Samsung Washing Machine does not spin ?
- Ensure that Power Plug is properly connected to socket and switched on also check if there is any voltage issue - If there is any voltage issue or no power due to power socket fault, please contact to Local electrician.
- Close the Spin tub door cover and set Spin time - Please close the Spin tub door cover (lid) properly and set the Spin time with Spin Controller.
- Motor starting and stopping in intervals (15 minutes) - Washing Machine is showing this (malfaction) due to protection device named as Over Load Protector. It protects motor from being damaged when it:
- Overheats due to low voltage - Operate Machine in proper voltage
- Overloading of clothes - Please do not overload
- Due to continuous Washing - Kindly give some rest to motor after every wash
- Pick out the clothing which has fallen between the basket and tub
Push the basket toward right side of machine.
Inspect/ look if there is any cloth stuck/ lying in the gap between basket and tub.
If any cloth is lying then pull/ pick cloth (if possible).
Note : For safety, pull the power supply plug out of the socket.
- Check the machine in empty condition - Please run spin mode in empty condition.
- Drain pipe is not placed properly- If drain pipe is hanged or bent then please place it properly on the ground.
- When there is no threshold (barrier), the length of the drain hose should not exceed 3m.
- When it is necessary to connect the drain hose with the drain outlet located far away, connect the extension hose and applicable parts (available from dealers or service centers).
- Do not install the drain hose where it must extend over a threshold of 5cm or more; do not install where there is a threshold (as shown below) and the hose must extend for more than 2m.
- Do not put the end of the drain hose into the water.
- Do not place the hose below the floor level of the drain outlet.
- Do not make the mid part of the hose positioned higher than the ends.
- Drain pipe blocked - Remove and clean the drain pipe.
Steps to Clean Drain Pipe :
a) Please remove the Drain pipe and clean the pipe in running water.
b) After cleaning the pipe, while re-fixing, ensure that the drain pipe spreads straight to the drain hole with no obstacles higher than 5 cm in the way.
c) Please do not extend the drain pipe more than 3 m (metres).
- Check the machine in empty condition - Post cleaning of drain pipe, check the tub in empty spinning condition (by pressing power > spin > start).
• Check the machine in empty condition - Please run spin mode in empty condition.
• Water temperature is HOT - “HOT” notification is displayed when water temp exceeds more than 55°C. In this case, machine will not drain the water and spinning will not be done.
• Drain pipe placement - If drain pipe is bending or not hang to the proper height then this problem occurs.
• Debris filter choked - If debris filter is choked then water will not drain and spinning will not work.
Steps to Clean Debris filter
• Open the filter access cover located on the lower corner on the front of the washer.
• Now, find the drain hose and remove the cap.
• Be sure to hold the hose tip upright until you have a bowl or container in place.
• Depending how much water was left in the washer, you may have to drain upto 12 gallons of water.
• After draining is complete, replace the cap and put the drain hose back in its place.
• Now, remove the debris filter by turning counter-clockwise unscrew the debris filter.
• Once you are finished, screw the debris filter back into place by turning it clockwise. Run a load of laundry to check for any leaks.
• Finally,replace the filter access cover.
Note : To ensure your washer is working properly clean the debris filter every 2 to 4 weeks.