Samsung Announces Launch of Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy A51 in Singapore
Samsung today announced the upcoming launch of the Galaxy S10 Lite and Galaxy A51 in Singapore. The new additions to the Galaxy line-up offer enhanced and meaningful innovations at a more affordable price range, enabling users to enjoy features which support their connected lifestyles.
Galaxy S10 Lite: Pro-grade camera experience for everyone
- Sporting a versatile triple-rear camera, the Galaxy S10 Lite enables users to capture high quality images with its 48MP Wide (F2.0), 12MP Ultra Wide (F2.2) and 5MP Macro (F2.4) cameras, as well as an improved 32MP (F2.2) front camera. Users can capture subjects in more detail – whether just 4cm away from the lens for extreme close ups, or share-worthy selfies.
- The Galaxy S10 Lite is also equipped with Super Steady OIS¹, which allows for a wider correction angle, which not only allows users to take clear and bright photos at night, but also adds gimbal-like stability and UHD quality to live videos and photos in low-light conditions. The Super Steady OIS is activated automatically on the Galaxy S10 Lite when the Camera function is activated, to enable smooth, live video recording (supporting a resolution of up to 4K 60fps) and photo taking. The phone also comes equipped with Super Steady Mode2, which offers action cam-like stability for action-packed scenes.
- The Galaxy S10 Lite has a whopping 6.7 inch3 FHD+ Super AMOLED Plus Infinity-O Display with an on-screen fingerprint sensor4. The edge-to-edge display will offer users a cinematic and immersive experience to fully enjoy multimedia content on the device.
- The Galaxy S10 Lite delivers speedy performance with an octa-core, Snapdragon 855 processor, which provides a smooth and responsive multi-tasking experience. The device also allows for 128 GB of internal storage5 and up to 512GB of expandable storage with a microSD card6.
- The Galaxy S10 Lite packs a 4,500mAh battery7, which is intelligent to boot. Based on daily usage patterns, it optimises power consumption by closing infrequently used apps, which will allow users to go about their day without worrying about battery life. The Galaxy S10 Lite is also equipped with super fast charging capability8 up to 25W; enabling users to do more by saving time when charging their phones.
- For casual gamers, Game Booster provides an optimised gaming experience based on AI and big data by learning about usage patterns in order to optimise temperature, battery and memory – so that users can game at their best with minimal worry.
- For existing Samsung users, the Samsung S10 Lite offers Multi-Device Experience, whereby you can access instant notifications, calls, SMS photos, or even mirror your screen onto another screen9, without touching your phone.
Galaxy A51: Refined smartphone experience with enhanced display and camera
- With a wide 6.5-inch3 FHD+ super AMOLED, hole-punch Infinity-O Display and a 20:9 aspect ratio on the Galaxy A51, users can enjoy a full-screen, immersive viewing experience.
- The Galaxy A51 boasts an upgraded quad-rear camera with a 48MP Wide (F2.0), 12MP Ultra Wide (F2.2), 5MP Depth (F2.4) and 5MP Macro (F2.2) cameras, as well as an improved 32MP (F2.2) front camera. With the 48MP high-resolution camera, photos taken will be clearer in the day and brighter at night. The introduction of a Macro camera also allows users to take detailed close-up shots with a more distinct yet natural bokeh effect in every composition. In addition, the Super Steady Mode2 offers users video stability similar to that of an action camera, with a 78° angle of view.
- The Galaxy A51 comes with a 4,000mAh battery7, providing users with ample battery power. The device is also equipped with 15W fast charging capabilities10, allowing users the freedom and versatility to do more by spending less time charging their phone.
- Built into the Galaxy A51, Samsung Knox offers multi-layered security to protect users’ most sensitive information from malware and malicious threats. It also offers an on-screen fingerprint sensor4 that recognises the user’s unique fingerprint for easy unlocking and authentication.
Local Pricing and Availability
The Galaxy S10 Lite and the Galaxy A51 will be available at local telecommunication operators, major consumer electronics & IT stores, online e-stores (shop.samsung.com, Lazada and Shopee) as well as Samsung Experience Stores.
The devices will retail at the following recommended retail prices and colours from the following dates:
Galaxy S10 Lite Product Specifications:
Galaxy A51 Product Specifications:
1Super Steady OIS' feature provides higher stability in both video recording and photo taking.
2Does not support the zoom function. Performance of the image stabilization may vary depending on shooting conditions, such as number and movement of subjects, light conditions and focus.
3Screen measured diagonally as a full rectangle without accounting for the rounded corners. Actual viewable area is less due to the rounded corners and camera cutout.
4On-screen fingerprint sensor is confined to the designated sensor area. If you use a screen protector, make sure it allows for use of the sensor.
5Actual user-accessible internal memory is less than specified total memory due to storage of the operating system and software used to operate the device features, and other built-in applications, and may vary after software updates/ upgrades.
6MicroSD card sold separately.
7Typical value tested under third-party laboratory condition. Typical value is the estimated average value considering the deviation in battery capacity among the battery samples tested under IEC 61960 standard. Rated (minimum) capacity is less. Actual battery life may vary depending on network, usage patterns, settings, battery condition and other factors.
8Super fast charging requires use of a compatible Fast Charging Adaptive Charger that supports 25W charging.
9Multi-Device Experience availability and experience may vary by region, carrier and device.
10Fast charging requires use of a compatible Fast Charging Adaptive Charger that supports 15W or 25W charging.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice or obligation.
Specifications are accurate as at time of print and are subject to change without prior notice. Bluetooth® is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc., and any use of such marks herein is under license. Wi-Fi® and Wi-Fi Direct® are registered trademarks of Wi-Fi Alliance. Android and other Google marks are trademarks of Google LLC. All other company, product and service names mentioned herein are marks, trademarks, registered trademarks or service marks of the respective owners.