Never use any type of window cleaner, soap, scouring powder, or any cleanser with solvents such as alcohol, benzene, ammonia, or paint thinner. Never use abrasive pads or paper towels. If you do, you can scratch the screen or strip the anti-glare coating off the screen and cause permanent damage.
Cleaning the LED TV
General Cleaning for LED TV
For general cleaning of both the frame and screen of your LED TV, use a soft, clean, lint free, dry cloth. Never use cleaning fluids, wax, or chemicals except as described below. Do not use water unless the instructions that came with your TV say otherwise, and only use water on the portion of the TV that the instructions say to use it on. There are multiple products available to clean TV screens.
Cleaning Fingerprints And Greasy Smudges Off the Screen
There are multiple brands of screen cleaning solutions available by manufacturers.
To clean fingerprints and greasy smudges off your TV screen, get a bottle of ScreenClean screen cleaning solution or similar screen cleaner. You should be able to get it at most regular and on-line stores that sell monitors or TVs. Put a small amount of ScreenClean on a clean, soft, dry cloth, and then rub the screen gently.
To clean your television correctly, follow these steps:
- Unplug your TV before you begin.
- Clean the frame of your LED TV with a soft, clean, lint free, dry cloth.
- To clean the screen, first try wiping gently with the soft, clean, lint free, dry cloth. If that does not work, spray ScreenClean or another screen cleaner solution onto the cloth. Never spray it directly onto your TV screen.
- Wipe the screen with the cloth as gently as possible. LED TV screens are fragile and can be damaged if you press too hard.
- Let the screen dry completely before you plug the TV back in.
Thank you for your feedback!