Which version of the Android™ platform does my Samsung Galaxy S4 mini use?
The Galaxy S 4 mini for Sprint operates on Android™ version 4.4.2, KitKat (L520VPUBOH1). When an update is available, this page will contain information on how to obtain the update as well as details on what is included in the update.
To check the software version on your device:
- From the Home screen, touch Apps .
- Touch Settings .
- Touch More .
- Scroll to and touch About device .
- Compare the Baseband version on your mobile device to the list below.
Description of Enhancements/Fixes
Recommendations for Updating
Review this section before updating your device.
We recommend the following before you update your device:
- The battery should be charged to 50% or higher.
- Connect to a Wi-Fi network to avoid unnecessary data charges.
- Ensure there is available storage space on the device memory. The space required will be determined by the update.
- Use a Samsung USB cable.
- Back up your data using Smart Switch.
During the update, we recommend the following:
- Please do not use the device or press any keys.
- Do not remove the battery.
- Do not turn off the device.
- Do not disconnect the USB cable until the update is complete.
Note: You will not be able to place a call during the update, not even an emergency call.
How Do I Get This Update?
Software updates will automatically download to your phone with an option to install now or install later. If you choose install now, your phone will reboot and begin installation. Follow the on-screen instructions to download and install the update. If you choose install later, you will receive reminders once or twice a day to install the update until it is complete.
Note: Software updates are available OTA (Over-the-Air) and are 'pushed' to devices in stages. Some customers may receive software updates after a designated ‘push’ date. Please understand that your device will receive an update, but the date cannot be guaranteed as mobile device selection is random.
Manually Download Update OTA
Software updates can be manually downloaded.
To check if an update is available.
- From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > More > System update > Update Samsung Software.
- If a system update is available, follow the prompts to download and install the update.
Note: Your battery should be fully charged before starting the software update. Do not remove the battery during the update process.
© 2015 Samsung Telecommunications America, LLC. Samsung, Galaxy S, ChatON, S Translator, S Health, My Magazine, Multi Window, S Beam, Smart Pause, Air View, S Pen, S Voice, Air Gestures, Galaxy Gear, Milk Music, Samsung Smart TV, HomeSync, and AllShare are all trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Google, Google Play, Gmail, Android, and other marks are trademarks of Google, Inc. Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc. Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance. All other company names, product names, and marks are the property of their respective owners and may be trademarks or registered trademarks. Screen images may differ from one wireless service provider to another. Appearance of the device may vary.
Thank you for your feedback!