Effective Date: 03 April 2020
Samsung Electronics collects your personal information in a variety of ways.
Information You Provide Directly
Some Products and Services enable you to give us information directly. For example:
- When you create an account or profile with us, we may ask for information such as your name, date of birth, or email address.
- If you order a Product or paid Service from us, we may ask for your name, address, contact information, and shipping and payment information to process your order.
- To provide responses when you contact Customer Service, we may need information to identify and authenticate your identify and the Product you’re inquiring about.
- When you communicate with our Customer Service staff or others, your communications will be transmitted through our systems.
- If you share your contacts, we will collect their phone numbers and other contact information to facilitate file sharing and messaging. You can turn off or restrict these features in Settings on your Products.
Information About Your Use of Services
In addition to the information you provide, we will collect information about your use of our Products and Services, such as through software on your Products and by other means. We will collect:
- Product information: Your hardware model, Product hardware information, IMEI number and other unique device identifiers, phone number, serial number, sales code, access recording, current software version, MCC (Mobile Country Code), MNC (Mobile Network Code), MAC address, IP address, Android Advertising ID, cookies, pixels, subscription information, operating system versions, and settings of the Products you use to access Services.
- Log information: Diagnostic, technical, error, and usage information such as the time and duration of your use of Services, search query terms when you enter search terms into your Product in connection with a particular Service, and any information stored in cookies that we have set on your Products.
- Location information: Your Product’s GPS signal or information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cell towers that may be transmitted to us when you use certain Services and enable the Location function.
- Voice information: Recordings of your voice that we make and store on our servers when you enable this function and use voice commands to control a Service, or when you contact our Customer Service team. Note that if we work with a third party service provider that provides speech-to-text conversion services on our behalf, this provider may receive and store certain voice commands in accordance with the contract concluded between us and our trusted third-party service provider.
- Samsung Keyboard information: The words that you type when you enable Predictive text. This feature may be offered in connection with your Samsung account to synchronize the data for use on your other Samsung Products. You can clear the data by going to the Predictive text settings.
- Viewing Information: The networks, channels, websites visited, and programs viewed on your Products and the amount of time spent viewing them.
- Other information about your use of Products and Services, such as the apps you use, the websites you visit, and how you interact with content offered through a Products or Service.
Publicly or Commercially Available or Shared Information
We may receive information about you from publicly or commercially available sources, including such information about you from third party social networking services you use, and combine this with other information about you so that we can better understand your needs, interests, and preferences. We also may receive information about you when other people provide it using our Services, such as your name and contact information when others send a message to you or share files with you.
Other Information We Collect
We may also collect other information about you, your Products, or your use of Services that you consent to send us.
Third Party Analytics
Through certain Services, we may collect personal information about your online activities on websites and connected Products over time and across third-party websites, Products, apps and other online features and services. We may use third-party analytics services on the Services, such as those of Google Analytics. The service providers that administer these analytics services help us to analyze your use of the Services and improve the Services. The information we obtain may be disclosed to or collected directly by these providers and other relevant third parties who use the information, for example, to evaluate use of the Services, help administer the Services and diagnose technical issues. To learn more about Google Analytics, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/learn/privacy.html and https://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners.
You can choose not to provide us with certain types of information, such as information requested as part of registering a Samsung account. In some cases, this may limit your ability to use some Products and Services. We will do our best to explain these limitations when we’re asking for your information so you can make an informed decision. For example, Samsung Cloud allows you to back up your information and create a restore point; however, Samsung Cloud was not designed nor intended to store or process sensitive personal information.
