Cleaning the Washing Machine
Please Note: This help content is only applicable to the product purchased from Indian retailers. If you require help for the products purchased outside of India contact your local Samsung subsidiary for more information.
Please Note: If Eco Drum clean function is not available kindly run any wash cycle of washing machine in empty condition. For example - Run cotton cycle in empty condition.
Eco Drum Clean is an eco-friendly cleaning cycle designed to remove detergent residue and build up. The Eco Drum Clean cycle should be run every forty washes. To use the Eco Drum Cycle, press the Power button, turn the cycle selector to 'Eco Drum Clean', then press the Start/Pause button.
STEPS (FRONT LOAD WASHING MACHINE):
● You can only use the Delay End function.
● The water temperature during the ECO Drum Clean is set to 70 ˚C.
● You cannot change the temperature.
● Be sure to use the recommended cleansing agent for cleaning the drum.
● There are powder-type and liquid-type drum cleansing agents. The liquid-type cleaning agent is only available with liquid detergent box (option).
● If you press the Start/Pause button, the ECO Drum Clean course begins.
● Using the ECO Drum Clean course, you can clean the drum without using a cleansing agent.
● Never use the ECO Drum Clean course when laundry is in the washing machine. This may result in damage to the texture or a problem with the washing machine.
● In the ECO Drum Clean course, never use normal detergent.
● Use only 1/10 of the amount of the drum cleansing agent recommended by the cleansing agent manufacturer.
● Since using a chlorine bleaching agent may discolour the product, be sure to use only oxygen bleaching agents.
● Powder-type cleansing agent: Use a [powder-type bleaching agent] or a [cleansing agent for drum cleaning only].
● Liquid-type cleansing agent: Use a [liquid-type oxygen bleaching agent] or a [cleansing agent for drum cleaning only].
The ECO Drum Clean Auto Alarm Function
● If the “ECO Drum Clean” indicator on the display and the lamp on the Cycle Selector are lit after a wash, it indicates that tub (drum) cleaning is required. In this case, remove the laundry from the washing machine, turn the power on, and clean the drum by performing the ECO Drum Clean course.
● If you do not perform the ECO Drum Clean course, the “ECO Drum Clean” indicator on the display and the lamp on the Cycle Selector are turned off. However, the “ECO Drum Clean” indicator on the display and the lamp on the Cycle Selector are turned on again after two washes are performed. However, this will not result in a problem with the washing machine.
● Although generally, the ECO Drum Clean Auto Alarm appears once a month or so, the frequency may differ depending on the number of times the washing machine is used.
STEPS (TOP LOAD WASHING MACHINES)
This course will help in keeping the tub clean and dry:
● Press the power button to on.
● Press the course select button two times.
● Press the start/hold button
● Add a detergent and close the lid.
Note : Never place laundry inside the tub when this cleaning process is going on, it will damage your clothes.
Top Load: In Most of the Top Load model, Eco Tub Clean function can be initiated by pressing 'Eco Tub Clean' Button for 3 Sec and then Start Button. If not available, Kindly cross check product Manual.
Front Load: Check Interactive Guide for Eco Tub Clean
FRONT LOAD WASHING MACHINE
Clogged filters can lead to drainage and water problems. These will show on your machine as 4E/4C and 5E/5C errors. We recommend cleaning your mesh filter at least once or twice a year, and cleaning your debris filter five or six times a year.
Front Load: Cleaning the debris filter
If you separate the filter without draining the remaining water, the remaining water may trickle out.
● If foreign substances accumulate debris filter, the performance of the bubble function will be degraded.
Caution : Before cleaning the debris filter, make sure to unplug the power cord.
Caution : Do not open the debris filter cap while the machine is running or hot water may flow out.
● Make sure to replace the filter cap after the filter cleaning. If the filter is out of the machine, your washing machine may malfunction or leak water.
● The filter should be fully assembled after the filter cleaning.
TOP LOAD WASHING MACHINE
Water supply connector filter:
● Pull out the filter , clean the dirt and wash well.
● Pull in the filter and connect the hose to the inlet water valve tightly.
Check if there is any leakage.Note to tighten up the connector
Cleaning the filter :
● Clean the filter net often to keep the washer clean.
● Push the upper part of the magic filter and pull in.
● Open the cover as shown in the figure.
● Clean the magic filter.
● Clean the cover and insert the lower part of the filter in the basket first and then push the filter with click sound.
Thank you for your feedback!
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
Check the progress of your repair
Samsung is pleased to offer Chatbot support for Samsung products related queries. You can also choose to connect with our Live Chat agent.
Services available 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
We'll respond within 24 hours of your request.
Log in with your Samsung Account and join the Samsung Members community! Peer to peer support for mobile phones.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India Only 24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh Only 8AM - 1.30AM / 7 days a week
For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8.30AM - 8.30PM / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal Only 8AM - 8PM / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .