Samsung's innovative WindFree™ technology
In accordance with the definition of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers), still air is an air flow moving at a speed of 0.15 m/s or slower, without creating cold drafts.
Samsung's innovative WindFree™ technology is the only system that uses "still air" to create an evenly cool and comfortable environment across a whole occupied zone.¹
WindFree™ technology creates a much gentler and milder air flow, evenly distributed through tens of thousands of micro holes, so people in the room feel almost no wind - just comfortable cool air.
Cool rooms quickly from corner to corner, so you’re always comfortable. Digital Inverter Boost technology cools the air 43% faster². Its advanced design also has a 15% larger fan, 18% wider inlet and a 31% wider blade. So cool air is dispersed farther and wider³, reaching up to 15 meters.
When operating in WindFree™ mode, the outdoor unit consumes only minimal power using less electricity compared to the Normal cooling mode⁴ ⁵. So you can stay comfortably cool without worrying about your electricity bills.
The low-speed WindFree™ Cooling features a quiet operation that minimizes ambient noise, so it generates significantly less detectable sound than the Normal cooling mode. Its low noise level is proven by rigid tests on each model in an anechoic room.⁶
Stay comfortable with no direct cold draft, optimizing the temperature, humidity and purity.
Simply fits into a small ceiling space. Efficiently cools with no cold wind.
Cools faster without direct wind, keeps you comfortable with less energy.
Circular design, omni-directional wind. All new innovations for added style and comfort.
- In accordance with the definition of ASHRAE (American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air-Conditioning Engineers), still air is an air flow moving at a speed of 0.15 m/s or slower, without creating cold drafts.
- Tested on the AR12TXCAAWKEU model compared with the Samsung conventional model AQ12EASER.
- Tested on the AR24TXFCAWKNEU model.
- Based on internal testing of the WindFree™ 4Way, WindFree™ 1Way and WindFree™ Wall Mounted air conditioners, comparing the power consumption of Normal mode vs. WindFree™ Cooling mode. Temperature conditions: Outdoor 35 C DB / 24 C WB, Indoor 27 C DB / 19 C WB. Results may vary depending on environmental factors and individual use.
- Energy Saving may vary depending on the model, environmental factors and individual use.
- Sound pressure level is a relative value that may vary depending on the operational conditions, such as the distance and acoustic environment, which may differ by model.