Secured by Knox
Security. It’s in our DNA.
When something matters to you, you protect it at all costs. For Samsung, security is a central part of our process and who we are. We’ve spent years perfecting our Knox security platform to provide privacy you can trust in an uncertain world filled with looming threats and security breaches. Our mobile devices are designed with defense-grade security from the chip up, so your device is secured by Knox from the moment you first turn it on.
And as threats to security evolve, so will we. We’re constantly innovating to meet the challenges of the future head on. Because no matter what’s ahead, we will be ready to protect your digital world.
Safeguard your passwords with Samsung Pass
There’s only one you, and we made sure your devices know that. With our innovative biometric authentication technology, including Face Recognition and Ultrasonic Fingerprint, access to your data can be protected even if your device is lost or stolen.
With Samsung Pass, your individual features allow you to easily, quickly, and securely access important data — like your bank or email apps. No need to remember countless usernames and passwords.
- *Biometric authentication feature availability may vary by device.
- *The available functions, features, and compatible applications for Samsung Pass may vary by country due to differing regulatory and legal environments.
- *Web log-in is only available in the Samsung Internet app.
Keep personal data personal
with Secure Folder
Mobile devices have become our multi-purpose tools – our wallet, our phonebooks, our photo albums, our portable computers. For an extra layer of privacy, Secure Folder creates a separate encrypted space to store your data, meaning only you have access to the most private parts of your phone.
- *Availability of Secure Folder may vary by device.
Shield your health data
Your health data needs to be secure, too. The Samsung Health app allows you to track wellness metrics to help you manage your personal health, whether it’s diet, exercise, sleep, weight, or general lifestyle. Knox keeps that personal health data protected, because your health is your business and nobody else’s.
- *Samsung Health features may vary by device and country.
Keep track of your smartphone
Your smartphone is an essential part of your life, but you're only human. In case of loss or theft, the Find My Mobile service allows you to remotely locate your smartphone, backup data stored on the device to Samsung Cloud, lock the screen, and even block access to Samsung Pay. And if you need to, you can also delete all data stored on your device.
- *Availability of the Find My Mobile service may vary by device and/or OS.
- *To use the Find My Mobile service:
- 1) You must have set up your Samsung account on your device.
- 2) You allow Google to collect your location information and agree to the Use wireless networks terms and conditions.
Multi-layered security built to protect
Offering multi-layered security, Knox integrates hardware and software that works together to give you a high level of data protection, defending your most sensitive information from malware and malicious threats. Explore the four major components of our Knox security platform below.
- Chip-up manufacturing
- Samsung can design, create, and validate every computer chip, every piece of wiring, and every hardware component before using them to manufacture mobile devices in highly secure factories around the world. Control over design, manufacturing and assembly ensures a secure supply chain and an end product you can trust completely.
- Data encryption
- Knox platform encrypts your data so it is not exposed or vulnerable, even in the event of theft or loss. Your data remains encrypted while your device is powered off and won’t be decrypted unless you choose to unlock it.
- Data isolation
- We’ve designed our Samsung mobile devices with data isolation built into every component. It’s a double-lock for your sensitive data, meaning even if someone managed to get inside your phone, the only person who has real access is you.
- Run-time protection
- Run-time protection means your Samsung mobile device is always running in a safe state against data attacks or malware. Any unauthorized or unintended attempts to access or modify your phone’s core, the kernel, are blocked in real time, all of the time.
Trusted by government agencies and security experts globally
The Knox security platform is trusted by government organizations which demand high levels of security. Knox leads the mobile security industry with global government security certifications.
The Knox platform received “strong” ratings in 27 of 30 categories in Gartner’s May 2019 report, “Mobile OSs and Device Security: A Comparison of Platforms”
Samsung continually works with international regulatory bodies to meet a wide range of certification requirements designed to protect national interests, public safety, and consumer privacy.
Across Samsung mobile devices
Many Samsung phones, tablets, and wearables are made with the Samsung Knox platform built right into their architecture, safeguarding both Samsung consumer and business devices.
Our multi-layered security solution runs on both Android and Tizen operating systems, so each device is actively protected from the moment you turn it on.
Our priority is protecting what matters most.
That's why we will be expanding Knox technology into an ecosystem of security solutions beyond mobile devices, covering network connections like 5G and IoT end points and equipment.
We are also making our Knox security platform more intelligent so it can forecast future threats by learning from current device and network usage to produce automated configurators, incident reports, and thread remediation. Ultimately, our aim is to constantly evolve and stay one step ahead of the security risks, keeping your data secure in an ever-connected world.
Report vulnerabilities in our security platform and get rewarded.