How do I insert or remove the microSD™ card in my Samsung Galaxy S III?
Your device lets you use a microSD™ (SD) or microSDHC card to expand available memory space. This secure digital card enables you to exchange images, music, and data among SD-compatible devices.
Insert a microSD Card
- Remove the back cover by inserting a fingernail or pointed object into the slot on the top of your device (1). Lift the cover up and away from the device (2).
- Push the microSD card into the slot until it clicks into place.
- Replace the back cover onto the back of the phone (1) and press down along the edge of the battery cover to ensure all of the clips have locked in place (2).
Remove the microSD Card
- You must first unmount the microSD card before removing it. From the Home screen, touch Menu > Settings > Storage > Unmount SD card.
- Touch OK to finish unmounting the card.
- Remove the back cover by inserting a fingernail or pointed object into the slot on the top of your device.
- Press in on the microSD card to disengage the locking mechanism. You should hear it click.
- Grasp the memory card and remove it from the device.