phone is on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
5. Open the Google Assistant app on your phone and say “Set up my Assistant device”. If you have an Android device, the Google Assistant app is pre-installed. For iOS, simply download it from the App Store.
6. Select your TV from the list of devices, and then tap Next.
7. Your TV should show a code that matches the one on your phone. Tap Yes on the phone to confirm.
8. Tap Allow to give your TV permission to access your phone.
Use Google Assistant
Talk to Google on your TV to find shows and movies, hear your daily schedule, and control your smart home devices. To use Google Assistant, simply press the Mic button on the remote and then state your command. You can also control compatible devices that you have connected to Google Assistant, like SmartThings devices.
Here are some examples of the commands that you can use with Google Assistant on your TV:
· "Find action movies"
· "Search for yoga videos on YouTube"
· "Show me my photos from Brazil"
· "How far away is the moon?"
· "What’s on my agenda today?"
· "What’s the weather like today?"
· "Dim the living room lights"
· "Set the thermostat to 72 degrees"
· "Add popcorn to my shopping list"
· "Where's the nearest post office?"
Note: You can ask Google to find and play media content. If the content app you're requesting is not currently integrated, you’ll be directed to a YouTube result page instead. Samsung continuously works to further improve this experience.
We would love to hear your opinion to help us improve. Please click submit for feedback.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.