What to do when Samsung Washing Machine does not spin ?
'Washing machine not spinning' is one of the major problems faced by people nowadays with their Samsung Machine at their home. However , the solution to this problem is easy to workout with.
There may be three cases when your washing machine doesn't spin:
● It doesn't pump or spin
● It pumps, but doesn't spin
● It spins only with the lid closed
NOTE: All the causes in Blue can be attended by the owner, and causes in Red require a technician to handle it.
It doesn't pump or spin
If it doesn't pump water out or spin, check to see if the motor is running, then proceed as follows:
● If the motor is running:
● If the motor isn't running, the lid switch may be defective. If so, the washing machine can't spin and may not function at all. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
It pumps, but doesn't spin
If your washer pumps out the water but doesn't spin, check these:
● The lid switch may be defective. If it is, the washing machine doesn't spin. The switch is inside the washing machine main housing near the door frame. Often you have to raise or open the top or front of the washing machine to get to the switch. If it's defective, you need to replace it.
● The motor coupler may be broken. It's plastic and rubber and is mounted to the shaft of the motor on one side, and to the transmission on the other. Over time, the coupler wears out and fails. You may need to replace it.
● The drive motor may be defective. For agitation the motor runs in one direction, for spinning and draining, the other. It's possible for a motor to burn out in one direction and continue to operate in the other. If this happens, you need to replace the entire motor.
● The spin bearing or basket drive may be worn or seized. These components allow the inner tub to spin freely inside the outer tub. When this is the problem, you usually hear a loud sound during the spin cycle.
It spins only with the lid closed:
For safety, washing machines are made so that they spin only with the lid closed. The lid switch prevents the spinning action when the lid is up.Therefore when the lid is closed , check whether the Washing Machine is spinning or not.
You can also workout following steps:
● Check the fuse and reset the circuit breaker.
● Straighten a kinked drain hose.
● Check if the door is opened. For your safety, your washer will not tumble or spin, unless the door is fully closed and locked.
Not finding what you're looking for? We're here to help.
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In India
24 Hours a day / 7 Days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Bangladesh
8am - 10 pm / 7 days a week
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Sri Lanka
8am - 6.30 pm / Mon ~ Sat
(Toll Free) For Use By Customers In Nepal
8am - 8pm / 7 Days a week
Dial as per your country
* For any printer related enquiries, please visit the HP website .
Find out more about how you can get face-to-face help.