Device seems to heat up while charging the battery. Is my device faulty?
While charging, the device and the charger may become hot. During wireless charging or fast charging, the device may feel hotter to the touch. This does not affect the device’s lifespan or performance and is in the device’s normal range of operation. If the battery becomes too hot, the charger may stop charging.
Battery charging tips and precautions:
When using smartphone products, please pay attention to the following points and use them safely.
• When using the wireless charger, do not place foreign materials, such as metal objects,magnets, and magnetic stripe cards, between the device and the wireless charger. Especially, do not place cards such as RFID card , credit card, Door lock card between device and back cover. The device may not charge properly or may overheat and may cause damage the device.
• Use only Samsung-approved chargers, batteries, and cables. Charge-related products affect adirect impact on the safety of the user, so be careful when selecting the product. Unapproved chargers including Car chargers or cables may cause the performance problems and malfunctions or damage the device that are not covered by the warranty.
• Using Non Samsung-approved products (ex : wireless charger, USB cables, car chargers, Micro USB Connector, USB power adaptor) that are not guaranteed to be compatible may cause damage to the product.
• If the lower part of the device overheats, it could be because the connected USB cable isdamaged. Replace the damaged USB cable with a new Samsung-approved one.
• Be careful not to let foreign objects into the charger connector (connector, plug). It may causeoverheating due to corrosion or temporary short-circuit of power terminal.
• If you charge the device while the multipurpose jack is wet, the device may be damaged.Thoroughly dry the multipurpose jack before charging the device.