We use the information we collect for the following purposes:
- To help you or your Product register for our Services;
- To provide a Service or feature you request;
- To provide customized content and personalized services based on your past activities on our Services;
- To provide customized advertising, promotions, and offers that might interest you on our websites, third-party websites, and online platforms such as social media sites;
- To provide promotions and offers by way of direct marketing communications, only where you have given us your separate consent;
- To analyze our Products and Services to help us better understand our customers in order to offer the most relevant communications, services, and experiences to you;
- To ask you for your opinions on our Products and Services and to carry out customer surveys, with your separate consent if required;
- To provide software updates, maintenance services, important notices and support for your Products;
- To administer contests, lucky draws, redemptions or similar promotions that you enter into, where you have given us your separate consent;
- To comply with the law and legal processes;
- To protect the rights, property, or safety of Samsung Electronics, or any of our affiliates, business partners, or customers; and
- Otherwise with your consent.
We use and combine the information we collect about you from our Services, Products, or other sources to provide you with a better experience. For example, you can use your Samsung account details not only on the Service you registered with, but other Services which use Samsung accounts. We also use the information you provide directly or through other sources as described above to provide content you may like or that you’ve personalized.
You have choices about your information. Check out the WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS? section to learn more.
Samsung processes personal information for the purposes described above. Samsung’s legal basis to process personal information includes processing:
(i) So that we can keep our promises to you, such as providing you with a Service
(ii) To promote our business interests (for example, to manage our relationship with you and improve your customer service experience), including communications on our website, third party websites, and online platforms
(iii) To comply with the law and legal processes
(iv) With your consent (for example, to send direct marketing communications). If you give consent, you can always withdraw your consent by following the unsubscribe instructions included in the communication or by changing your settings for specific Services or when we give you a just-in-time notice, or by visiting relevant webpages. Please note that unsubscribing from receiving marketing communications from a Product or Service may not stop all of the ads (including customized ads) provided by Samsung Electronics. You may continue to receive ads from Samsung Electronics if you have consented to receiving them from other Products or Services. Please visit the settings menu in the applicable Product or Service for more information on how to opt out of such ads from such Product or Service.
[For European Economic Area (EEA) Residents only]
We will disclose your information internally within our business, but only to those who need it to further provide Services or to help with your requests.
We will also disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide our Services:
- Affiliates: Other Samsung Electronics Group companies which we control or own. Affiliates may also include other companies related by common ownership or control, such as Samsung SDS and Cheil Worldwide.
- Business Partners: Partners who we work together with to provide you the Services you’ve requested or bought. For example, we may work with a bank so that you can use one of our Services to make faster and more efficient payments. These business partners control and manage your personal information.
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as companies that help us with repairs, customer contact centers, redemption centers, customer care activities, customer event organizers, advertising (including customized advertising on our websites, third-party websites, or online platforms), conducting customer satisfaction surveys, or billing, or that send emails on our behalf, performing data analytics, or operating data management platforms. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other Parties when Required by Law or as Necessary to Protect Our Services: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
- Other Parties in Connection with Corporate Transactions: We may disclose your information to a third party as part of a merger or transfer, acquisition or sale, or in the event of a bankruptcy.
We take data protection seriously. We have put in place physical and technical safeguards to keep the information we collect secure. However, please note that although we take reasonable steps to protect your information, no website, Internet transmission, computer system, or wireless connection is completely secure.
Your use of our Services will involve the transfer, storage, and processing of your personal information within and outside Singapore, consistent with this policy, including, without limitation, countries in the European Economic Area, the Republic of Korea, the United States of America, China, Singapore, Vietnam, India, Malaysia, Canada, the Philippines, and Japan. Please note that the data protection and other laws of countries to which your information may be transferred might not be as comprehensive as those in your country.
[For European Economic Area (EEA) Residents Only]
We will take appropriate measures, in compliance with applicable law, to ensure that your personal information remains protected. Such measures include the use of Standard Contractual Clauses to safeguard the transfer of data outside of the EEA. To request more information or to obtain a copy of the contractual agreements in place, contact us. See the CONTACT US section.
Your personal information belongs to you. You can ask us to provide details about what we’ve collected, and you can ask us to correct any inaccuracies. If permitted by law, we may charge you a small fee for providing you with this ability. We may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, are extremely impractical, or for which access is not otherwise required by local law.
To make a request concerning your rights or to make an inquiry, contact us. See the CONTACT US section.
