Our mission & values
Our promise to perform responsibly
as a leading, global company.
Our promise to perform responsibly as a leading, global company.
Samsung is committed to complying with local laws and regulations as well as applying a strict global code of conduct to all employees. It believes that ethical management is not only a tool for responding to the rapid changes in the global business environment, but also a vehicle for building trust with its various stakeholders including customers, shareholders, employees, business partners and local communities. With an aim to become one of the most ethical companies In the world, Samsung continues to train its employees and operate monitoring systems, while practicing fair and transparent corporate management.
Our mission & approach
Samsung follows a simple business philosophy: to devote its talent and technology to creating superior products and services that contribute to a better global society. To achieve this, Samsung sets a high value on its people and technologies.
Our mission & approach
1. Supporting people to be their best
On the basis of human resources & technologies
· Make the extension of human resource development and technical superiority with management principles
· Increase the synergy effect of the whole management system through human resources and technologies
2. Our internal goals
Create the best products and services
· Create the products and services that give customers the best satisfaction
· Retain the 1st position in the world in the same line of business
3. Beyond Samsung
And contribute to society
· Contribute for common interests and a rich life
· Perform the mission statement by a member of the community
The values that define Samsung's spirit
Samsung believes that living by strong values is the key to good business. That’s why these core values, along with a rigorous code of conduct, are at the heart of every decision the company makes.
The values that define Samsung's spirit
Quite simply, a company is its people.
At Samsung, we’re dedicated to giving
our people a
wealth of opportunities
to reach their full potential.
Everything we do at Samsung is
driven by an unyielding passion
for excellence and an
commitment to develop the best
products and services on the market
As we have done since our foundation,
we set our sights on the future,
demands so we can steer our
company toward long-term success.
Operating in an ethical way is the
foundation of our business.
Everything we do is guided by
a moral compass that ensures
fairness, respect for all stakeholders and
Samsung is committed to becoming
a socially and environmentally
all of its communities worldwide.
Five Samsung business principles
In an expression of its commitment to corporate social responsibility as a world leading company, Samsung Electronics announced the “Five Samsung Business Principles” in 2005. The principles serve as the foundation for its global code of conduct in compliance with legal and ethical standards and the fulfillment of its corporate social responsibilities.
Five Samsung business principles
1. We comply with laws and ethical standards.
We respect the dignity and diversity of individuals.
We respect the basic human rights of all people. Forced labour, wage exploitation and child slavery are not allowed under any circumstances. We do not discriminate against nationality, race, gender, religion, etc. and treat all stakeholders and parties like customers or employees.
We compete fairly in accordance to law and business ethics.
We comply with all rules of other countries and regional communities, respect market competition order and compete in a fair way. We do not make unfair profits by unlawful means from bad trade ethics. We do not give or take compensation gifts, bribes or treat people while conducting business activities.
We maintain transparent accounting through accurate accounting records.
We record and manage all transactions accurately to make all stakeholders clearly understand our business activities comply with accounting standards that are used internationally, as well as accounting regulations of each country. As prescribed by law, we are transparent with company information and the main aspects of management, such as financial changes in the company.
We do not intervene in politics and maintain neutrality.
We respect political rights and political decisions of a person, and do not conduct political activity within the company. We do not use the company’s funds, manpower, facilities, etc. for political purposes.
2. We maintain a clean organisational culture.
We strictly keep one’s private and public life separate from all business activities.
In the case of a conflict between the company and a person, we give priority to the company’s legal interests. We do not espouse personal interests using the company’s property and own position and are not involved in any inappropriate activities such as misuse or embezzlement of the company’s assets. We do not have dealings with marketable securities like the buying and selling of stocks using officially acquired information.
We protect and respect the intellectual property of the company and other people.
Intellectual property and confidential information do not leave the company without prior permission or approval. We respect the intellectual property of others and are not involved in any acts of infringement like unauthorised use, reproduction, distribution, changes, etc.
We create a healthy atmosphere.
We do not allow any behaviour that could harm healthy peer relationships such as sexual harassment, money transactions or violence. We do not form factions that could cause incompatibility inside the group nor do we organise private groups.
3. We respect customers, shareholders and employees.
We make customer satisfaction our top priority.
We provide products and services that meet the needs and expectations of customers. We have a sincere and friendly relationship with our customers and accept suggestions and complaints with modesty. Also, we respect and honour and information.
We pursue shareholder value oriented management.
We provide long-term benefits to shareholders through reasonable investments and improvement of operational efficiency. We create stable benefits through steady management activities and enhance the company’s market value. Moreover, we respect the shareholders’ rights, reasonable demands and ideas.
We make efforts for the improvement of the ‘quality of life’ of our employees.
We provide equal opportunities to all employees and treat them fairly according to their abilities and performance. We recommend continuous self-development of employees and support the improvements required to carry out duties. In addition, we make a work environment that can work autonomously and creatively.
4. We care for the environment, safety and health.
We pursue eco-friendly management.
We comply with international standards concerning environmental protection, related acts and subordinate statute and internal regulations. We make constant efforts for environmental protection in all business activities such as development, manufacturing, sales, etc. We take the lead in effective use of resources, like resource recycling.
We put emphasis on people’s safety and health.
We comply with international standards concerning safety, related acts and subordinate statute and internal regulations. We obey safety regulations, create a comfortable work environment and prevent negligent accidents.
5. We are a socially responsible corporate citizen.
We perform basic obligations faithfully as an enterprise citizen.
We make an effort to raise faith in the company’s responsibility and obligation as a member of the regional community. We work hard for safe employment creation and sincerely understand the responsibility of tax payments.
We build relationships of co-existence and co-prosperity with business partners.
We form two-way relationships based on mutual trust with our business partners and recognize them as strategic collaborators. We pursue collective growth and strive to strengthen the competitiveness of our partners through ethical and lawful support.
We respect the present social and cultural characteristics and have cooperative management (mutual prosperity/cooperation).
We respect the laws, culture and values of the regional community and contribute to the improvement of the quality of life. We keep an eye on developing a healthy society through public interest activities such as intellectual and artistic study, culture, sport activities, etc. We actively participate in social service activities like volunteer work, disaster relief, etc.
Get to know our CEOs
Han, Jong Hee
- ㆍVice Chairman & CEO [2022~Present]
- ㆍVice Chairman & Head, Device eXperience [2021~Present]
- ㆍPresident & Head, Visual Display Business [2017~2021]
- ㆍHead, R&D Team, Visual Display Business [2015~2017]
- ㆍHead, R&D Office, Visual Display Business [2013~2015]
- ㆍHead, Product R&D Team, Visual Display Business [2011~2013]
Kyung, Kye Hyun
- ㆍPresident & CEO [2022~Present]
- ㆍPresident & Head, Device Solutions [2021~Present]
- ㆍCEO, Samsung Electro-Mechanics Co., Ltd. [2020~2021]
- ㆍHead, Solution Product & Development, Memory Business [2018~2020]
- ㆍHead, Flash Product & Development, Memory Business [2015~2018]
- ㆍHead, Flash Design Team, Memory Business [2011~2015]
Embracing new challenges to sustaining our legacy
The company has continued to innovate to remain a world leader in memory semiconductors, TVs, and smartphones.
In 2019, Samsung also declared its new CSR vision: “Together for Tomorrow! Enabling People.” The strategy outlined the company’s commitments as a global corporate citizen, articulating how Samsung strives to fulfill its social responsibilities and the ethos the company will adopt for the next century and beyond.
- Held the first Samsung 6G Forum under the theme of "The Next Hyper-Connected Experience for All"
- Started production of the world's first 3nm process node applying GAA transistor architecture
- Launched Samsung Gaming Hub service on Samsung Smart TVs and Smart Monitors
- Began sampling the industry’s first 16Gb GDDR6 DRAM featuring 24Gbps processing speeds
- Broke ground on a new semiconductor R&D complex in Giheung, Korea, aiming to extend its leadership
- Announced a new environmental strategy
- Began mass producing a 1Tb TLC 8th-gen V-NAND with the industry’s highest bit density
- Developed industry’s first 12nm-class DDR5 DRAM
- Unveiled Neo QLED TVs
- Unveiled AI-powered robotic vacuum cleaner
- Introduced the industry’s first 5nm processor powering the next generation of wearables
- Announced sustainability vision for mobile: Galaxy for the Planet
- Began mass production of the most advanced 14nm EUV DDR5 DRAM
- Developed the industry’s first 14nm based 16Gb LPDDR5X DRAM
- Announced a new semiconductor fab facility site in Taylor, Texas
- Ranked 4th in WBA’s Digital Inclusion Benchmark in 2021
- Unveiled 110” Samsung MICRO LED
- Introduced the Galaxy Z Flip and Galaxy Z Fold2 with innovative form factors
- Released 6G white paper
- Launched the Generation17 program in partnership with UNDP
- Commenced mass production of 3rd-gen 10nm-class(1z) 16Gb LPDDR5 DRAM in Pyeongtaek, Korea
- Received Gold-level Zero Waste to Landfill validations from UL Solutions for all its global semiconductor operation sites
- Introduced AI-powered laundry lineup with top-tier energy efficiency
- Ranked top five in Interbrand’s Best Global Brands 2020 ($62.3 billion)
- IOC and Samsung extended their Olympic partnership through 2023
- Announced a new CSR vision: "Together for Tomorrow! Enabling People"
- Released the Galaxy Fold, creating a whole new mobile category
- Released 5G smartphone, the Galaxy S10 5G
- Introduced BESPOKE refrigerator, launching a new era of personalized appliances
- Provided the world’s first 8K HDR10+ content on its TVs
- Unveiled industry’s first 108MP image sensor for smartphones
- Completed development of the industry's first EUV-based 5nm process technology
- Announced KRW 133 trillion investment plans by 2030 in system semiconductor businesses
- Started producing 8GB HBM2 Aquabolt, featuring highest performance levels
- Launched QLED 8K and world’s first modular TV, The Wall
- Released new cube-shaped air purifiers featuring new WindFree™ technology
- Announced medium-to long-term plans to expand its global use of renewable energy
- Established seven Global AI Centers in Korea, the US, the UK, Canada, and Russia
- Supplied the world's first 5G network commercial equipment in the US (FWA) and Korea (NR Mobile)
- Built cutting-edge EUV-based 7nm semiconductor line in Hwaseong, Korea