Why the Samsung Air-Conditioner emits bad smell?
Basically, there are no components in the Samsung Split Air-Conditioner sending out chemical smells. However, Bad smell may be emitted due to dirty air filter. Air filter should be cleaned once a week in summer season.
Some reasons which may result in bad smell from Air-Conditioner are :
● Dust particles might be blocking the Air path, causing low cooling inside the room.
High ambient humidity.
● When the Air conditioner is turned on, other smell sources might be sucked into the air conditioner.
● When the drain hose is taken out to the washing room, there may be sources of bad smells such as a diaper bin, a shoe shelf or, a basket of dirty laundry etc.
● Bad Smell might be emitted due to dust and moisture sticking onto Air-conditioner coil and filter.
To know how to clean a Samsung Split Air-Conditioner Filter , CLICK HERE
After you have cleaned the Filter of Air Conditioner, it's a good idea to run the fan for three or four hours to make sure that the inside of the air conditioner is thoroughly dry, especially if you haven't used it for a long period of time.
● Filter should be cleaned once a week in summer season.
● Wet service should be done once in a year.