Keep your mobile up-to-date, safely and quickly
Upgrade to the latest software available for your phone, and enjoy enhancements like new features, extra speed, improved functionality, OS upgrade and fixed for any bug.
What is benefits of software upgrade?
Release the up-to-date software version continuously for:
1. Improvements of performance and stability.
2. Resolve the potential problems by fixing bugs and errors.
3. OS upgrade and new features experience.
How to check for the latest software version?
Option 1. OTA(over the air) without cable
Go to Settings > (More) > About device > Software update > update
Before upgrade by OTA,
- Recommend using a proper Wi-Fi network to avoid abnormal carrier data fee.
- Make sure to charge the battery (more than 50% capacity) and to have the enough device memory. (at least 1GB )
- Do not remove the battery during upgrade.
- Do not use the rooted device.
Option 2. Computer with a cable
Install the 'Kies' and run it after connecting your phone. Simply follow the instructions shown in the 'Kies' software upgrade menu.
Option 3. Visiting the shops
Samsung Experience Shops(SES) are supporting the Smart Service* with software upgrade.
Ask software upgrade service to Samsung experience Consultant at Samsung Experience Shop;
you can enjoy the Samsung device, its accessories and contents freely during the upgrade time.
* Smart Service may not be available in some shops under space condition.
- Q. I'm concerned about my personal data loss like contacts and photos after software upgrade.
- A. All user data is preserved after upgrade. However, we recommend you backup the data before upgrade.
- Q. When I use OTA software upgrade wirelessly, I found the packet data is necessary. Does it charge the fee?
- A. It's depend on the policy of your network provider. It's recommended to use the available Wi-Fi network.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
0800 545 545
Tanzania 0800 780089
Uganda 0800 300 300
DRC 499 999
Nigeria 0800 726 7864
Ghana 0800 100077
Ivory Coast 8000-0077
Cameroon 67095 0077
0860 726 7864
Zambia 0211 350 370 / 3434
Namibia 08 197 267 864
Angola 917 267 864
Mauritius 800 2550
Reunion 02625088 80
Zimbabwe 0808 0204
* For any printer related enquiries please visit the HP website .
Search the nearest Samsung Service Centres in your area