Is the Ice Maker in my side by side fridge making enough Ice?
Is the Ice Maker in my side by side fridge making enough Ice ?
Samsung refrigerator freezers produce about 120 cubes per day, which is in line with most manufacturer specifications.
If your freezer is producing less than 120 cubes per day, try the following:
- Set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting. The freezer temperature must be 5º F (-15º C) or lower for the ice maker to work properly.
- Make sure that the water valve on the refrigerator water supply line is completely open. You can find the water valve where the refrigerator water supply line taps into your house water line.
- If you have a water filter in your refrigerator, change the filter cartridge. For instructions, see your Users Manual.
If you want your freezer to produce more than 120 ice cubes in a day, try the following:
- An ice maker typically makes 1 tray of ice every 90 minutes. To shorten the amount of time the freezer takes to produce a tray of ice, set the freezer temperature display to a lower setting.
- If your refrigerator has a Power Freeze function, press the Power Freeze button to speed up the ice making process. In the Power Freeze mode, both the compressor and the freezer fan run for 10 hours continuously. The ice making interval is reduced from 90 minutes to 55 minutes. If the ice bucket fills in less than 10 hours, Power Freeze stops automatically.
NOTE: If you have just installed your refrigerator, it will take 6 to 12 hours for the refrigerator to produce ice.
You should throw away the first three batches of ice cubes that the ice maker produces (approximately 30 cubes) to ensure the ice maker is making ice from clean water.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.