How to resolve a 4E or 4C error code on a washing machine
The 4E (4C) error code indicates that the washing machine has detected a problem with the water supply. The most common reason for this error is a blocked or kinked water supply hose. Try the below troubleshooting steps to resolve.
If you’re looking for issues with a 5E or 5C error code read our FAQ on How to resolve a 5E or 5C error code on a washing machine.
A problem with the water supply is usually the result of low water pressure or a low flow rate on the mains water supply to the machine. This means that the water feeding into the machine is not flowing with enough force. The water pressure must be between 0.5bar and 8bar.
- Fully power off and unplug your washing machine at the mains.
- Move the machine forward to give access to the water hoses.
- Check that there are no kinks or bends in the water hose connected to the machine and make sure the hose is not damaged..
Check that the water tap connected to the washing machine is open to full.
Clean the water hose mesh filter at least twice a year to prevent build up.
- Turn off the water supply
- Disconnect the inlet hose from the water supply
- Disconnect the L-shaped arm from the washing machine
- Gently pull out the mesh filters
- Rinse the mesh filters under running water until they’re clean
- Reinsert the mesh filters
- Connect the hose again, first to the washing machine and then to the water supply
- Make sure the connections are watertight
- Turn on the water supply
Occasionally, a 4C check code error message may be displayed if there is a blockage in the dispenser drawer. Follow the steps below or consult our step-by-step guide to clean the detergent drawer.
- Remove the drawer
- Check for any obstructions
- Clean if required
- Insert the drawer back into the washing machine
Did this solve your problem?
If your machine is still displaying the 4E or 4C code, it may need a service. If so, please contact Samsung Support.
We would love to know your feedback to help us improve. Please click submit to tell us what you think.
Thank you for your feedback!
Please answer all questions.