- Personal Customers
- Business Customers
Trade In FAQs for B2B Customers
Where can I find details of the Trade in promotion?
The most up to date details can be found on our Trade in Partner's website: www.xchangemobile.com/NZ/Samsung which is run by Ingram Micro. Here you will find promotion dates, and you can check if your device is eligible.
Who can I contact if I have a question about the phone I have traded in?
You can email email@example.com. Response to emails will be made within 24hrs of query.
How to trade in your old phone?
See the steps above.
What do I need to do before sending my phone?
Here are some things to do before providing the phones to us:
• Back up contacts and any important files you don’t want to lose, including photos, videos, notes, calendar dates and messages.
• Remove the SIM and any memory cards inserted into the phone. To ensure the personal information remains secure, any SIM or memory cards found in returned devices are destroyed.
• If iPhones are included, it’s important that Find My iPhone is switch off.
• If the phone is received with an active iCloud account, the trade in will not be completed and the phone will be returned to you.
• With Android phones, make sure that disabled any security lock settings on the phone. These settings can remotely lock the phone to protect the personal information if you lose it. It’s important to delete the Google Account from the device.
• If the phone is received with an active Google Account, the trade in will not be completed and phone returned.
How do I know if the phone is in good working order?
• The phone must meet the conditions to be in good working order
• The phone needs to be able to be turned on and off
• The screen must be undamaged without any fading, cracks or bleeding
• The phone has no major cosmetic damage to the exterior
• Where applicable, the battery and back cover must be included
The phone must not be network blocked, reported as stolen or counterfeit.
• On iPhones, the iCloud account can’t be locked.
• On Android, the Google account should be removed
• Our team will assess the devices once they are received at our processing facility and confirm that the grade / condition is the same as the self-assessment completed online.
• You will then receive an email confirming final grade and confirmation of payment value.
• If you agree with the final value, a payment is processed into your nominated bank account.
• If you decline the final value, the phones are returned to you.
How do I get my trade in payment? (for B2B)
Your trade in payment will be made into your nominated bank account within fourteen (14) working days of the phones being validated by Ingram Micro.
What device do I need to have purchased to be eligible for the Trade In offer?
Eligible devices will be listed on the Ingram Micro website.
What are the dates of the promotion?
Promotion dates will be listed on the Ingram Micro website.
How many phones can I trade in?
You can trade in up to two phones per qualifying device purchased
When does the courier arrive for me send my phone in?
Within two to three working days of you completing B2B Quote template, providing all required documents and accepting final validated price.
How quickly does the phone get assessed and value confirmed?
Within two to three working days of phone being received at Ingram Micro facility
When is the payment made into my business bank account?
• Payment is made within 14 working days of customer accepting final assessed quote.
• Please ensure you have provided business bank deposit slip to avoid delays
Can I trade in a phone from overseas or another network?
Yes. You can trade in your phone from any network as long as it’s an eligible model and not network locked. You may have to pay your current network provider an early termination fee. Check with your network provider around your contract obligations.
Can I get my new phone now and trade in my old phone later?
Yes. You can purchase a participating device now and trade your old device when you’re ready. We suggest you trade in as soon as possible as prices can change frequently.
Can I trade in before I get my new phone?
No, you need to purchase a qualifying device first to participate. If you need to keep any personal information from your old device, we suggest keeping your old phone until you are able to transfer the data onto your new one.
What happens to the data on my old phone if I don’t delete it?
Your phone’s data will be cleared with highest industry and privacy standards.
You should back-up or transfer your personal data onto your new device prior to trading as once your old phone goes through the data wipe process, the data is unrecoverable.
Also, if you are trading in an iPhone using Find My iPhone, this feature must be disabled before trade in. To do this:
1. Go to “Settings” and select “iCloud”.
2. Turn off “Find my iPhone”
3. Enter your Apple ID password
4. Select “Turn off”.
If you’re trading in a smartphone from another manufacturer, please make sure you’ve disabled any kind of security lock settings on your phone.
What happens to my old phone?
Your old phone will be resold or recycled using environmentally friendly methods.
Who are Ingram Micro?
Ingram Micro is Samsung’s exclusive Trade in partner. Ingram Micro operate independently of Samsung and is the entity that values and purchases handsets traded in Samsung’s online trade in portal.
Terms and Conditions
a. The trade in contract is made between you and Ingram Micro and no other third party shall have the right to enforce any terms here.
b. Ingram Micro may change these Terms and Conditions from time to time. The terms and conditions in force at the time of your device trade in will form the contract between you and Ingram Micro.
c. Any provision of these Terms which is invalid or unenforceable by a court is to be read down or severed to the extent of the invalidity or unenforceability, and shall not affect the validity or enforceability of that provision in another jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions.
d. Ingram Micro’s delay or failure to exercise or enforce its right under these Terms is not a waiver of its rights under this agreement. A waiver by Ingram Micro of a provision or a right under these Terms is only valid if we agree to the same in writing.
e. These Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of New Zealand though second-hand goods will be dealt with in accordance with local laws and regulations in each jurisdiction. Disputes arising out of these terms or this arrangement will be settled by the courts of Auckland, New Zealand.