Terms and Conditions
Samsung Galaxy Z Flip Reintroduction Campaign
1. The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip In-Store Reintroduction Campaign ("Campaign") is organised by Samsung Malaysia Electronics (SME) Sdn Bhd ("Samsung" or “Organiser”).
1. This Campaign is applicable for Customers who purchase the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip from Participating Outlets.
2. Promotion A: Trade-Up Program
i. With every purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip (RRP RM3,999), Customers will be entitled to trade-in their old device at a trade-in value specified by CompAsia Sdn. Bhd. (“CompAsia”), and set-off that value within the same transaction.
ii. Customer is only entitled to trade-in one (1) device for every purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
iii. A list of devices eligible for trade-in, along with their trade-in value is shown in "Trade-in Device List" below. Devices not in the list may be eligible for trade-in. Customer can bring their device to Participating Outlets to confirm the eligibility of the device for trade-in. If eligible, the device trade-in value will be according to the SmartExchange App.
iv. The trade-in values provided in the "Trade-in Device List" are indicative, for devices that are fully functional with no physical damage whatsoever. Trade-in values will differ if there is any physical or functional damage identified, or when market value of the devices fluctuate. The accurate value of the trade-in device will be determined after assessment using CompAsia’s SmartExchange App in-store.
v. The SmartExchange App shall compute and provide a quotation through a series of automated tests, user-assisted tests and user-declared conditions. The actual trade-in value quotation shall be computed according to the types and quantity of defects found. During the device inspection by sales staff, should the sales staff find any mismatch between the actual and declared condition of the device, a revised trade-in value will be offered. If Customer is agreeable, the trade-in transaction shall be completed with this revised trade-in value. Otherwise, the device will be returned without any charges/payment.
vi. Personal device locks (PIN, passcode, fingerprint, facial and others) and accounts (iCloud, Find my iPhone, Google, Samsung and others) must be removed before the trade-in of device happens. Any locked device will not be accepted.
vii. Selected trade-in devices are eligible for an additional top-up value, which will increase the trade-in value of the device. Customer can bring the device to Participating Outlets to confirm the trade-in value of the device.
C. Participating Outlets
1. Promotion A: Trade-Up Program
Samsung Experience Stores (“SES”), Samsung Online Store and selected Samsung Authorised Retailers.
Visit https://www.samsung.com/my/storelocator for location of Participating Outlets.
D. Campaign Mechanics
1. Purchasing from Participating Outlets
The following are the two (2) steps to purchase from Participating Outlets:
Visit any Participating Outlets and make purchase
Walk into any Participating Outlet and purchase the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip.
Option of trade-in
If you are interested to trade-in your old device for your purchase of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip, please inform the store staff and complete the trade-in before making payment for the purchase.
Upon purchase, Customer will receive an invoice indicating that the full amount is paid.
E. Campaign Period
1. The Campaign Period will be from 24th February 2021 (Wednesday) to 30th April 2021 (Friday) subject to the operating hours of the Participating Outlets.
2. Samsung reserves the right to shorten, extend or cancel the Campaign Period without prior notice.
1. The Campaign is open to all Malaysian Citizens of 18 years old and above (during Campaign Period) with Malaysia Identity Card; except Samsung's employees (and their immediate families), its related agencies, retailers and dealers.
1. Customer acknowledges, understands and agrees that all purchase transactions are between Customer and Participating Outlets only. Samsung only acts as the coordinating party and is not involved or a party of any monetary/sale and purchase made.
2. The trade-in transaction is between CompAsia and customers whereby CompAsia shall determine the trade-in value using its digital application, i.e. SmartExchange App in accordance with the Terms and Conditions set out herein. Samsung is merely acting as the coordinator for the trade-in transaction.
H. Customer's Covenants
1. In connection to this Campaign, Customer will not use this site:
i. To submit fraudulent order, false, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, or libellous information;
ii. To distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm Samsung, or the interests or property of other users;
iii. To export the unit purchased except in compliance with the export control laws of relevant jurisdictions and in accordance with posted rules and restrictions;
iv. In the event Samsung suspects or discovers that the Customer is abusing this Campaign and/or Samsung in any of the ways mentioned above or otherwise, Samsung may, at our sole discretion, take necessary steps to prevent and mitigate such abuse such as limiting, suspending, or terminating the Customer's user account(s) and access to this site, delaying or removing hosted content, removing any special status associated with Customer account(s), reducing or eliminating any discounts, and taking technical and/or legal steps to prevent Customer from using this site.
I. Limitation of Liability
1. Samsung uses its reasonable effort to keep its site safe, secure, and functioning properly, but Samsung does not guarantee the continuous operation of or access to this site.
2. Customer agrees that he/she is making use of this site at his/her own risk, and that it is being provided to Customer on an "AS IS" and "AS AVAILABLE" basis.
3. To the extent permitted by applicable law, Samsung excludes all express or implied warranties, terms and conditions including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
4. Customer shall assume full responsibility in case of any accident, damage or claim resulting from participating in this Campaign.
5. Customer shall be deemed to be able to perform legally binding contract upon his/her submission of the pre-order and there shall not be any refund or costs whatsoever arising from his/her violation of the minimum age stated herein.
6. Warranty of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip is subject to standard product warranty coverage as per terms and conditions stated in the official corporate website at http://www.samsung.com/my/support/warranty. Customer is advised to check the website from time to time and stay informed for any changes on the terms and conditions of the warranty.
7. All transportation, personal costs and/or any other costs, fees and/or related expenses arising out of the collection of the phone are the Customer's sole responsibility.
Customer will fully indemnify and hold Samsung (and our affiliates and subsidiaries, and our and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents) harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by himself/herself or any third party due to or arising out of his/her breach of these Terms and Conditions, improper use of the site or breach of any law or the rights of a third party.
1. In the event Customer have queries with regard to the Campaign, please call Samsung helpline at 1-800-22-8899 for clarification.
2. Samsung reserves the right to make amendments to the Terms and Conditions of the Campaign herein without prior notice.
3. In case of any dispute, Samsung reserves the right to make the final decision and shall have the right to cancel, disqualify the order or forfeit the deposit necessarily.
5. In the event of inconsistencies between the Terms and Conditions found elsewhere with regard to this Campaign (if any) and the Terms and Conditions herein, the latter shall prevail.
6. These Terms and Conditions herein shall be governed by the laws of Malaysia and the jurisdiction of the courts of Malaysia.