How To Use Game Mode On Samsung TVs
Please Note: The information on this page is for New Zealand products only. Sequences or settings will vary depending on location and/or where the product had been purchased. To be redirected to your local support page please click here.
Most Samsung TVs will allow you to turn on Game mode to optimise the TV's settings for playing video games with a gaming console, such as a PlayStation™ or Xbox™. Turning on Game Mode lets the TV bypass some of the video processors which will cut down the amount of time the TV needs to process the video input from the game. You may notice a difference in the image quality; it's up to you if you would rather reduced lag while gaming.
Follow the instructions below to enable Game Mode.
2017/2019 TVs - Settings > General > External Device Manager > Game Mode Settings > Game Mode
Press the Home button on your remote control and then select Settings .
Scroll down to the General tab and then select External Device Manager .
On the External Device Manager page, highlight Game Mode Settings and press enter on your remote control to turn this feature On/Off .
- 2016 TVs - Settings > Picture > Special Viewing Mode > Game Mode
- 2015 TVs - MENU > System > General > Game Mode
- 2014 TVs - System > General > Game Mode
- The game mode is not available for normal TV viewing.
- The screen may shake somewhat.When Game Mode is enabled, Picture Mode and Sound Mode are switched to Game automatically.
- To use another external device on the same HDMI port, remove the game console connection, turn off Game Mode in the TV settings, and then connect the external device to the port.