When the GPS is properly enabled on your mobile device, it will work inside a house or building, however, due to the potential obstacles that may block connection with satellites, it is not recommended to use this feature while you are indoors.
The GPS signal on your mobile device works best in areas where signals can be received. To communicate well with satellites, a direct open view of the sky is required. Please take note of the following cases where GPS signal can get lost.
- GPS signal settings are turned off.
- The devices' screen has been turned off.
- The mobile device is held in a manner that blocks the antenna. This case occurs especially for the Galaxy Z Flip when it is folded.
- The mobile device is in an area with tall buildings that block direct view of the sky.
- Obstructed view of satellites caused by an oncoming storm.
If you are located outdoors with a clear view of the sky, yet your mobile device is still unable to provide accurate location information, please check and change the permission settings of the apps that use a GPS signal, change the power mode of your mobile device and check if apps using GPS is placed under sleeping apps.