Thank you for your feedback!
Which version of the Android™ platform does my Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 use?
This mobile device operates on Android version 4.4.4, KitKat (T217SVPUBOH1).
Version Date Released Specifications T217SVPUBOH1 8/12/2015
This software update includes:
- Google Security Patch (Stagefright)
- User Interface enhancements
- TSP service fix
- Netflix unable to access menu while in a movie
- Google security patch
T217SVPUBNE7 6/9/2014 Android version 4.4.2, KitKat
- New Lock Screen Access
- Media Controls - full-screen album art and media controls when listening to music
- Camera Shortcut - access the Camera application right from the lock screen
- SMS App Chooser - select a default application for sending and receiving SMS text messages
- Restyled Status and Navigation Bars - status and navigation bars are translucent and can sit on top of apps, along with simplified status bar icons
- Consolidated Location Settings - location services are integrated and more detailed by new Location menu
- Expanded Emoji Icons
- Wireless Printing – supports printing over Wi-Fi and Bluetooth
- Prevention Information pop-up message is suppressed.
- Samsung Knox Compatibility
Samsung Knox™ is a comprehensive mobile solution for work and play – addressing the mobile security needs of Enterprise IT without intruding on the privacy of employees
- WiFi improvements
- WiFi "Auto network switch" will default to off, this change will suppress "Your internet connection is unstable" from notification bar. Allowing customers to connect to any WiFi connection regardless of the condition of the WiFi network.
- Initial Release
Check the Software on Your Mobile Device
- From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > About device .
- The Build number and Baseband version show the software version on your mobile device.
Check for Updates
From the Home screen, touch Apps > Settings > System update > Update.
Upgrade to the Current Software Version
An upgrade is available for the Samsung Galaxy Tab® 3 7.0. Click here for more information.
We will also relay news about software releases on our Twitter® and Facebook® pages.
Software Updates: The Samsung Customer Care team cannot speculate on when a future software update may be released, and the team can provide information only on available updates in the U.S.