What should I do if water drips from the dispenser?
Sometimes water may drip from the dispenser because of a few reasons. In most cases, it is not a product malfunction. Please follow the instructions below. If you require more information, find a user manual or contact the Samsung service center.
When water drips from the dispenser
It's normal for the dispenser to drip for a few seconds immediately after dispensing water. Once the dispensing stops, leave the glass under the dispenser for approximately 3-5 seconds to catch the drips.
The most common reasons for water dripping from the dispenser are:
- Air is trapped in the water line when a water filter is replaced or the fridge has recently been installed.
- If use the water dispenser without installing a water filter.
Water dripping may happen when air is trapped in the water line after a water filter is replaced or the fridge has recently been installed.
Inspect the water lines and couplers
If the water line under the hinge cover is not connected properly when the doors are put back on, air can get into the water coupler. Make sure it is not bent at the coupler because this will allow air in and cause a drip.
To reach the water coupler, review the steps for removing and reinstalling the doors in your user manual.
Purge the air from the water line
If the water filter was recently replaced or your refrigerator was recently installed, dispensing water will help remove any trapped air and stop the water dispenser from leaking. Dispense water into a large pitcher until it automatically stops.
- If the water stream sputters while dispensing, empty the container when it stops and dispense again three more times if it sputters each time.
- If the stream is steady and the dripping stops, it is safe to assume that there is no more air in the water line.
- If the dripping continues, you need to check the water line and couplers.
- If you use the water dispenser (water line) without the installation of the water filter, foreign substances from your tap water may flow into the water pipe and cause defects.
- Please install the filter properly by referring to the user manual because it can be prevent leaking.
How to set up the dispenser of a side by side refrigerator
- The refrigerator designs shown in this video may differ depending on your region.
- The water line must be connected by a qualified technician.
- Where possible and by law an electrical safety test should be conducted prior to powering the product on.
- The warranty for your refrigerator does not cover the water line installation.
- Please read through the warnings and all of the important safety instructions in the user manual.
We would love to hear your opinion to help us improve. Please click submit for feedback.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.