Samsung's best-ever earbuds pack a punch with unrivalled sound quality, intelligent ANC and seamless connectivity, all encased in an impeccable design
New Zealand – January 15, 2021 – Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. today announced the launch of its next-generation earbuds: Galaxy Buds Pro. These earbuds feature immersive sound, superior call quality, intelligent ANC and enhanced connectivity across your devices – all packed into a modern and sleek design. Galaxy Buds Pro represent Samsung’s most premium earbuds offering to-date, built to help you get the most out of your work, entertainment, and everything in between.
“As people look for technology that can help them adapt to new routines and lifestyles, the market for true wireless earbuds has expanded substantially, and consumer expectations have risen,” said TM Roh, President and Head of Mobile Communications Business, Samsung Electronics. “With Galaxy Buds Pro, we’re making a big statement with a small device, offering users a one-of-a-kind audio experience that makes even everyday tasks truly epic.”
Unparalleled Sound & Call Quality
A premium earbuds experience always starts with sound. Whether you use your earbuds to play music on a run or listen to podcasts on the way to work, audio quality is what matters most. Galaxy Buds Pro offer a more comprehensive sound, sporting an 11-millimeter woofer for deeper bass and a 6.5-millimeter tweeter for richer treble. This delivers Samsung's best audio experience yet – a dynamic, balanced sound. So, whether it’s a rhythmic hip hop groove or intricate classical melody, you can enjoy your music just as the artist intended, anytime and anywhere.
But earbuds aren’t just for entertainment anymore – they’ve become crucial for work communication, and call quality is more important than ever. Galaxy Buds Pro separate your voice from unwanted sounds with three microphones and a Voice Pickup Unit (VPU), ensuring you are heard as clearly as possible. One of the outer microphones also has a high signal-to-noise ratio (SNR) rating, further eliminating background noises. In addition, Samsung has integrated its new Wind Shield technology into Galaxy Buds Pro. While a less protrusive shape minimizes the wind contact area, specially designed chamber with mesh filters out wind interference. Your phone calls have never been clearer, even if you’re stuck in windy weather.
Most Intelligent ANC on True Wireless Earbuds
The Galaxy Buds Pro experience is about hearing more of what you love, and less of what you don’t. When you need to focus on work—or tune out the world around and relax—you can reduce the background noise by up to 99 percent, fine-tuning to your preferred level. And with Ambient Sound, you can choose to amplify nearby sounds by more than 20 decibels, meaning you can adjust and personalise according to your needs. This feature is ideal for busy multitaskers – those working from home, while looking after a child or those who want to take a run through the city while keeping an ear open for oncoming traffic.
What’s more, ANC and Ambient Sound automatically work together, adapting to your surroundings, to optimise your audio experience. Galaxy Buds Pro recognize when you’re speaking, and they can automatically switch between cancelling nearby sounds and amplifying them. They will also turn down your music when you want to talk, even if you are using Ambient Sound or have ANC turned off. This technology allows you to hear and communicate more effectively and makes Galaxy Buds Pro the perfect tool for daily use.
An Even More Seamless Galaxy Experience
Galaxy Buds Pro are an integral extension of the Galaxy ecosystem – our most seamless earbuds yet. Now, you can automatically toggle your earbuds connection between your Galaxy smartphones and tablets based on your usage – no manual adjustments required. For example, if you’re watching a video on your Galaxy Tab S7 and then receive a call on your Galaxy S21, the all-new Auto Switch feature will pause the video and let you answer the phone using Galaxy Buds Pro. Once the call is over, your earbuds instantly switch back to your tablet; the video plays again, and you can hear the sound with your earbuds.
Galaxy Buds Pro also expand your audio experience by connecting with other Galaxy devices – especially Galaxy S21. You can enjoy realistic and immersive sound on your Galaxy Buds Pro, wherever you go with the 360 Audio featuring Dolby Head TrackingTM technology, which enables you to stay at the centre of the scene. For vloggers, you can clearly capture your voice and surrounding sound by synchronizing the mics on your Galaxy Buds Pro and Galaxy S21. Galaxy Buds Pro also boast Game Mode, so when reduced audio latency is paired with Galaxy S21’s powerful performance and immersive display, you can take your gaming experience to the next level.