We will not keep your personal information for longer than is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. This means that information will be anonymized, destroyed or erased from our systems when it’s no longer required.
We take appropriate steps to ensure that we process and retain information about you based on the following logic:
1. At least the duration for which the information is used to provide you with a Service;
2. As required under law, a contract, or with regard to our statutory obligations; or
3. Only for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected, is processed, or longer if required under any contract, by applicable law, or for statistical purposes, subject to appropriate safeguards.
If you choose to connect the Services with a social networking service, we may receive and store authentication information from that service to enable you to log in, as well as other information that you allow us to receive. Also, please note that if you choose to connect with a social networking service on a Product used by people in addition to you, those other users may be able to see information stored or displayed in connection with your account on the social networking service(s) with which you connect.
We, as well as certain third parties that provide content, advertising, or other functionality in our Services track users’ online activities over time by collecting information through automated means including through the use of browser cookies, pixels, beacons, and other technologies in certain areas of our Services.
Cookies are small files that store information on your computer, TV, mobile phone, or other device. They enable the entity that put the cookie on your Product to recognize you across different websites, services, devices, and browsing sessions. Cookies serve many useful purposes. For example:
- Cookies can remember your sign-in credentials so you don’t have to enter those credentials each time you sign in to a service.
- Cookies keep track of items stored in your shopping basket.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which parts of our Services are the most popular because they help us to see which pages and features visitors are accessing and how much time they’re spending on the pages. Studying this information helps us to adapt the Services and provide you with a better experience.
- Cookies help us and third parties understand which ads you’ve seen so you don’t get the same ad each time you access a Service.
- Cookies help us and third parties to provide you with relevant personalized content and targeted advertisement by collecting information about your use of our Services and other websites and apps.
You can manage browser cookies through your browser settings. You can find out how to do this for your particular browser by clicking “help” on your browser’s menu. Your Product operating system may contain additional cookie controls. Note that some Services are designed to work using cookies, so disabling cookies may affect your ability to use those Services or certain parts of them.
Other Local Storage
We, along with certain third parties, may use other kinds of local storage technologies, such as Local Shared Objects (also referred to as Flash cookies) and HTML5 local storage, in connection with our Services. These technologies are similar to the cookies discussed above. They’re stored on your Products and can be used to store certain information about your activities and preferences. However, these technologies may make use of different parts of your Products from standard cookies, so you might not be able to control them using standard browser tools and settings. For information about disabling or deleting information contained in Local Shared Objects, visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html.
We, along with certain third parties, may use technologies called beacons or pixels that communicate information from your Product to a server. Beacons can be embedded in online content, videos, and emails, and can allow a server to read certain types of information from your Product, know when you’ve viewed particular content or a particular email message, and determine the time and date on which you viewed the beacon and the IP address of your Product. We and certain third parties use beacons for a variety of purposes, including to analyze the use of our Services and, along with cookies, to provide content and ads that are more relevant to you.
You can contact us to update your preferences, correct your information, submit a request, or ask us questions at:
The Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics Singapore Pte. Ltd.
30 Pasir Panjang Road #17-31/32 Mapletree Business City Singapore 117440
[For European Economic Area (EEA) Residents Only]
Samsung Electronics has offices across Europe, so we can ensure that your request or query will be handled by the data protection team based in your region.
The easiest way to contact us is through our Privacy Support Page at https://www.samsung.com/request-desk.
You can also contact us at:
European Data Protection Officer
Samsung Electronics (UK) Limited
Samsung House, 1000 Hillswood Drive, Chertsey, Surrey KT16 0PS
You can lodge a complaint with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes applicable law. Contact details for all EU supervisory authorities can be found at https://ec.europa.eu/newsroom/article29/item-detail.cfm?item_id=612080.
Get stock alert
Get alert when this item is back in stock and available to buy, by adding your email to opt into alerts.
Please double check your email address.
By providing your email you agree to marketing communications & inventory alerts from Samsung.
We will email you when inventory is added.