Why the Samsung Air-Conditioner emits bad smell?
Basically, there are no components in the Samsung Split Air-Conditioner sending out chemical smells. However, Bad smell may be emitted due to dirty air filter. Air filter should be cleaned once a week in summer season.
Some reasons which may result in bad smell from Air-Conditioner are :
● Dust particles might be blocking the Air path, causing low cooling inside the room.
High ambient humidity.
● When the Air conditioner is turned on, other smell sources might be sucked into the air conditioner.
● When the drain hose is taken out to the washing room, there may be sources of bad smells such as a diaper bin, a shoe shelf or, a basket of dirty laundry etc.
● Bad Smell might be emitted due to dust and moisture sticking onto Air-conditioner coil and filter.
To know how to clean a Samsung Split Air-Conditioner Filter , CLICK HERE
After you have cleaned the Filter of Air Conditioner, it's a good idea to run the fan for three or four hours to make sure that the inside of the air conditioner is thoroughly dry, especially if you haven't used it for a long period of time.
● Filter should be cleaned once a week in summer season.
● Wet service should be done once in a year.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 10PM / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
Only 8.30AM - 6.30PM / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .