How to use signature screen lock for Galaxy Note III
There are five different types of screen locks available on your Galaxy Note 3: Swipe, Signature, Pattern, PIN and Password. To access the screen lock options for your device, from the Home screen touch Menu > Settings > Device > Lock screen > Screen lock.
The Swipe lock feature is great for keeping your device from making accidental calls or opening applications while in your pocket. However, it provides no security: anyone can unlock your device by swiping. Select Swipe from the Screen lock menu. When your screen is locked touch the screen and swipe your finger in any direction to unlock your device.
The Signature feature is a low security feature which allows to phone to be unlocked using a signature. Select Signature from the Screen lock menu and follow the steps outlined below:
1. Register your signature by signing the screen with the S Pen three times. A sample signature is displayed in the area you will need to sign your name in. You do not need to match the sample signature shown in the example.
2. After each signature touch Continue to accept the signature. After the third signature touch Confirm.
You can increase your device's security by creating a screen unlock pattern (disabled by default). When it is enabled you must trace the correct unlock pattern on the screen to unlock and regain access to your phone. Select Pattern from the Screen lock screen menu and follow the steps outlined below:
1. Draw a screen unlock pattern of your choice by connecting at least four dots in a vertical, horizontal or diagonal direction. Lift your finger from the screen when finished and touch Continue.
2. When prompted draw the pattern again then touch Confirm.
3. Set a backup PIN code you can use to access your device if you forget the pattern and then touch Continue.
4. Enter the same PIN to confirm and then touch OK
Note: a PIN must be a minimum of four digits but no more than 16 digits,
Select PIN from the Screen lock menu and follow the steps outlined below:
1. Enter a numeric PIN then touch Continue.
2. Enter the same numeric sequence to confirm then touch OK.
Note: a password must be a minimum of four characters but no more than 16 characters.
Select Password from the Screen lock menu and follow the steps outlined below:
1. Enter an alphanumeric password then touch Continue.
2. Enter the same alphanumeric password to confirm and then touch OK.
Changing your screen lock settings
You can change the screen lock setting you have chosen at any time by returning to the Screen lock menu.
1. From the Home screen touch Menu > Settings > Device > Lock screen > Screen lock.
2. Enter the requested security lock information and then touch Continue. If your current unlocking method is Swipe you will not be asked to provide any security information.
3. Select the security lock feature setting you wish to change to and follow the steps for that feature.
Configuring additional Screen lock settings
Once you enable certain screen lock features additional screen lock settings will become available in the Lock screen settings menu.
Multiple widgets: touch the slider from to to enable the Multiple widgets feature. When this feature is not enabled only the clock/personal message widget can be displayed. Touch Multiple widgets to select which of the following widgets will be displayed on your lock screen after swiping the screen to the left.
- Favourite apps: add a widget containing shortcuts to your favourite apps. You can customise the apps displayed in the widget by touching in the widget.
- Camera: When selected, this widget will open the camera when you swipe the lock screen to the left.
Clock widget options: adjust the clock widget settings.
- Dual clock: touch the slider to to enable the Dual clock feature. When turned on your device will display dual clocks.
- Clock size: select the size of the clock displayed on the lock screen.
- Show date: mark the checkbox to add the date to the clock widget.
- Weather: touch Weather to select the temperature unit and Auto refresh interval for weather information.
Shortcuts: touch the slider to turn the Shortcuts feature on and add up to five shortcuts to the lock screen. Touch Shortcuts and then touch one of the listed shortcuts to assign a different app.
Personal message: touch the slider to turn the Personal message feature on and add a customizable message widget to the lock screen. Touch Personal message to change the message displayed.
Owner information: you can add your contact information to the lock screen, providing a way for someone to contact you if you misplace your device. Touch Owner information to enter your contact info. Make sure you mark the Show owner information on lock screen checkbox and touch OK to save the information.
Unlock effect (Swipe and Pattern lock only): select the effect used when you swipe the screen. Choose from None, Oil paint, Watercolor, Ripple effect or Light effect.
Ink effect: select ink effect color when unlocking with the Ripple effect and the S Pen. Note: this option is available only when you have selected Ripple effect in the Unlock effect setting.
Make signature visible (Signature lock only): uncheck this option to prevent your signature from displaying on the signature unlock screen. This decreases the chance that someone may see your unlocking signature.
Accuracy level (Signature lock only): set the level of accuracy needed for a successful signature unlock.
Make pattern visible (Pattern lock only): uncheck this option to prevent your pattern from displaying on the pattern unlock screen. This decreases the chance that someone may see your unlocking pattern.
Wake up in lock screen (Swipe lock only): access S Voice and other functions using Voice Command in conjunction with the Swipe lock feature. Touch Wake up in lock screen to set up to four wake-up functions.
Secured lock time (Security lock features only): set the device inactivity delay before the secured unlock method is requested. Set to Instantly with the power key or when the screen times out to require the secured unlock method every time the device is awakened from standby.
Action Memo on lock screen: mark the checkbox to enable activating the Action Memo feature from the lock screen by pressing the S Pen button and touching the screen twice with the S Pen.
Help text: display help text on the lock screen.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.