How to transfer and backup data using Smart Switch on a Galaxy phone
Last Update date : Sep 26. 2023
What can be transferred?
- Transmission of some items may be restricted depending on the device manufacturer and the OS version.
- DRM (Digital Rights Management) applied content cannot be transferred to Smart Switch.
- Transferring data increases the battery power consumption of your phone.
- Ensure that your device is sufficiently charged before transferring data. If the battery power is low, data transfer may be interrupted.
- This feature may not be supported on some devices or computers
- Only transfer content that you own or have the right to transfer.
How to transfer backup data from a computer
Note: If your previous phone is not a Samsung phone, back up data to a computer using a program provided by the device’s manufacturer. Then, skip to the fourth step.
Check if there are any items that cannot be transferred
- To transfer your content using Smart Switch, you will need a Samsung mobile device with Android OS version 4.3 or later.
- Device screenshots and menus may vary depending on the device model and software version.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.