Bluetooth and your Galaxy Buds
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
The connection pop-up window as shown above will only appear on Samsung mobile devices running Android 7.1.1 or higher with the SmartThings app installed. If this doesn't appear you need to update the SmartThings app to the latest version. For steps on how to connect/disconnect your Galaxy buds see drop down boxes below.
Why does the Bluetooth always disconnect from my mobile device while I'm using my earbuds?
If you are often experiencing Bluetooth disconnection, here's a few things you should check:
- Check for any obstacles between the devices. For example; walls or electrical equipment. Such obstacles can interfere with the connection.
- Check that you're mobile device is updated with the latest version of the Galaxy Wearable App. Update if required.
- Make sure that your earbuds and the Bluetooth device that you are using are within the 10m Bluetooth range. Distance may vary depending on the environment the devices are used in.
- Try restarting your mobile device and relaunching the Galaxy Wearable App.
Why is my earbuds unable to detect my bluetooth device?
If the Bluetooth device that your are using is not being detected by your ear buds check the following:
- The Galaxy Buds will exit Bluetooth pairing mode after 3 minutes. Insert the Galaxy buds back into the case and open the case to enter pairing mode again.
- You can manually enter Bluetooth pairing mode using the touchpad: Tap, then Tap & Hold the Galaxy Bud.
- Make sure the mobile device is within 10m (32ft) of the Galaxy Buds when trying to pair initially.
Connecting with a Samsung Device
- Download the SmartThings application from Galaxy Store or Google Play Store
- Open the Galaxy Buds Charging Case
Once you open the charging case, the Galaxy Buds will automatically enter Bluetooth paring mode and a pop-up will appear on your mobile device
- Tap 'Connect'
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the pairing
- Once the Galaxy Buds have been connected to your Samsung mobile device, the earbuds will automatically attempt to connect to your mobile device whenever you open the lid of the charging case
- If the pop-up window does not appear, please follow the steps for "Connecting with a Non-Samsung Android OS device" shown below.
Connecting with a Non-Samsung Android OS Device
- Download the Galaxy Wearable application from Google Play Store
- Open the Galaxy Wearable application and tap on 'Start the Journey'
- Tap on 'Galaxy Buds'
- Tap on 'OK' to give Galaxy Wearable the required permission(s) to proceed with the pairing
- Open the charging case of the Galaxy Buds and wait for the Galaxy Wearable to detect the device.
- Galaxy Wearable is compatible with mobile devices with the following specifications: Running Android 5.0 Lollipop and above and Have at least 1.5 GB of RAM
To disconnect the earbuds, simply place the earbuds into the charging case.
The Galaxy Buds do not have a power on/off function. If the earbuds are not used for a predefined length of time after being removed from your ears, the earbuds will enter Sleep Mode and it will be disconnected from the mobile device.
To manually disconnect the earbuds from the mobile device, please refer to the following steps:
- Locate the Galaxy Wearable application on your device.
- Tap on the 'Menu' on the top left corner and tap on 'Disconnect' to confirm
- Your Galaxy Buds is now disconnected.
Thank you for your feedback!