More ways to connect
Transfer, back up or restore whatever way fits you best. Make a device-to-device connection, or use a backup file from external storage.
Step 1 : Connect.
Use a wireless connection or USB cable to link your device to wherever your old data is stored.
Step 2 : Select.
In the app, choose which content, preferences and data you want to keep. Leave behind what you don't.
Step 3 : Transfer.
Start the transfer and let Smart Switch do the work for you. Your Galaxy will be ready to go in no time.
(1) If you do not have the USB connector, open Smart Switch Mobile in “Settings” on your new phone or download Smart Switch for PC/Mac. For a wired transfer, the device must be a Galaxy device with Android™ 4.3 or higher, iOS 5 or higher, BlackBerry® 7 OS or 10 OS or higher, or Windows Mobile OS8.1 or OS 10 or higher. Other devices are not supported for a wired transfer and owners of other devices must therefore use the Smart Switch wireless transfer option or download the Smart Switch PC program. If you do not have the USB cable from your old phone or the USB connector for a wired transfer to Galaxy, then you can use the wireless options.
(2) Transferrable type of data and available contents transferred from non-Android OS to Galaxy may varies by its OS. To find more information, Please Contact Samsung HELP
(3) In case of transferring data from iCloud or other cloud, data connection is required.
(4) To avoid disruption in text messaging when transferring from iOS, change your iMessage settings.
(5) Device and screen images simulated for illustrative purposes.