[Galaxy Tab A] What is the Notification Panel, and how do I use it?
The Notification Panel on your device also provides a quick shortcut to your device's Settings menu. Touch Settings in the top-right corner of the panel.
The Notification Panel is at the top of your mobile device's screen. It is hidden in the screen but can be accessed by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom. It is accessible from any menu or application.
View the Notification Panel
1. Open the Notification Panel by swiping your finger from the top of the screen to the bottom, the first seven shortcuts from the Quick Panel are displayed in a bar at the top.
Note: The Quick Panel contains shortcuts to several feature settings options so you can quickly turn a setting on or off. You can swipe the bar to the left or right to cycle through all of the Quick Panel shortcuts. The Notification Panel on your device also provides a quick shortcut to your device's Settings menu. Touch the Settings icon in the top-right corner of the panel.
2. Scroll down the list to see notification details.
• Touch an item to open it.
• To clear a single notification, drag the notification left or right. Touch Clear to clear all notifications.
3. To close the Notification Panel, swipe upward from the bottom of the screen or touch Back .
Through the Notification Panel, you have access to the Quick Panel. The Quick Panel contains shortcuts to several feature settings options so you can quickly turn a setting on or off. When a feature is turned on, the icon and the bar below the feature name will turn green. If a feature is turned off, these areas are shown in gray.
To view additional Quick settings:
► Swipe left or right across the visible icons.
To customize the Quick settings that appear:
► Touch EDIT.
The following shortcuts are available in the Quick Panel:
• Wi-Fi®: Turn your device's Wi-Fi transmitter on or off.
• Location: Turn your device's GPS function on or off.
• Sound: Switch between sound on, Vibrate, and Mute.
• Screen rotation: Turn automatic screen rotation on or off.
• Bluetooth®: Turn your device's Bluetooth transmitter on or off.
• Power saving: Turn power saving on or off.
• Flight mode: Turn Airplane mode on or off. When Airplane mode is on, all radio transmitters are turned off.
• Do not disturb: Set your device to block all notifications and alerts. You can determine what notifications can make sounds, and during what time periods you want to enter this mode.
• Reading mode: Turn reading mode on or off, which makes the screen's color and contrast suitable for reading.
• U. power saving: Turn ultra power saving on or off.
Not what you were looking for? Let us help you directly!
Samsung Careline Team are available:
7 days - 24 hours
Chat Live online with an agent.
Email us directly. We aim to respond within 24 hours.
Need Support outside Malaysia?
Visit your Country Site if you live and/or purchased your Samsung products outside Malaysia.
All product and contact information on this page applies to Samsung customers and products purchased within Malaysia only.
How Would You Improve This Answer?
Help us improve our contents by submitting your comment below. We’ll try to implement your suggestion.
NOTE: We cannot respond without your name and email address.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.