How to turn off the ice maker on the refrigerator?
If you want to stop making ice cubes in order to not overfill the ice bucket, please turn the ice maker off by following to the instructions below.
How to turn off the ice maker
Type 1. Press and hold the Ice Maker Off button for 3 seconds until the Ice Maker Off Indicator illuminates.
Type 2. Press and hold Ice Maker for more than 3 seconds to turn the ice maker off.
The ice maker has 2 indicators (ON/OFF) to indicate the operating status.
- When the ice maker operating, the ON indicator turns on.
- When the ice maker is not operating, the OFF indicator turns on.
- When the ice maker is turned off, ice making is disabled even if you press the Cubed Ice or Crushed Ice buttons on the dispenser panel. To enable ice making, you must turn the ice maker on.
- When the ice maker is off, pressing the dispenser lever for more than 5 seconds will automatically turn on the ice maker.
- When you turn the ice maker off, you must wait at least 1 minute before you can turn it back on.
When you select the Ice Off mode, remove all ice cubes from the bucket.
If you leave ice cubes in the bucket, the ice cubes may clump together, making it difficult to remove them.
- To remove the ice bucket safely and avoid injury, hold the bottom of the bucket with one hand and the side of the bucket with the other. Then, lift up on the ice bucket, and pull it straight out.
- To put the ice bucket back in, push it firmly straight back in. If the ice bucket is not pushed firmly into place, the ice in the bucket can melt. If the bucket does not fit, turn the helix 90 degrees and try again.
Note: The inside of the ice bucket is very cold when the refrigerator is operating. Do not reach deep inside the ice bucket.
We would love to hear your opinion to help us improve. Please click submit for feedback.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.