Enjoy Air actions with enhanced S Pen of Galaxy Note20 | Note20 Ultra
S Pen of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra is coming much closer to the actual pen. Faster S Pen will provide you more precise and useful experiences in every moment. Enhanced S Pen provides 5 new Air action gestures that will match your movements. With a click or Air actions of S Pen, you can enjoy navigating a presentation, play, and pause videos or snap a photo.
S Pen with reduced latency
S Pen display latency has been improved for Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra, and therefore S Pen provides a precise and fast experience as if it were a real pen.
- Do not bend or apply excessive pressure with the S Pen while using it. The S Pen may be damaged, or the nib may be deformed.
- Do not hard press on the screen with the S Pen. The pen nib may be deformed.
- If there is a magnet near the device, some S Pen actions, such as charging or tapping the touchscreen, may not work.
- If water enters the S Pen slot, gently shake the device to remove the water from the slot before using it.
- If the S Pen is not working properly, take it to a Samsung Service Center.
5 new Air action gestures
Air action features control apps remotely by using the connected S Pen with your device via Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE). These Air actions will let you zoom in or out with the camera, change the volume, or flip through photos and more with a simple wave or click.
- To launch the camera app: Press and hold the S Pen button.
- To take a photo: While using the camera app, press the button of S Pen once.
- To turn the volume up and down while playing music: Lift up or lift down the S Pen while pressing and holding the S Pen button.
S Pen of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra has been re-engineered to match your movements, allowing you to control your phone via simple gestures. Previously, Galaxy Note10 series had 6 gestures (left/right, up/down, swing left/right) to control the device. S Pen of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra adds five more new gesture actions that work anywhere, regardless of which apps are running.
- Left and back: Browsing back
- Right and back: Go to Recents app
- Up and down: Go to Home
- Down and up: Smart select
You can use the S Pen to select an area and perform actions, such as sharing or saving. You can also select an area from a video and capture it as a GIF animation.
- Shake: Capture and Screen write
Capture screenshots to write or draw on them or crop an area from the captured image. You can also capture the current content and the hidden content on an elongated page, such as a webpage.
- The S pen must be charged before you can use the S pen Air actions feature.
- When you detach the S Pen from the slot, the S pen icon will appear on the status bar.
- If the S Pen is discharged of far from the device, or if there are obstacles or there is external interference between the S Pen and the device, the S Pen will be disconnected from the device and the icon will turn grey.
- To use the S Pen Air actions, feature again, connect the S Pen with the device by reinserting the S pen into the slot. The Air Action feature requires a distance of at least 10 cm from the screen.
How to detach the S Pen
You can easily disengage and reinsert S Pen. Press the end of the S Pen on the bottom of Galaxy Note20 and Note20 Ultra and pull
out from the slot. To store the S Pen, reinsert it into the slot and push it until it clicks into place.
How to charge the S Pen
When you insert the S Pen into the slot, charging will start automatically. If the Air action feature is deactivated, the S Pen will be charged only when the device is charging. Even if the S Pen has been fully discharged, you can use other S Pen features, such as tapping the touchscreen, or the Air command features.
Note: The S Pen must be charged before you can control apps remotely by using the S Pen button.
Note: Device screenshot and menu may vary depending on the device model and software version.