21 Doughnuts Promotion
Full Terms and Conditions
These terms and conditions expand upon the terms and conditions available to participants upon entry to the 21 Doughnuts promotion.
1. Information on how to enter form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
2. 21 Doughnuts Promotion (“Promotion”) opens at 10.00am NZST on the 23rd of February and closes at 5pm NZST on the 28th of February. (“Promotion Period”). 10 winners will be selected on Monday 1st March and doughnuts sent to them when they share their address. The polling photo comp will start 10am NZST Monday 8th March, with the final phone winner announced 10am NZST Friday 12th March.
3. The promoter is Samsung Electronics New Zealand Limited, 24 The Warehouse Way, Northcote, Auckland 0627 (“Promoter”).
4. The Promotion is open to New Zealand residents, 16 years of age or older. If you are under 16 years old, you must have parental consent to participate. If you are prize-winner, the prize may be awarded to your parent or legal guardian on your behalf.
5. Employees of the Promoter, any agency involved with this Promotion, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
6. The prizes for the Promotion are as follows:
- 1x Galaxy S21 5G Phantom Violet RRP $1,399 This will be awarded to the participant who takes the best photo, as judged by the public on Samsung New Zealand Instagram.
- 10 participants will receive 21 doughnuts each.
7. Prize may be substituted at the discretion of the Promoter for another or equal or greater value.
8. To enter the Promotion, during the Promotion Period, Ten participants who comment YES on the call to action posts on Instagram will be chosen at random and contacted via Social Channels (Samsung Instagram) on Monday 1st March and sent 21 doughnuts when they provide their address.
a) Participants must take a photo of the 21 doughnuts, tag @samsungnz and their region (e.g #christchurch) and post it on Instagram.
b) The polling photo comp will start on Monday 10am NZST 8th March, with the final phone winner announced on Friday 10am NZST 12th March.
c) Participants must take photos responsibly, and not take risks while taking photos of the doughnuts. Samsung does not take any responsibility for those who act in an irresponsible manner while participating.
9. The winner will be selected based on the highest number of likes received on Friday 12th March. The winner may be tagged and announced on Samsung New Zealand’s Instagram, at the Promoter’s discretion. The winners must contact the Promoter to claim their prize via Samsung New Zealand’s Instagram @samsungnz private message.
10. Entrants can enter multiple times during the Promotion Period, provided that the above criteria is met for each entry.
11. By entering this competition participants consent to your photo being used by Samsung for marketing purposes and you grant Samsung a royalty-free, non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable right and license to use such imagery for social media or marketing purposes.
12. In the event that an ineligible entry is selected or the Promoter is unable to contact a winner within three days of the Prize draw, having made reasonable attempts to do so, the Promoter may deem that winner’s entry invalid.
13. The Prize will only be delivered within New Zealand and the winner should allow 28 for delivery of the Prize.
14. The Prize is not transferable, changeable or redeemable for cash.
15. Neither the Promoter nor any other entity associated with this competition will be responsible for any late, lost, misdirected or incorrectly submitted entries, including but not limited to entries not received due to technical problems, social media privacy settings or human error. The Promoter has no control over the internet, its service providers or network lines and signals and connectivity and therefore accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with this technology.
16. The Promoter reserves the right to disallow entries in its absolute discretion, including for breaching the above rules, and without giving reasons.
17. The Promoter and its associated agencies or companies accept no responsibility for any tax or other additional costs incurred by a participant in connection with the receipt of any Prize under this Promotion, or incurred in relation to the Promotion or the Prize.
18. The Promoter reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of claims and determine the eligibility of entrants (including an entrant's identity) and to disqualify any entry or refuse to award a prize where false or misleading details have been given by an entrant, or where an entrant has behaved in a fraudulent or dishonest manner, or otherwise than in accordance with these terms and conditions or the spirit of the promotion.
19. By entering this Promotion, entrants agree to the use of their names, photographs and likeness for promotional/advertising purposes. The ensuing copyright will rest with the Promoter, without any claim to compensation from the entrants.
20. Entrants agree to comply with all reasonable directions of the Promoter. Entrants agree that they will not do anything that could bring the Promoter or its products into disrepute.
21. If a winner cannot accept the Prize for any reason, their Prize will be void and no compensation will be payable.
22. Failure by the Promoter to enforce any of its rights at any stage does not constitute a waiver of those rights.
23. All decisions made by the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
24. In the event the Promotion cannot operate as anticipated, the Promoter may amend, suspend or cancel any aspect of the competition (including any prize) in its sole discretion.
25. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, the Promoter (including its officers, directors, shareholders, employees, advisors, assignees, agents, licensees, representatives, advertising and promotional agencies), excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity), whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion, including, but not limited to, where attributable to any of the following: (a) any technical difficulties or equipment malfunction (whether or not under the Promoter's control); (b) any theft, unauthorised access or third party interference; (c) any entry or prize claim that is late, lost, altered, damaged or misdirected ; (d) any variation in the prize; (e) any tax liability incurred by a claimant or entrant; or (f) use of a prize.
26. The Promoter collects and holds personal information provided by entrants for the purposes of this Promotion and for future promotional purposes including contacting entrants after the Promotion with marketing information about Samsung products. The Promoter may, for the purposes of the Promotion, disclose such information to third parties, including, but not limited to, agents, contractors, service providers, offer suppliers and as required, to New Zealand regulatory authorities. All personal information provided by entrants will be held by the Promoter. Under the Privacy Act 2020, entrants have the right to access and correct any such personal information. Entrants may access and request correction of any of the details about them held by the Promoter by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
27. This Promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by or associated with, Instagram or any third parties. Any information provided by you in the course of this Promotion is provided to the Promoter and not to Instagram.
28. The Promoter reserves the right to update the Terms and Conditions and/or extend, cancel or amend this promotion at any time.