No matter how you use your Galaxy Buds Pro, you can do so without worrying about battery life. When fully charged, you get up to 8 hours of playback, with an additional 20 hours of reserve power available in the wireless charging case. Even when using ANC, you can still enjoy up to 5 hours of playback with13 hours more available in the case. If you end up running out of juice, you can gain one hour of playtime after just five minutes of quick charging.
New Stylish & Purposeful Design
Galaxy Buds Pro aren’t just great to use; they also look great. Taking inspiration from Galaxy Buds Live’s innovative and iconic shape, Galaxy Buds Pro feature an updated, more ergonomic form factor. The shape of the canal-type earbuds improves sound quality and looks less protrusive and more natural when in your ears. This new design also reduces the contact area between your ear and the bud, improving comfort and minimizing any clogged-up feeling.
In addition, Galaxy Buds Pro were designed to give you added peace of mind. They are protected with an IPX7 water resistance rating, the highest standard of water resistance in the Galaxy Buds line. And now, worrying about losing an earbud is a thing of the past. SmartThings Find can easily locate either of your earbuds, even when they’re out of Bluetooth range or completely out of your sight, misplaced at a distance location. Galaxy Buds Pro were also built to help cut down on waste – using 20 percent environmentally conscious Post-Consumer Materials (PCM).
Galaxy Buds Pro come in three stunning colours: timeless Phantom Black and Phantom Silver, and an incredible Phantom Violet to match with your Galaxy S21. Galaxy Buds Pro will be available in select markets starting from January 15th.
For more information, please visit: www.samsung.com/nz
1. Galaxy Buds Pro can distinguish between noise and human voices. Switch temporarily to Ambient Sound and reduce media volume when you speak so you can hear conversations without taking out your earbuds.
2. ANC on Galaxy Buds Pro received UL Verification for cutting external background noise by up to 99 percent at 118.43Hz. Features including ANC are enabled through a Bluetooth connection or the Galaxy Wearable app on Android, available through the Galaxy Store or Google Play Store.
3. Intelligent ANC features such as ANC, Ambient Sound and Voice Detect can be set in the menu within the Galaxy Wearable app.
4. The feature is available on Galaxy smartphones or tablets with One UI 3.1 or above, which can be turned on and off in the Bluetooth® setting. Requires the same Samsung account to be registered on the devices. The availability of the feature may vary by application.
5. The availability of the feature may vary by device and application. Available in the Advanced tab of the Galaxy Wearable app. When paired with Dolby Atmos, sounds are heightened further with greater, clarity, detail, and depth.
6. It’s based on default settings; Bixby voice wake-up and Voice Detect are off. Actual battery life may vary and depend on usage conditions such as function settings, playback file type, and Bluetooth signal strength. When ANC is on, Galaxy Buds Pro give you 5 hours of play time, with 13 hours more when it is charged in the case. And when ANC is off, you have 8 hours of play time with 20 more if it is charged in the case.
7. Charging time is based on the battery of being less than 30 percent when they start to charge.
8. IPX7 is based on laboratory test conditions for submersion in up to 1 meter of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. Not advised for beach or pool use. Charging case is not water resistant. If the earbuds are damaged, they are not guaranteed to be water resistant. If the earbuds or your hands are wet, they must be dried thoroughly prior to handling or placing into the charging case.
9. The location of the lost device found with SmartThings Find is the approximate location where the lost device's signal was detected. SmartThings Find is available on Galaxy smartphones or tablets running Android 8 or above. Availability may vary by market and carrier.
10. Available colours may vary by market.
All functionality, features, specifications and other product information provided in this document including, but not limited to, the benefits, design, pricing, components, performance, availability, and capabilities of the product are subject to change without notice. Availability may vary by market or operator.